« on: July 26, 2013, 10:31:28 am »

MWC

Re: anyone used these poles
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 10:41:35 am »
Wait for it..........

concept

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:43:05 am »
Have you seen the collapsed height and the weight.

Invest in yourself, and buy the best you can, not the cheapest.

Don't even need to tell you where to look...

formb

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:52:14 am »
EDIT - I just realised that that is a 36ft pole. I have one of those and rarely use it. 36ft is too high for an aluminium pole. Too bendy, too heavy.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 10:58:08 am »
Heavy junk. Don`t bother.

deeege

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 10:59:57 am »
I have one in the garage, literally used only once. Open to sensible offers :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

jimiwindows

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 11:05:32 am »
Have you seen the collapsed height and the weight.

Invest in yourself, and buy the best you can, not the cheapest.

Don't even need to tell you where to look...

+1

andy east sussex

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 11:41:08 am »
ahh thankl you guys will leave it well alone just don't want to spend hunderds on a pole as we are only just starting out with the window cleaning side

Knocker

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 12:05:07 pm »
I have a brand new never neen used, Brodex 30ft Alloy pole if anyone wants to make an offer?

andy east sussex

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 02:12:20 pm »
can someone point us in right direction for poles as we don't want to start out buying carbon poles until we have built a round atleast

bobplum

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 02:22:36 pm »
can someone point us in right direction for poles as we don't want to start out buying carbon poles until we have built a round atleast

could be false economy that
Buy the lightest best pole you can,probably an extreme from gardiners,25ft it will make life so much better

Michael Peterson

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 04:18:25 pm »
as bob said in this industry dont go cheap on a pole, you will be slow and tired, work fast and easy with a good light pole (gardiners pheonix or even x-line) earn more and dont be wrecked 2 days in. whould you started a gardning business with a flymow ?

andy east sussex

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 04:29:00 pm »
how about a grafter 28ft pole ? or still not to good

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 05:32:13 pm »

andy east sussex

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 06:11:45 pm »
clx or slx then ? I know you guys will say slx rather than the clx but why

Michael Peterson

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 06:19:19 pm »
Gardnier poles are teh best you can get, if you want around 30 ft a slx will be great for you , the xtreeme are ht ebest on the market but the slx is easily good enough at that hight, light , rigid

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 06:27:20 pm »
I use a CLX 27 all day every day, and have no issues what so ever. Yes, the SLX might be lighter but unless you have arms and shoulders the same size as your gran then you will be just fine. Including the brush I paid about £230 (i think) and it has paid for its self 400 times over with how much quicker we now work.

Thats my advice

simonr

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 06:29:18 pm »
for the money clx27 is a great buy, mine is used all day every day & its over 2yr old, i know people will say go slx but unless your julian clary the clx is dead light  ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2013, 06:38:01 pm »
I've just got an slx 22 and I added £3 extra onto my hourly rate straight away.
Its not lighter than my old Harris but its stiffer and easier to use and has a shorter closed length.
Its not all about weight. ;D

deeege

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2013, 06:43:28 pm »
I have both a SLX and CLX. Yes the SLX is lighter and more rigid but I still rate the CLX just as highly. As James said, unless you are 8 stone wet through the CLX is a perfectly fine everyday pole!
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

home6442

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 06:49:14 pm »
Same as above rubbish pole used once.
If starting up and don't want to spend a fortune a harris pole will do to get going
then upgrade to a carbon when the money starts coming in.
£17 in B+Q and you will find videos on youtube which will show you how to make it into
a water fed pole.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 06:56:15 pm »
What is a harris pole may I ask?

roundbuilder

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 07:01:51 pm »
Clx 27 is a poor pole, if anything like the clx22 it will bend like christian and sieed in eastenders, a harris pole will be the best to get you out of jail untill you get an slx which is a must have pole.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 07:04:00 pm »
Clx 27 is a poor pole, if anything like the clx22 it will bend like christian and sieed in eastenders, a harris pole will be the best to get you out of jail untill you get an slx which is a must have pole.

Your talking rubbish Mick.

Me and Deege have just said how we use a 27 all day every day with no problems what so ever, yet your piping up and saying were
wrong, even tho you dont own this pole??

Have a word mate

roundbuilder

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 07:14:38 pm »

Your talking rubbish Mick.

Me and Deege have just said how we use a 27 all day every day with no problems what so ever, yet your piping up and saying were
wrong, even tho you dont own this pole??

