NWH

Liquidator rubbish
« on: April 24, 2015, 06:45:10 pm »
I got one this week and using it as it comes is hopeless to say the least,I had to boil the clips re-shape them and then modify the tips to get it to stop jumping and doing an awful job. If you watch a few videos it says you have to change you technique which is rubbish as you shouldn't have to. No different to having to modify a standard channel as these new clips don't work as they come out of the box

Avo

Re: Liquidator rubbish
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 07:08:28 pm »
Just bought one why do they need reshaping?

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 07:47:27 pm »
Thought it was just me. I spent an hour trying to fan with it and threw it up the garden path in temper. I notice the guys who seem to get on with them use really short channels for big panes. Only way to get them to turn I suppose. I'll not even bother with the bigger one I have left. Waste of money for me I'm afraid.

Avo

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 07:55:54 pm »
Oh no you could of told me before buying one Dave 😄👍 I'll find out Monday lol

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 08:09:04 pm »
Some guys like them but there's pages and pages on the net of how to bodge them to get them to work. In my experience (short) you need loads of soap to give you enough slip to turn them, forget GG4. They should be perfect out of the box but I thought they were rubbish. They are horrendous on a turn - the top end will fold over if it's backed up the glass at all so your technique has to be perfect. Mine left water on the glass in the middle, maybe the posty sat on them?
Try it, you might be ok.

Avo

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 08:25:24 pm »
I thought they took months of test and designing to this channel 😀

It's going to be another unger ninja isn't it lol.... Just taken up space in the van 😄👍

ChumBucket

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 08:59:00 pm »
Makes you wonder what kind of commission Lee Burbidge is on in return for over- hyping a product up? ;D

Avo

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 11:17:09 pm »
Makes you wonder what kind of commission Lee Burbidge is on in return for over- hyping a product up? ;D
yes I must say I agree.. I must be a right mug 😄

chris turner

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2015, 07:15:51 am »
Just ordered one this week, thanks for killing my excitement  :o

andyM

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 07:43:54 am »
Tried it........then binned it.
Not up to scratch in my opinion.
One of the Plebs

lal

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2015, 11:13:11 am »

I bought one, couldn't get on with it either, kept leaving trace's of water on the glass, turning or fanning on glass impossible
without leaving water trace's, i boiled the end tips reshaped them, cooled them under cold water, tried again on glass, same
problems, even changed my technique using different angle's with the squeegee handle, very disappointed with it to be honest
after all the hype its been given. written it off now as a complete waste of money.

Lal

slap bash

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2015, 11:28:11 am »
Its not Lee `s fault its Blades and poles, one thing he promotes is using a lot of fairy in the water so its a dry foam in the glass this will give a lot of slip. He says it should not sag on the glass when you apply to the window.This might be the trick with fanning. We are used to little soap in the water. Which is good for me still use my Ergoteck squeegee.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 03:27:45 pm »
Do what I said to it and it will work well on the glass you need to straighten the bent in ends completely and then the very very end tips need to be heated and then pointed towards the rubber. They don't work well indoors as they are not good at closing out due to the angle you need,when they first come as they are made they work like a down the market couple of quid plastic squeegee.

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 04:23:52 pm »
I tried this out at the cleaning show .
Tried it out on a small piece of demo glass they had set up and it seemed good.
Purchased one and gave it a proper try out  and  I'm not a fan of it.
People  are looking at the side of the frames and yes they do need  minimal to no detailing but the liquidator has a habit of leaving soap when you turn and fan with the blade.
It feels cheap  after a day I put it away in the van  and wen't back to unger ergotec.

You should not have to adapt brand new tools you have just brought to work properly.most people purchased them and gave them a go but most will return  and stay with the manufacturer they have been with for years.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2015, 06:40:40 pm »
I do minimal amount of trad these days but thought I'd get one for shops and insides but it is even worse on insides due to recessed window frames closing out is far far worse than cleaning with a standard squeegee,you can get much better results bending the tips on a normal squeegee IMO. As it comes out of the box it's not fit for purpose it's useless it paints nice S shapes in soap on the glass though in the bits it misses,a standard ettorre 12-14" beats it hands down even if you have skip slightly round the edges with a microfibre. This time of the year in sunlight you can really see how bad a job it does,if you worked solely trad and did a house with this tool I can only see it slowing you down.

Jettaway

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 06:50:29 pm »
I get on well with mine.
The first few days were tough and I nearly binned it a few times.  I just seemed to click with it one day. I never modified mine. I don't know if my technique adapted to it or more than likely the rubber finally broke in. I can't stand their rubber, its proper naff. Gonna put ettore or razor in next time.
I get near perfect results now

Edge Clean

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 08:11:51 pm »
I had been getting on well with mine since I purchased it....however, Thursday night I accidently left my bucket and tools outside over night...it was pretty wet n chilly that night and the end clips seem to have bent inwards rendering the squeegee useless.

I personally think the squeegee design needs a complete overhaul, they need to lose those plastic end clips and design it as a one pieces metal channel, with the dog ear bits flush with the channel length. If I had the means to it would build it myself.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 08:25:02 pm »
It's been rushed to market and a lot of that is down to the vids wagga has done,the patent pending means nothing they can keep that design lol cos it doesn't work. Far to over engineered you can get the same effect with a normal rubber cut at an angle on a standard square ended channel

Walter Mitty

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 08:56:18 pm »
Why the end clips?  Is the channel brass?

NWH

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 09:07:19 pm »
The channel is aluminium with plastic end clips.it pushes the rubber so hard into the edges of the glass it jumps around like one of Alex's brushes lol