Paul Clapham

How many cleans a day.....
« on: March 12, 2013, 06:17:16 pm »
How many cleans a day on average / rough guide (ish) a day do you do with WFP systems , I know different size house etc will make a difference, so lets say 3 bed semi detached all within a 1/2 mile of each other, over about 6 hours, is it possible to do 10 ?

Just trying to get a guide for my plan.

many thanks .

Paul.
This is the season for fine wine, and drunken friends, enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life.

Michael Peterson

Re: How many cleans a day.....
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:18:11 pm »
its possible to do up to 30

davids3511

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:24:04 pm »
More likely about 15-18.

toronto

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:25:57 pm »
I average over 40 in 6 hours but my round is very compact but individual houses within half a mile of each other I would anticipate no less than 20 - 25 over 6 hours

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 06:27:27 pm »
How many cleans a day on average / rough guide (ish) a day do you do with WFP systems , I know different size house etc will make a difference, so lets say 3 bed semi detached all within a 1/2 mile of each other, over about 6 hours, is it possible to do 10 ?

many thanks .

Paul.

with no locked gates or messing about easy do 10 in that time ... prob more like 15 / 18 however trying to get these 15 / 18 jobs all in a 1/2 mile radius is the hard part  ;D

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 06:29:27 pm »
If you have no experiance with WFP, i can assure you that you wont be hitting the amount of houses that these geezers are suggesting.

windiewasher

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 06:30:07 pm »
20 plus.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

lozsing

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 06:39:47 pm »
3 per hour

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 06:42:29 pm »

many thanks .

Paul.

how new are you to window cleaning ?

bobplum

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 06:54:17 pm »
3/4 an hour,probably more like 3 so on average 18....................unless you richard at isparkle then 30 a day..........its all down to technique

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 06:54:58 pm »
i did 28 houses in just over 5 hours "on the glass" time today.im on a very compact estate of work.mostly smallish 3 bed semis some with connys and extensions.a few were front only.

so around 5 an hour including frames,sills and doors.working with a mega high flow helps and these are monthly maintenance cleans. ;) :) :)

i used around 300L .some ground floor windows were cleaned with a squeegee though.van mount with 100m of microbore.no trolleys or backpacks!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

i have been wfp for nearly 3 years now so up to speed.all houses were cleaned using a 22 SLX with carbon gooseneck and extreme brush. ;) :) :)

regards

price higher/work harder!

mark dew

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2013, 07:00:43 pm »
If you have no experiance with WFP, i can assure you that you wont be hitting the amount of houses that these geezers are suggesting.

I agree with that.
Concentrate on getting the job done right 1st and the speed will come automatically. If you go for speed 1st you will take twice as long to achieve those numbers.

Yes you should do 10 in the beginning, fairly easily.

TomCrowther

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2013, 07:01:04 pm »
Some going that Dazmond. One house every 10 minutes...Takes me 10 minutes to get out the van sometimes.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2013, 07:15:09 pm »
yes tom these houses are really easy and hardly dirty.all monthly cleans and nearly all are right next door to each other!i have another 2 days work on there tomorrow and thursday where i will get a similar amount cleaned.

2 or 3 van moves all day.15 mins drive from home.then a few biggish commercial jobs on friday and a bit of local domestics for sat morning!

i can clean some of these houses in 8-10 mins fairly comfortably and still do a top job. ;) ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2013, 07:18:52 pm »
i worked from 1030am-430pm with half an hour for lunch and around 15 mins chatting to customers and having a coffee!!still managed 28 houses.thats the beauty of WFP!!love it!! :D :D :D :D

MWC

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 07:39:01 pm »
i worked from 1030am-430pm with half an hour for lunch and around 15 mins chatting to customers and having a coffee!!still managed 28 houses.thats the beauty of WFP!!love it!! :D :D :D :D

Change your name to Turbomond!!!

home6442

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 07:39:41 pm »
Dazmond, how do you clean the doors and still get them numbers ?
I also clean doors but cant use wfp as they leak through the letter
box.
Cleaning them with a damp cloth slows me down.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 07:53:57 pm »
john if its a newish upvc door it takes me literally 10-15 SECONDS TO CLEAN WITH WFP!including giving the step a wipe with brush.because they get cleaned with wfp every month its easy peesy.

some wooden doors and ones i know leak then its a quick wipe down with a damp microfibre. ;) :) :)

home6442

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 07:57:43 pm »
Cheers Dazmond.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 08:35:30 pm »

many thanks .

Paul.

I'm assuming you're starting cold with new customers.

Plan on 4 a day at the start.  Lots of slow first cleans.  2 a day for the first two days - you'll be astounded how knackered you get.

Four months in, count on being up to speed.  15 a day will be a nice, steady pace, even with a drive between most jobs.