Have a word mate
I didnt say you was wrong so wind your kneck in before it bends like a clx!.
I said they bend too much, i have clx22 slx25 slx18 and a pheonix pro22 and a few harris poles from ages ago as spares so am entitled to my opiniun am i not?? and out of them all the clx is by far the worst for flex in a pole as it bends too much at full stretch for my liking.

simonr

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 07:29:29 pm »
yep thats just your opinion, but there's 3 on here just now that think your wrong ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 07:37:20 pm »
What im wrong to say a clx bends more than an slx and pheonix pro and a harris?
I dont know how im wrong but as there are 3 of you saying it then i must be!.  :-*
before you spit your dummy out im comparing them at full extension and all at full extension!.

simonr

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 07:42:00 pm »
good its agreed then  ;D

deeege

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2013, 07:47:20 pm »
My CLX is 22ft not 27ft. Yes it bends more than the SLX but I actually like a bit of flex. Like I said, if you weigh more than 8 stone then a CLX will be just fine for somebody new to window cleaning.

roundbuilder

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 08:03:20 pm »
My CLX is 22ft not 27ft. Yes it bends more than the SLX but I actually like a bit of flex. Like I said, if you weigh more than 8 stone then a CLX will be just fine for somebody new to window cleaning.
Thats what i have the clx22. Although i dont use it apart from testing it on my own house where i wsnt impressed with it, my employee does use it daily and he says its crap compared to the slx he was using before.
Even My old cheap as chips harris had less flex than the clx i bought.

ray mck

« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2013, 08:43:22 pm »
i used my clx27 for 3 day this week most of the time at full height kept catching on the gutters and bends  bad ,also iam bloody tired. need to get a new pole soon. slx?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2013, 08:55:34 pm »
clx or slx then ? I know you guys will say slx rather than the clx but why

CLX is fine if you need to save some money on the outlay.  A 27 ft will be fine for nearly everything though it can be bendy at awkward angles.  I recently bought a 27 and an 18 as the 18 will do most of my work.

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2013, 09:25:23 pm »
Any Gardener pole will be better than any other pole, even there cheapest gardener pole will be great.    Don't try to reinvent the wheel.

wpclean

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2013, 10:13:22 pm »
Unlike most of the girly, weak shouldered posters on here, I have used one, and can honestly say that if you are struggling for money, then beg steal, or borrow to buy a Gardiners smax . . . . do not attempt to buy a Brodex as it will cause you serious muscle tissue damage !

Positivity

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2013, 08:08:17 am »
I have both a SLX and CLX. Yes the SLX is lighter and more rigid but I still rate the CLX just as highly. As James said, unless you are 8 stone wet through the CLX is a perfectly fine everyday pole!
Agree wholeheartedly!!! SLX great but the CLX is easier and smoother to extend much less friction and resistance.
I use a CLX 22 and it covers almost all the work I do even 3 storey town houses. The SLX 25 only gets used couple of times a week I find it too long collapsed, heavy and cumbersome for everyday use.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2013, 08:30:48 am »
For someone starting out in wfp window cleaning the 22 clx would be fine.its a great budget pole.although it bends quite a lot at full stretch over connys/extensions.

I disagree with deeege.the more rigid a pole the easier it is to scrub with less effort.

When you get to the point where your wfpoling day in/day out 90% of the time with lots of larger jobs and windows over extensions/connys it pays to get a full carbon pole IMO for ease of use.

Regards

Dazmond
price higher/work harder!

MWC

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2013, 11:09:06 am »
Defo get a carbon, even if you spend £300/400 on a 22/25ft and things don't work out, second hand gardiner poles will always sell for max return. Buy a crap pole and you will like others are saying, just wasting money and probably get no resale value.

8weekly

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2013, 06:35:11 pm »
Just my view, but smetimes, for an awkward window where you can't see the botom of it from the ground, a bit of whip enables you to get it without resorting to a stepladder. I am still using a CLX but am just about to invest in a carbon pole. The SLX is such a good deal compared to the competition that it is hard to resist, even with the clamps needing repeatedly regluing. The clamps themselves are excellent now though.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2013, 06:36:35 pm »
Just my view, but smetimes, for an awkward window where you can't see the botom of it from the ground, a bit of whip enables you to get it without resorting to a stepladder. I am still using a CLX but am just about to invest in a carbon pole. The SLX is such a good deal compared to the competition that it is hard to resist, even with the clamps needing repeatedly regluing. The clamps themselves are excellent now though.

That's the thing with DIY fitting - don't be too hard on yourself  :D

8weekly

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2013, 07:01:48 pm »

Nor you.  ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2013, 07:03:43 pm »

Nor you.  ;)

I reckon Dave stitched me up.

andy east sussex

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2013, 03:19:17 pm »
what would be a great idea I think if these big pole company's could do part exchange deals so cleaners if they want to upgrade their poles they can by exchanging their poles in for newer ones :)

andy east sussex

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 01:28:30 pm »
:) :) :)

8weekly

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 03:11:16 pm »
what would be a great idea I think if these big pole company's could do part exchange deals so cleaners if they want to upgrade their poles they can by exchanging their poles in for newer ones :)
Go further... they should just give them away.  :D What say you, Alex?

andy east sussex

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2013, 04:16:43 pm »
na but a px deal would really help cleaners improve their gear

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2013, 05:14:34 pm »

Actually what is far more profitable for window cleaners is to sell their old Gardiner gear on eBay and then buy new. The amount that we could offer for part-exchange stuff would be very, very little, once condition, collection and re-sale costs were taken into account. Whereas the second hand poles that clients sell on eBay often get nearly new prices.

PoleKing

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2013, 06:22:29 pm »
What is a harris pole may I ask?

It's a pole that painters use to put a roller on to paint the ceiling.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.