Sarah Sarill

BACS Payment Letter
« on: January 29, 2006, 02:58:14 pm »
Does anyone have a letter used to request payment for commercial w/c via the BACS system.

Our largest school contract via a local authority has recently started to pay us this way and want to get all my other commercial customers to pay this way too.

Not only does it save any waiting period, trips to the bank etc it will save us several hundred pounds a year in 'Cheques paid in' charges from the bank.  >:(

I will, of course post a copy in the documents to download section when its done so we can all benefit.

Thanks,

Sarah
Sarah

steve k

Re: BACS Payment Letter
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 03:16:11 pm »
I have just a normal bank account in my name...on any invoices, the cheques are made payable to my name.
There are no charges at all.
I also know that you can have a normal current account with a cheque book in the name of "Joe Bloggs trading as Portholes Window Cleaning"....

obviously in your name... ;) ;D :o

steve k

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 03:38:19 pm »

gaza

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 04:20:54 pm »
Im payed by BACS by a big company,all Ihad to do was invoice them in the normal way including your bank details ,let them set up an account for you wait 31 days and it appears in your bank.They then send you a payment invoice.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Ian Rochester

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 06:42:06 pm »
This is what we put at the bottom of all our invoices:

Payment Terms: 14 days from date of invoice

If paying by BACS:

Bank Details

Account Name   ABC Cleaning
Bank      Barclays Bank
Sort Code      XX-XX-XX
Account No   XXXXXXXX

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 10:57:22 am »
I used to pay BACS (Bank Automated Credits) in my old job.

All you need to provide is

Your account name
Your Account Sort-code
Your Account number

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You could word your invoice to the effect of:

Our preferred method of receiveing payment is by BACs payment, however if you do not have this facility please post a cheque within 14 days made payable to 'Condom Window Cleaning (We only come once)' and return it to us at the above address.