jouk45

rotating wfp brush
« on: April 20, 2006, 12:14:42 am »
I  am in the early stage of developing a rotating 12v brush head, now i have tested it on my prototype and it works realy well. even under pressure against the glass it keeps rotating, simular to a car wash brush,one end is completly open so it gets right into corner,simply turn the pole and you get the reverse,so you can do left or right corners. i think this will mostly benifit comercial users 30ft and up. so does anyone think it would be any good, i dont want to waste my time,any feed back would be appreciate thanks jouk45

P @ F

Re: rotating wfp brush
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 09:44:27 am »
Jouk , you crazy scientist , do you actually clean windows !  ;D

If you can get it to go behind the bars on balconys your onto a winner !

I did a first clean on large retirement home yesterday , it took me 2 hours to do the balcony windows alone .

Rich  P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 11:18:10 am »
p@f, yes it its possible to get it under balconys, i could ad an  angle adaptor,  iv not done that yet.   Good idea p@f. I wont go into to much detail of how it works yet,  but its looking good. p@f no one seems to have noticed that i have posted a great product in  lighter and cheaper backpack thread,jouk45

gaza

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 12:50:20 am »
aPROPER FRED IN HIS SHED GUY :JOUK WATER AND ELECTRICITY DONT MIX WITH ALLY POLES EVEN IF ITS ONLY 12V ;) BBUT THE BALCONY PROBLEM  DOES EXCIST
I JUST NORMALLY LET THE WATER RUN DOWN THE GLASS WITHOUT BRUSHING

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Londoner

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 07:35:55 am »
Have you seen that bit in Wallace and Gromit where Gromit is drilling a hole with an electric drill. The drill bit sticks in the hole and suddenly its Gromit thats spinning round at 800 rpm.
I have visions of this happening to me and my WFP.

Actually, I think its a good idea and it would also be good for really bad conservatory roofs that are covered in green algae. Its a slightly different direction to what you are thinking but worth bearing in mind.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 10:43:30 am »
i've managed to get brush through the bars easily just by twisting pole around i have a powerpole with a sill brush and have had no problems doing these type of windows its restrictive but doesn't take very long. :D

jb1975

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 04:16:02 pm »
i was hunting through the posts to see if anyone had already developed such a brushhead.
i think this is a superb idea jo and will reduce most of the rsi strains/injuries meant to be caused by using wfp.

have you or others , also thought of attaching a mirror to the waterfedpole at waist/chest level, angling the mirror to see the brush on the window and work by looking down at the reflection of the brush on the window.

thus removing the neckstrain problems people talk about

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 04:23:02 pm »
I fell over a brick cause I couldnt see where I was going. :)

jouk45

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 05:22:17 pm »
your right chris, it is time for a change, and i am 100% sure the rotary brush is the right direction to go, its been ten weeks now since i started developing it, the first phase is now finished, i am now at the stage  of having the rotary brushes developed, the rotary brush is very powerful, and what i can tell you is this,   its unstopable, yet very light, gazza, in general water does not mix with electricity, i can guarantee not one drop gets near the workings or wires, its 12v powered, ,

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 06:50:04 pm »
Jouk,

That sounds like a great idea and if it works like you describe I'll buy one.

All you have to do is invent a machine to hold the pole and collect from the customers and we'll all have it made  ;D

Alistair

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 07:24:43 pm »
no one seems to have noticed that i have posted a great product in  lighter and cheaper backpack thread,jouk45
Hi Jouk45
Great Idea, do you have a link for the backpack thread.

jeff1

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 09:10:37 pm »
Hi Jouk45

Is the 12v motor in a sealed enclosure, or is the motor a sealed unit? Gaza said about water and elecric don't mix, Just like to ask how he washes his cloths?  ;D ;D

jouk45

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 09:37:45 pm »
 jeff, the motor is in a sealed enclosure, but its designed in such a way that no mosture can make any contact with the electrics or workings,

steve m

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 09:38:32 pm »
if he's like me, ask his wife

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2006, 09:42:18 pm »
jeff, the motor is in a sealed enclosure, but its designed in such a way that no mosture can make any contact with the electrics or workings,
Thanks Jouk45
Silly question I know

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 10:29:16 pm »
hi Jouk, I had a look at your lighter and cheaper backpack..very impressed, I dont know much about WFP as yet but am learning. I guess by the price of your model it would make a great saving if I was to incorporate it into my first wfp setup. I cant afford much atm so the cheaper the better really ;)
Will continue with trad atm but maybe when I go back to work I wont be as confident up the ladder anymore after my recent mishap! so the sooner I can go wfp the better  :D
when I'm cleaning windows

matt

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 10:50:33 pm »
denisholden,. jouk likes to post on the DIY forum

http://d.co.uk

you will find a fair few of his idea;s on it :)

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 10:06:33 am »
And he keeps very quite about his own site, Water Fed Pole Training Academy.

http://jouk45.forumup.co.uk/forum-1-jouk45.html

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 10:46:34 am »
i see ;) ;) shh! lol (your helping him keep it hush hush then m8 yeah lol)
when I'm cleaning windows

RO-Sheen

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 12:40:31 pm »
i was hunting through the posts to see if anyone had already developed such a brushhead.
i think this is a superb idea jo and will reduce most of the rsi strains/injuries meant to be caused by using wfp.

have you or others , also thought of attaching a mirror to the waterfedpole at waist/chest level, angling the mirror to see the brush on the window and work by looking down at the reflection of the brush on the window.

thus removing the neckstrain problems people talk about

Good idea Chris but then you would have to hire a trad window cleaner to clean your mirror for you after every house you do!
Formerly known as GARGAAX