R.C Property

Re: Payload Question
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:03 pm »
Never have full tank, unless I'm driving to parents house, only put in £10 at a time,saves on weight! It lasts me 2-3 days so not bad, plus got garage just down the road.
But this post is not about you,the OP asked what size of tank people would recommend for his van,you recommended a 400 litre tank which in most cases(apart from you because you only put ladders on when tank is empty or you only put a tenner o diesel in at a time,and the 2nd man in the van is built like Lester Piggot etc etc)will be overweight,so you gave bad advice IMO
the post isnt about me no, but im answering all the people that say about the weight issue,
as i have said i loaded my van up and took it to a publicweight bridge that the police use also to check weights and mine was fine and passed with not being over weight.
plus i never give out bad advise, especially when it comes to safety and law!

plus i would like to know where i have put that i have a second man work with me?? i might have a 2 person set up but i work on my own and only had one person help me for one day back in march last year!

Ian101

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 11:51:58 pm »
i know someone who has a combo which is 605kg payload goes 2 up with a 500 litre tank it does sit a little low when full though  ;)

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 12:08:13 am »
Never have full tank, unless I'm driving to parents house, only put in £10 at a time,saves on weight! It lasts me 2-3 days so not bad, plus got garage just down the road.
But this post is not about you,the OP asked what size of tank people would recommend for his van,you recommended a 400 litre tank which in most cases(apart from you because you only put ladders on when tank is empty or you only put a tenner o diesel in at a time,and the 2nd man in the van is built like Lester Piggot etc etc)will be overweight,so you gave bad advice IMO
the post isnt about me no, but im answering all the people that say about the weight issue,
as i have said i loaded my van up and took it to a publicweight bridge that the police use also to check weights and mine was fine and passed with not being over weight.

plus i would like to know where i have put that i have a second man work with me?? i might have a 2 person set up but i work on my own and only had one person help me for one day back in march last year!
I was kidding about the 2nd man :P  But now you have mentioned it,you might want to check back your posts,No 155 in particular,says you do blocks of flats, and you have got the time down to four hours with............wait for it.............TWO men ;D ;D

R.C Property

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 12:20:16 am »

I was kidding about the 2nd man :P  But now you have mentioned it,you might want to check back your posts,No 155 in particular,says you do blocks of flats, and you have got the time down to four hours with............wait for it.............TWO men ;D ;D

u been sad enough to read everything i have posted then?? lol
i have a friend that comes to help me that has his own window cleaning van, thats why we can do it 4 hours, him one side of the complex and me the other! lol

KS Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 12:35:36 am »

I was kidding about the 2nd man :P  But now you have mentioned it,you might want to check back your posts,No 155 in particular,says you do blocks of flats, and you have got the time down to four hours with............wait for it.............TWO men ;D ;D

i have a friend that comes to help me that has his own window cleaning van, thats why we can do it 4 hours, him one side of the complex and me the other! lol
I just remembered you had posted recently about doin blocks of flats and there were TWO of you that's all ;)

But I suppose I must be a little sad.....Try 253,says TWO men working from YOUR van! lol ;D ;D ;D ;D  
My advice to you would be..Keep it real and you won't trip yourself up ;)

R.C Property

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 12:40:24 am »

I just remembered you had posted recently about doin blocks of flats and there were TWO of you that's all ;)

But I suppose I must be a little sad.....Try 253,says TWO men working from YOUR van! lol ;D ;D ;D ;D   
My advice to you would be..Keep it real and you won't trip yourself up ;)
Thing is you keep tripping yourself up.Keep it real ;)

post 253 dont say anything about 2 working from my van! back in march last year i had one guy work with me for one day thats tho only time i have had 2 men work from my van

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 12:47:49 am »
Tut Tut,read it slowly it clearly says "I have TWO men working from my van AT TIMES"  PLURAL

R.C Property

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 01:01:19 am »
Tut Tut,read it slowly it clearly says "I have TWO men working from my van AT TIMES"  PLURAL

still dont mean a thing.

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 06:18:57 am »
And hole gets deeper.I know you want to be helpful.You will make yourself unpopular trying to hard Mate.
Try not to put yourself in the forefront of every discussion it will only leed to rejection by this forum. I mean this in the best way possible. ;) ;) ;)

R.C Property

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 07:42:15 am »
And hole gets deeper.I know you want to be helpful.You will make yourself unpopular trying to hard Mate.
Try not to put yourself in the forefront of every discussion it will only leed to rejection by this forum. I mean this in the best way possible. ;) ;) ;)

Thing is I'm not trying to hard, just sharing my knowledge etc with everyone, and when someone attacks it i'll answer it,

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 01:31:12 pm »
Carry on you will soon learn.Not every thing you say is fact some times others know better.Bashing away at every subject will only create the situation were every one gives you a wide birth. I know been there done that,and I am still learning.

EandM

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 01:47:26 pm »
Would depend on the weight of the 2 men.
400 lts water = 400kg
2  13 stone men =165kg
Thats 35 kg for everything else.

Remember that an empty 400 litre tank weighs about 25kg

R.C Property

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 01:49:02 pm »
Carry on you will soon learn.Not every thing you say is fact some times others know better.Bashing away at every subject will only create the situation were every one gives you a wide birth. I know been there done that,and I am still learning.

thanks for your concern and advise,
but as far as i know with alot of the stuff i have said in pasted like anything to do with electric, gas, pumbing it spot on as i've worked in this and still do for the past 15 years, thats the other side of my company and have to keep upto date with them,
as for other stuff, i know everyone has there own way of doing it. i say how i do it and everyone else says its rubbish or start attacking it, like on this post, just saying what van i have and that i have had it checked at a weightbridge that the police use and it passed without a problem,

KS Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 08:14:28 pm »

still dont mean a thing.
What it does mean is that you have been telling porkies :-*

R.C Property

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 08:17:22 pm »
Tut Tut,read it slowly it clearly says "I have TWO men working from my van AT TIMES"  PLURAL

still dont mean a thing.
What it does mean is that you have been telling porkies :-*

Not at all.  
Anyway end of as this isn't the place for this

KS Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 08:58:49 pm »
You are right Richard,no hard feelings eh! actually I find a lot of your posts interesting and informative,you are quite clearly a bit of a handyman,which I defo am not :-[

R.C Property

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 09:06:28 pm »
You are right Richard,no hard feelings eh! actually I find a lot of your posts interesting and informative,you are quite clearly a bit of a handyman,which I defo am not :-[

Hard feelings? What are they? Lol like banter at times makes things more interesting.
Thanks, yer dads been in the building trade for about 40years so picked up alot, plus for the past 15 years been in the trade too, only in the last 2years decided to expand into window cleaning too.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2013, 12:02:12 am »
Why dont you two put your hand bags down and have a proper old scrap?

EandM

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2013, 12:28:03 am »

Have to wait 'till dawn  ;D

R.C Property

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2013, 07:27:51 am »

Lol