NBwcs

Re: Best or worst memory window cleaning
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2020, 11:59:18 am »
Worst was the 1st clean I ever did. Think I manged to do everything I could possibly do wrong. Huge house, all leaded, working off dodgy ladder, thought I'd squeegy it, had to rag it, didn't do enough research, knew 10mins in I'd made a huge mistake with the price, I ended up earning about £2.50 an hour, arms were killing me, discovered I really don't like heights. It's a miracle I pursued a career in shining after that experience but I learnt quickly and showed a bit of determination. The best is knowing on a daily basis, no matter how bad a day I'm having is that I'm my own boss, no answering to  anybody else, worth it's weight in gold.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2020, 01:39:44 pm »
a few years ago when we had a really bad winter I was driving the van up a slight hill in the snow and ice when all of a sudden the wheels lost grip and the van started to roll back down the hill.

there was nothing I could about it and it ended up smashing into the side of a car, suffice to say I lost my no claims bonus that year

mjm

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2020, 01:44:47 pm »
My best and worst memory together
The very first windows I cleaned a lady came out and said I haven't had them cleaned in 37 years thank you very much I have been  sick and closed the curtains iam now ok she died last year sadly after being on my round from the beginning
When I do a one off or first  clean and someone says   there in a mess I haven't had them cleaned in ages I give the 37 years story
I will never forget that lady  top class

Slacky

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2020, 02:36:49 pm »
Worst. Coming off the ladder, breaking my leg and ankle as a result.

Best was probably securing an £8000 one off school clean in London.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2020, 07:20:25 pm »
so we were responsibly leaving the van running in a really posh area cleaning a house, car pulls up two guys jump in and drive off hoses attached and everything, that was the worst day ….. van abandoned down the road no keys and iPhone but that was still great

Shrek

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2020, 07:45:45 pm »
so we were responsibly leaving the van running in a really posh area cleaning a house, car pulls up two guys jump in and drive off hoses attached and everything, that was the worst day ….. van abandoned down the road no keys and iPhone but that was still great

Why on earth did you leave the van running?