Vin

keyser soze

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 08:38:15 pm »
I average over 40 in 6 hours but my round is very compact but individual houses within half a mile of each other I would anticipate no less than 20 - 25 over 6 hours

olympic champ..... thats around 7 an hr.... impressive

toronto

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 08:46:33 pm »
I use hot water on with a clx 27 with xtreme wide brush and 4 jets ( half size pencil ) use between 4 and 600 litres of water on a nice high flow 100 meters of microbore. monthly maintenance cleans are a doddle. Today I got through 23 3-4 bed detatched some with conservatorys all doors cleaned and a self contained old people's community (35 flats 3 story + internal communal areas)
I started at 9 finished at 3.15 didn't stop for lunch had a few cigarettes between jobs.
I have been wfp for 4 years but I still surprise myself how much work I can achieve in a day and get good results.
the guys are right speed will come along with faith in wfp.
When I first started wfp was a nightmare worrying about customers technique using loads of water etc etc but the problems go and the benefits stay.

toronto

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 08:48:00 pm »
oh forgot to mention you need to be fit and motivated to keep going at that rate

SB Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 08:49:18 pm »

How ???

davids3511

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 08:53:58 pm »
Dazmond, how do you clean the doors and still get them numbers ?
I also clean doors but cant use wfp as they leak through the letter
box.
Cleaning them with a damp cloth slows me down.
Stuff a clean dry microfibre in the letterbox and wash away.

keyser soze

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 08:57:32 pm »

How ???

how what?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 09:30:05 pm »
1 today and had a bloody good pay day :P

roundbuilder

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 09:53:35 pm »
Between 20-30 mainly fronts if averagly compact over 6-8 hours.

CleanClear

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 10:49:50 pm »

many thanks .

Paul.

Yes it should be possible to do 10, given the background you suggest. To go further...how many cleans a day average /rough guide ?well its impossible to say without knowing the travelling distances if any between cleans. i.e 3 in an hour may be easily do able if they're neighbours, 3 in two hours might be the norm if your're travelling inbetween them.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

lozsing

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 11:22:08 pm »
the secret is preparation, when I knew I was swapping over to wfp the clean before the swap I wiped down all the air vents above any windows which made it easier when doing the first clean wfp.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 09:32:22 am »
i might not get as many cleaned today as girlfriend kept me up late last night!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ill probably get 20-25 done with a big cheesy grin on my face once ive had another coffee! ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 09:38:17 am »
by the way its not how many you clean a day but how much you earn over the course of the day.

on some other work i earn more in a day just cleaning say 7-10 large domestic stand alones.it just depends on what type of work i have scheduled in for that day.other days i can hit a good day rate in 3 hours on commercial jobs etc.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 09:44:09 am »
So true; I have one job booked in for later this week but it's a big office block that will earn me a day's pay all by itself. No moving, plenty of coffee; the biggest problem can be bordom  :-\
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Paul Clapham

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 09:53:14 am »
Thanks for all your info chaps, very helpful, I am off to the cleaning show next week to have a look at a "starter set up"

As I run a carpet cleaning business this is just going to be an "add on service " as and when , and may build up to a "one day a week round"  or for something for my son to build up during this  summer when he finishes Uni, and for me to take up when he gets the work/job he really wants to do. 

cheers

Paul.
This is the season for fine wine, and drunken friends, enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life.

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 09:57:03 am »
sounds good to me miscontractcleaner!DONT KNOCK IT!!we are very lucky to have work to clean!lots of guys out there would love to have some of the work we have built up over the years! ;) :) :)

best wishes

roundbuilder

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 10:18:01 am »
sounds good to me miscontractcleaner!DONT KNOCK IT!!we are very lucky to have work to clean!lots of guys out there would love to have some of the work we have built up over the years! ;) :) :)

best wishes
They can if they get off there arse and start canvassing instead of waiting for the phone to ring from leaflets!.

gary999

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 10:22:50 am »
price correctly and you shouldnt have to clean more than 10-15
a day to get a nice income and have a relatively easy life :)

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 10:23:29 am »
haha!your right mick!i used to canvass nearly every weekend sat and sun and most evenings during the week when i started.i still do from time to time but tend to rely on word of mouth and recommendation these days.

roundbuilder

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 10:29:11 am »
Hardly any of my competition canvasses round my way and they all leaflet drop helping me out more than them im guessing as i pick up loads from it, just let the customers believe they were posted by me. Just waiting on a few locals to post on here when they leaflet drop next and ill be out in force hitting it ...  ;D.

