8weekly

What are people like?
« on: October 08, 2015, 03:46:27 pm »
This house is a chalet style house with a garden office. My leaflets state that a bungalow is normally £18.

Dear Steve,

We have recently moved to a chalet bungalow in East Ilsley and are looking for a window cleaner. We received a leaflet through the door and were hoping that you come to the village and might be able to take a look and let me know how much an 8 weekly clean would cost? We also have a garden office with a window and double doors. If you can let me know when you might be in the area then I can give you the address for you to take a look?

With many thanks and best regards,

Trudi

Hi Trudi,

I am planning a visit tomorrow as I have a first clean to do. I can look at yours then, but if you give me the address & I can find it I should be able to quote by email and clean them tomorrow or early next week.

Best regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for getting back so promptly. We are at ************ East Ilsley, RG20 *****, next door to *******. My husband, Bob, should be at home today so if you want to ring the door bell and give him the quote that would be fine, or you can email me.

Thanks again.

Best regards,

Trudi

Hello Trudi,

Actually it’s quite difficult to tell from those details. I’m in East Ilsley on Friday (not today) and will have a look. I’d estimate £25 - £27 8 weekly depending on access. If you are happy with the range I will just schedule it in for tomorrow or just possibly Monday as it’s quite a crammed day with a slight possibility of not getting there. Is there a locked gate or is access straightforward. I can text the day before for access if necessary, but prefer not to in case I get behind and don’t complete all planned work.

I await your reply,

Best,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry. My mistake. Bob should also be at home tomorrow if you were able to take a look? Looking at your leaflet we thought the quote might be in the £18-£20 range? We would like to have the quote before agreeing a date with you depending on your schedule in the area. Would you clean the windows on or around the same date every 8 weeks? The gate isn’t normally locked during the day so access shouldn’t be a problem.

Hope this is o.k.?

Best regards,

Trudi

A bungalow is usually £18, but you have upstairs windows (some of which look very awkward) and an out building with 5 windows + patio doors. It definitely won’t be in the £18-£20 price range. Perhaps best to get another quote for comparison.

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your email. I didn’t think it was possible to get to the smaller windows at the rear of the outside building due to the overgrown area and the number of nettles present until we can clear these away? I was thinking of just the patio doors and the window on the side. Would just cleaning these affect the quote? I appreciate the two upstairs windows are not easy to get to though. Let me talk with Bob later and I’ll get back to you tomorrow. We have had two other quotes and yours is the best.

Best regards,

Trudi

Rich Wilts

Re: What are people like?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 04:46:20 pm »
We have had two other quotes and yours is the best.

Best regards,

Trudi

In that case my sweet I suggest you accept it.  ???  ???  ???

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 04:50:39 pm »
guess theyre retired

NWH

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 04:58:07 pm »
They would do my head in,I would give them a price and hope they said no.

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 05:17:51 pm »

Makes you wonder why they don't have a regular window cleaner already ;D

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 05:20:28 pm »

:) +1

8weekly

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 05:22:07 pm »
Although sometimes people like this do turn out to be ok. Unrestricted access goes in their favour at least. But yeah, she now has three quoyes and she wants a third off the lowest. Mad!

robbo333

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 05:28:57 pm »
You can guarantee if you get the job, those 'hard to get to nettles' will be cleared away pretty sharpish.
She'll then expect those done for the same money too.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 06:09:41 pm »
£27 for a bungalow? They are getting stung far worse than a bit of nettle rash on your legs.  ;D

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 06:10:17 pm »
£27 for a bungalow? They are getting stung far worse than a bit of nettle rash on your legs.  ;D

;D
You can't polish a turd

NWH

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 06:10:28 pm »
People like that don't tend to be alright they tend to be a pain in the arse asking you knock on certain days etc,they think they are your only customer that's the attitude they have. If you don't come when it rains they wonder why and if you turn up when the weather looks ifi they say not today either way you are onto arse ache mate

NWH

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 06:12:30 pm »
£27 almost 2 packets of fAgs isn't it or a 1/4 of a tank of fuel,every 2 months to get someone to travel to you to clean your Windows in all weathers,no it's not a lot that's my opinion lol

NWH

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 06:13:32 pm »
People like that don't tend to be alright they tend to be a pain in the arse asking you knock on certain days etc,they think they are your only customer that's the attitude they have. If you don't come when it rains they wonder why and if you turn up when the weather looks ifi they say not today either way you are onto arse ache mate

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 06:24:18 pm »

+ 1

Then they drop you at a drop of a hat when someone else comes knocking that can do it cheaper  ;D

8weekly

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 06:25:05 pm »
And I'm the cheapest.  ;)

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 06:29:05 pm »
So far  ;D

Rich Wilts

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 06:32:52 pm »
And I'm the cheapest.  ;)

Ive got a bungalow thats £95.00.

Lovely place to do. Its due shortly, I'll take some pics when Im there.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 06:37:48 pm »
To right to for someone to turn up and provide a service for you on an agreed basis,it has to be worth it doesn't it.Its only when you get to a certain amount of work most people can see the logic on price,if you have jobs where you can earn more your not going to do jobs on houses your going to earn less are you. These days I give my price and go if you go in a fiver to cheap that fiver is going to take at least 5 years to get back in increases,everyone's perception on what they should pay is different you can say to someone it'll be 50 and they won't even wince,you can drive down the road and give the same price and almost get a bollocking for the same quote. IMO pricing is all about summing people up within minutes of having to quote,I've been surprised because they didn't quibble when it was overpriced and ped off when I've gone in to cheap and got the job. I keep it safe these days and always add 10-15% on top of my initial thought-quote

8weekly

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 06:58:59 pm »
So far  ;D
If someone is willing to do it for less then they are welcome to it.

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 09:57:18 pm »
£95 for a bungalow?! bloody hell I work in the wrong area- I thought my £10 bungalow was a good un ! lol