H MAN

Re: Cleaning windows in the dark of the night ??
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 10:00:34 pm »
I just don't believe someone thinks doing domestic in the night is viable.
It really is time to turn off all power in the UK for about 3 weeks in the winter. This will mean the weak and stupid will die while waiting for someone to sort things out, and the country can get back to moving forward, instead of having to spend time explaining basic social skills to people who find it all just a bit too hard to understand.

2am, and some geezer is lying in bed with his alarm set at 6.30 to get up for work. Outside, some mong has tipped up to clean the windows. Next doors dog goes ballistic, setting off a few others in the street. Can you see where this is going, or shall we start using match stick men drawings to help?
Did video on our own windows yes it not for homes.
But for shops etc.
Is ideal.

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2015, 10:08:14 pm »
Pressure washing windows? lmao this would blow some of my customers windows away!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSZvYWoPW7A

rosskesava

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 12:31:04 am »
I do commercial work sometimes in the dark, mainly during the winter months, but with wfp which is a different ball game to trad.

Anyone who does trad in the dark, especially with a pole in the dark, torch or no torch, cannot know how good a job they are doing.

Regardless, doing trad with a pole? From ground level you may think you are doing a fantastic job but the chances are, you are not.

There again, if the customer is happy with the job, and the money is right, that is all that matters.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 06:23:37 am »
I guess you would have to be really poor or desperate, or both to want to work in the dark  :-\

H MAN

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2015, 09:49:44 am »
Here's another one for the WFPs.
This is not mine idea.
So there are many others out there as well.
Would imagine they are not poor or desperate.?

Lakes and Pennine

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2015, 07:05:07 am »
Its not a case of cleaning at night. Buut many on here i see have work a long way from home, as I do. When the nights cut in and you still have 4 houses to do, do you Come back tomorrow, spending another £30 on diesel and  missing the round you should be doing that is 50 miles in the other direction?

The light is a good idea, especialy in the twilight.

For 20 odd years i worked underground and worked by the light of a cap lamp, So if you can  carry out all that work in the dark then cleaning a few windows should be no problem. 

The cap looks a good idea, but the chinese are now doing some fantastic mining lamps that are good value, a very good beam, which knocks spots off most of the outdoor head torches. They also have a long life battery that these days will fit in your pocket and the price includes the charger

Excellent idea

Dave Willis

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2015, 07:15:12 am »
Here's another one for the WFPs.
This is not mine idea.
So there are many others out there as well.
Would imagine they are not poor or desperate.?

Can't be that good, that's a concrete wall not glass - I didn't know Ray Charles was back cleaning windows  ???

H MAN

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2015, 02:15:07 am »
So the point making here that there are situation where you may not have an opportunity to clean windows of a day time and/or because of places that it is not possible to see if you are cleaning it properly.
If you have any other ways to do this great, please share!! ;)