davids3511

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 12:12:16 pm »
i might not get as many cleaned today as girlfriend kept me up late last night!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ill probably get 20-25 done with a big cheesy grin on my face once ive had another coffee! ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes

dazmond
You'll be alright Daz, 2 mins less sleep won't affect u too much :P

Cliff perkins

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 03:06:41 pm »
What holds me up is the customers.
Some off them chat for england and i dont want to be rude to them and say i have to go.
Its nice to chat really but it does hold me back alot.
 ;D
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 05:38:39 pm »
late start today 11am-4pm.half hour for lunch again and around 15 mins chatting and a coffee so just over 4 hours "on the glass" time.cleaned 23 houses most of em front and back and some with connys.a couple were front only though.

again all were cleaned using my 22 SLX with extreme brush and some ground floor windows were tradded.mega high flow approx 300L used.3 van moves.

ive got 20 jobs left on this very compact estate work to be cleaned tomorrow.

happy days! ;) ;D ;D

Cliff perkins

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 06:52:06 pm »
Goodluck dazz

I cant work thur fri as got van trouble.

Means i gotta work sat/sun.

I hate working weekends  :-[
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 07:23:48 pm »
whats wrong with your van cliff?is it a VW transporter?i bet that cost a few quid to buy? ??? ???

my 13 year old kangoo has just flown through the MOT.i only use it for work though as i have a car for leisure and only drive around 2500 miles a year in it.

best wishes

dazmond

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2013, 05:06:28 pm »
930am-3pm today.21 jobs cleaned.half hour for lunch again so 5 hours "on the glass" time.one job was a first clean for new owners.i last cleaned them nearly 3 years ago so they were minging!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2 biggish commercial jobs tomorrow morning then a few hours of local domestic work on sat morning then sunday off before a busy week next week.

ive got £1100 worth of maintenance cleans to get through next week as loads of good paying jobs due! :D :D :D happy days!! ;D ;D ;D

Darren H

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 10:11:14 pm »
23 houses in 4 hours your ever pulling some legs or i am spending far to much time doing each property if thats for real i need to speed up.   

home6442

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 10:32:25 pm »
Darren,
What you dont realise is that a wfp is a magic wand but it only works
if you know the magic words.
So if you want to do 23 houses in 4 hours just point your magic wand at the
first window and say.
I dont give a stuff about quality.
If you want more than 23 theres a four letter swear word that works better than stuff. ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 09:09:36 am »
darren H im very organised and was working on a very compact estate of smallish 3 bed semis that ive been cleaning monthly for over 15 years.nearly 3 years with WFP.

I certainly dont tell porkys.what would be the point in that?i do a good job as well including frames,sills and doors every clean.the windows were virtually clean to start with!! ;) ;D

it does feel like a magic wand as i could never hit these numbers on ladders alone!! ;D ;D

easy clean

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 10:02:09 am »
It don't matter how many houses you do it's the value of work you've done at the end of the day that your really interested in! If I don't tell you someone else will or probably already has, you should easily earn 200+ and when your up to speed and got a good round 270-300. This industry is ruined now anyway, so many people on the band wagon now it's a joke! Wish I kept canvassing how I did in the beginning 9 years ago

roundbuilder

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2013, 10:47:13 am »
It don't matter how many houses you do it's the value of work you've done at the end of the day that your really interested in! If I don't tell you someone else will or probably already has, you should easily earn 200+ and when your up to speed and got a good round 270-300. This industry is ruined now anyway, so many people on the band wagon now it's a joke! Wish I kept canvassing how I did in the beginning 9 years ago
Some flash cu&t in a flash red car with a horse on the front drove past me the other week over in summerhouse drive....wonder who it was. ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2013, 10:49:08 am »
I told you what to do mate, im all the way hitting catford now but results have been soo much better than local. I did upper belvedere last night and only got 3 between 2 of us.... And 1 of those was a 1 off from a curry eater.

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 01:32:05 pm »
easy clean what do you mean the window cleaning industry is ruined? ??? ???

do you mean your not picking up work like you used to due to too many window cleaners in your area or is it that you ve stopped canvassing and leafleting? ??? ???

easy clean

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 01:39:24 pm »
Too many cleaners, I was prob the first to introduce it in domestics around my area and everybody loved it cos it was new and they'd all talk about it so work came easily, now you see a new van on the road every other week! It's easy, invest 10k, go out knocking non stop then go cleaning and earn 30-40 pound an hour, not many jobs like that about!

easy clean

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 01:41:46 pm »
Even I'm looking for the next thing to do and I've got over 1600 customers

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2013, 01:49:20 pm »
1600 customers!and your still not happy!!i dont understand!!you must be earning well! ;D ;D

why are you looking for something else?are you sick of window cleaning? ;D ;D

easy clean

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2013, 02:01:07 pm »
Yeah but with a lot of customers comes a lot of hassle

ascjim

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2013, 03:10:29 pm »
I normally do around 10 - 15 a day. As long as i get a min of £150.00 in 7 hours im happy.