richard connett

Connectors !!
« on: February 27, 2021, 07:25:03 am »
I’ve always used hozelock or claber 1/2 inch aqua stop plastic connectors on my van port to connect reel to van.
What are other people using on here as I’ve had enough of them leaking and generally being a pain in the arse
Thanks in advance and enjoy your beers in the garden this weekend !!!

dazmond

Re: Connectors !!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 09:42:52 am »
I use a metal rectus 26 fitting  into my hot water system and a brass half inch barb on the side of my reel...never had a leak in years...I do use a PF reelmaster though which comes with a brass high pressure rotary joint on the side as standard....

I didnt know window cleaners still used plastic connectors in their vans....
price higher/work harder!

richard connett

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 11:44:53 am »
The plastic ones came with the set up and I’ve just replaced when needed. I think your different to me where you keep the reel fixed inside the van.  I’m sure recurs fittings are the best in this case . My fittings are on a van port and get connected and disconnected all day .  I’ll try rectus and see how I get on , cheers dazmond

windowswashed

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 08:46:24 pm »
NITO fittings are good

jk999

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 05:33:20 pm »
I started using rectus  fittings about 7 years ago never really had that much bother with them all depends on how long you want them to last if I get 6 months out of 1 I'm happy but normally get a lot longer than that