« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 10:10:38 pm »

Rich Wilts

Re: What are people like?
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 10:19:44 pm »
Its big.  ;D

Tom-01

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 08:00:58 am »
Received a phone call from a silly sounding posh lady (all very fake). 'Hello I live in a four bedroom house and I wondered how much it would be for you to clean our windows, two garage doors and porch pillars?'

It turns it it was just a one-off.

'We had someone do it all before for £20, but I can't find them anymore.'

'Our price would be £80-£100 for a one-off, to be honest working that cheaply they have probably gone out of business.'

'Oh. That's a bit too much. My window cleaner is here doing the windows at the moment I will ask him if he can do it.'

'Yes that might be best.'

What the hell?!

SeanK

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 08:25:50 am »
There a shiner in my area who is fairly cheap but he just trads the glass, every so often one of his customers will ask me for a quote
without letting on they already have a shiner, basically they are looking for a one of frame clean and have no intention of dumping
their window cleaner.
I love to see the look on their face when I quote them more per clean than their window cleaner charges for a years cleaning, It pays to keep an eye on who's doing what in your area.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 08:38:41 am »
£95 for a bungalow?! bloody hell I work in the wrong area- I thought my £10 bungalow was a good un ! lol

I used to do a particular bungalow for £35 - and it shoud have been more.  Like all buildings, there are many shapes and sizes.

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 08:43:25 am »
There are still plenty of old school (glass only) trad guy's out  their for sure that's why they are so cheap.
Most if asked and if they can be bothered that is will charge extra to do the frames, sills  and doors.  ;D

Rich Wilts

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2015, 09:18:36 pm »
£95 for a bungalow?! bloody hell I work in the wrong area- I thought my £10 bungalow was a good un ! lol

This is the place I mentioned. We don't do any of the glass above the gutter line expect for the velux windows.

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2015, 09:22:31 pm »
Dazmond likes to clean them himself!