South Window Cleaning Ltd

Van Heaters New
« on: November 13, 2013, 08:23:49 pm »
Van heaters
What do people use if their van is parked in the street and can't run power out ??????

keyser soze

Re: Van Heaters
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 08:39:01 pm »
Van heaters
What do people use if their van is parked in the street and can't run power out ??????

plenty of duvets . wrap it all up

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 08:50:22 pm »
Van heaters

plenty of duvets . wrap it all up

That's what we do now, trying to find a better way ?

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 10:13:29 pm »
If you cant heat your van like me, perhaps you need to use quick release fittings so you can drain your pump at night like me. hoze reel in the house im affraid.
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

keyser soze

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 11:18:59 pm »
there was a post about a heater made up of a few candles in a pot .. if you got the nerve to leave it in your van overnight

Michael Peterson

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 06:48:23 am »
make quick release, thats the best way for yourself

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 09:05:31 pm »
There has to be a better way ?

jarvy

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 09:42:19 pm »
there was a post about a heater made up of a few candles in a pot .. if you got the nerve to leave it in your van overnight
:o :o :o
www.wedgwoodcleaning.co.uk

"If you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid"

Richard Neal

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 09:54:29 pm »
Just leave the engine running
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

Avo

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 09:59:00 pm »
BBQ hot coals  ;D don't no why I'm laughing I'm in the same boat..
Can't one be wired into the van battery?!?!?

ben M

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 10:20:37 pm »

andyM

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 08:53:35 am »
A diesel powered night heater would be a good option if funds allow I suppose.
One of the Plebs

Lee GLS

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 09:30:13 am »
A couple of guys use these, expensive but are supposed to be very good

http://www.jacksonsleisure.com/heating/space-heaters/propex-hs2000-lpg-gas-heater/

I also read somewhere that someone was going to try one of these, but I'm not sure what sort of ventilation they need

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-2kW-Gas-Greenhouse-Heater-Propane-LPG-Eden-Pro-/151161424530

SPE

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 10:38:09 am »
Van heaters
nothing,
as has been said quick release, draining pump and reel and taking them inside overnight is the easiest way, this is what I do.
If like me your van does not have a solid bulkhead then I find that if its really cold then going out to van 20 mins before you are planning to set off with a cuppa and running the engine with dash board heater full pelt will circulate the heat and warm the van up anyhow and you can be refitting the pump and reel whilst this is happening.

I do not have my ro or di van mounted though so have no worries about them freezing up.

H20cleaning

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 11:22:35 am »
I havw just prepared for winter photos will come later.
Basically i bought some brick insulation, one for the roof then on down the middle of my van so im only heating a 1mx1m area instead of the full LWB primastar.
I have a fan heater that automatically turns on at 5am on a morning.
I used them round insulation tubes around my hoses.
And i attached my pump and controller onto a board i can quockly lift out in 1minute for them coldest of nights.
I also have 2 koi carp to go in my tank dowsnt get the water hot just luke warm

windowswashed

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 12:37:01 pm »
Don't see why more people don't fit an indirect twin coil calorifer tank using a hot feed from the van's radiator feed through the calorifier and back into bottom of radiator and make sure you set the thermostat on the calorifier to your desired temperature. Then run a circulation pump to mix it around your WFP tank for the day. Calorifiers with a built in 2/ 1.5 or 1kw electric immersion heater also fitted can be used to quickly heat up set water to a set temperature very quickly if not driving much distance.
Calorifier tanks hold 80% of their heat for up to 24hrs and if you insulate your WFP tank very well you can run this suitably well using hot water with free heat from van's radiator and top up using electric if need be. It works out very cost effective. Only recommendation I would say is don't use Shureflow pumps as they're not robust enough with really hot water. Flojet pumps are noisier but much better with hot water.

I'm really surprised no big companies have got switched on and started producing double skinned, well insulated water storage tanks for WFP use and combined the calorifier method into their tanks. Cheapest heat going even if using electric heater elements as a top up source of heat and safe if fitted safe and allow for pressure relief valve, etc.

PoleKing

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 11:20:55 pm »
Don't see why more people don't fit an indirect twin coil calorifer tank using a hot feed from the van's radiator feed through the calorifier and back into bottom of radiator and make sure you set the thermostat on the calorifier to your desired temperature. Then run a circulation pump to mix it around your WFP tank for the day. Calorifiers with a built in 2/ 1.5 or 1kw electric immersion heater also fitted can be used to quickly heat up set water to a set temperature very quickly if not driving much distance.
Calorifier tanks hold 80% of their heat for up to 24hrs and if you insulate your WFP tank very well you can run this suitably well using hot water with free heat from van's radiator and top up using electric if need be. It works out very cost effective. Only recommendation I would say is don't use Shureflow pumps as they're not robust enough with really hot water. Flojet pumps are noisier but much better with hot water.

I'm really surprised no big companies have got switched on and started producing double skinned, well insulated water storage tanks for WFP use and combined the calorifier method into their tanks. Cheapest heat going even if using electric heater elements as a top up source of heat and safe if fitted safe and allow for pressure relief valve, etc.

I have no clue what all if this means but sounds promising...
Can you break this down into something I may understand?
ATM I just use an oil filled rad. Works but ideally I'd not use mains...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

paul13

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 11:45:01 pm »

I have no clue what all if this means but sounds promising...
Can you break this down into something I may understand?
ATM I just use an oil filled rad. Works but ideally I'd not use mains...
+1

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 11:54:42 pm »
Van heaters
nothing,
as has been said quick release, draining pump and reel and taking them inside overnight is the easiest way, this is what I do.
If like me your van does not have a solid bulkhead then I find that if its really cold then going out to van 20 mins before you are planning to set off with a cuppa and running the engine with dash board heater full pelt will circulate the heat and warm the van up anyhow and you can be refitting the pump and reel whilst this is happening.

I do not have my ro or di van mounted though so have no worries about them freezing up.

snap
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Spruce

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 06:48:53 pm »

Have you done this and does it work? If so what sort of mileage do you do a day?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dannymack

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 07:18:06 pm »
Really long extension lead pmsl !!!

WayneThomas

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 10:23:29 am »
Do like jews do and put a candle in the back of your van.....if it's really cold then light it ;D

philip.parkin@talk21.com

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2013, 10:33:47 am »
Im thinking of using a leisure battery an inverter and one of those 55 watt tube heaters that are for green houses and conservatories.  The heater plugged into mains only costs 2p per day to run. Atm though I'm running an an extension cable to the van with a fan heater but I live in a terrace so its not ideal.

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 08:32:59 pm »
 :)