Alex Gardiner

Re: anyone used these poles
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2013, 07:03:43 pm »
Just my view, but smetimes, for an awkward window where you can't see the botom of it from the ground, a bit of whip enables you to get it without resorting to a stepladder. I am still using a CLX but am just about to invest in a carbon pole. The SLX is such a good deal compared to the competition that it is hard to resist, even with the clamps needing repeatedly regluing. The clamps themselves are excellent now though.

That's the thing with DIY fitting - don't be too hard on yourself  :D
Nor you.  ;)

I reckon Dave stitched me up.

andy east sussex

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2013, 03:19:17 pm »
what would be a great idea I think if these big pole company's could do part exchange deals so cleaners if they want to upgrade their poles they can by exchanging their poles in for newer ones :)

andy east sussex

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 01:28:30 pm »
:) :) :)

8weekly

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 03:11:16 pm »
what would be a great idea I think if these big pole company's could do part exchange deals so cleaners if they want to upgrade their poles they can by exchanging their poles in for newer ones :)
Go further... they should just give them away.  :D What say you, Alex?

andy east sussex

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2013, 04:16:43 pm »
na but a px deal would really help cleaners improve their gear

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 05:14:34 pm »

Actually what is far more profitable for window cleaners is to sell their old Gardiner gear on eBay and then buy new. The amount that we could offer for part-exchange stuff would be very, very little, once condition, collection and re-sale costs were taken into account. Whereas the second hand poles that clients sell on eBay often get nearly new prices.

PoleKing

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 06:22:29 pm »
What is a harris pole may I ask?

It's a pole that painters use to put a roller on to paint the ceiling.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.