mac74

Does anyone still use a aqau dapter over a univalve?
« on: January 17, 2019, 08:45:23 pm »
Hello all,  i was just wondering if anyone else still uses the aqua daptor (like me) over the univalve? because i  prefer the long on/off click pull that the older model gives you, plus you can hear it, and also turn the water off/on at the brush head. I hate that tough on/off pull from the univalve that i have as a backup. I know if you change from flexible pole hose to the harder pu type it helps, but using cold water in the winter, this would be like using stiff wire as pole hose wouldn't it? cheers m

P @ F

Re: Does anyone still use a aqau dapter over a univalve?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 09:01:50 pm »
I have one but it sits in my spares box in case the Uni fails me , I have another Uni on my other pole but would not bother to swap , just stick on the Dapta til another Uni came , seems pointless using it full time as I have no more spares for it !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Phil J

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:05:46 pm »
Univalve all day long, don't need the added weight of the aqua dapter at the top of the pole, plus those springs always failed me!

mac74

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 09:15:53 pm »
I have one but it sits in my spares box in case the Uni fails me , I have another Uni on my other pole but would not bother to swap , just stick on the Dapter til another Uni came , seems pointless using it full time as I have no more spares for it !
I bought a few spares like springs and star wheels, before they stopped making them. I recently broke the shaft on mine and had to make a new aluminium tube for it,  which was very difficult to do, but i just managed it.

mac74

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 09:40:04 pm »
I have one but it sits in my spares box in case the Uni fails me , I have another Uni on my other pole but would not bother to swap , just stick on the Dapta til another Uni came , seems pointless using it full time as I have no more spares for it !
Would u take £30 posted for it?

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 11:39:14 pm »
We still have a pole in the van with one.

I honestly prefer the pull action of the Aquadapter. Its easier to pull on and off than the Univalve.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

easy clean

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 01:05:02 am »
Mac 74
I have 3 new aqua dapters, never been used sitting in a box in my office somewhere, I may be persuaded to search for them if you want them and the price is right!!!!!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 07:55:39 am »
We still have a pole in the van with one.

I honestly prefer the pull action of the Aquadapter. Its easier to pull on and off than the Univalve.

the only thing i miss is the wheel to turn the water on/off when cleaning ground floor windows,other than that....

1.i dont miss the extra length and weight at the top end of my pole
2.i had a few aquadaptors that just "sheared off"(basically fell to pieces!)within a short time....
3.the little spring snapping fairly often...annoying....

as for the univalve being harder to turn on/off than the aquadaptor.........ive never noticed it.......
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 07:56:44 am »
Mac 74
I have 3 new aqua dapters, never been used sitting in a box in my office somewhere, I may be persuaded to search for them if you want them and the price is right!!!!!

might as well sell them to him...he ll be well happy! :)
price higher/work harder!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 08:36:57 am »
I've always used PU pole hose with mine since they came out and I've never had to pull the hose more the a couple of inches max to operate the Univalve. My longest pole is an SLX 25
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Spotfree

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 12:59:29 pm »
My two uni-valves are becoming very annoying to use the last few months, having to pull a few times to switch off. Especially when the water is warm, I use the Gardiner green PU hose.

They are probably a couple of years old now, is there any way to service them?

mac74

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 11:09:42 pm »
Mac 74
I would buy all of them from you mate,  if it wasn't  for the fact that there is no wearing parts that are available on these anymore. I have around 6 springs, plus two mk3 star wheels left. Is yours a mk3 unit? because the mk3 star, has a notched stem on it, for the water on and off,  then i could buy one off u if maybe? for say £30?  or swap it 4 a unused packaged univalve and o rings, but its probably not worth your while hunting around for it i guess as they made a mk1 to mk3 anyway? Thanks m

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 06:53:49 am »
The aquadapeter was great....at the time

But then the univalve came out and made them look a bit daft.

The two problems with the aquadapter were number 1 extra weight just where you don't want it and number 2 that bloody spring!

I do have one somewhere though

Jonny 87

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 07:34:05 am »
Would u take £30 posted for it?

I think I’ve got one or two Aquadapter’s in my garage you can have if your looking for them. Got them as spares but then the univalve came out.

Send me an email and I’ll give you my mobile number.

Info@impactcleaningservices.org
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

tlwcs

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 09:16:28 am »
I have a aqua tap in the shed. The model b4 Gardiners took it over. (Was it Peter Fogwill)
Sorry to hijack your thread!
Tony

harleyman

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 05:28:00 pm »
yes it was I also have one plus aquadapter 1 2 and 3 and a univalve all still working whoooo lucky me.

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 09:17:44 pm »
yes it was I also have one plus aquadapter 1 2 and 3 and a univalve all still working whoooo lucky me.
Keep them good and you can open a museum when you retire  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !