Window Cleaner

Size of Flyers
« on: June 05, 2005, 03:02:18 pm »
Hi guys,

i would like to know what you all think the best size is for a window cleaning flyer?

Many thanks
Regards
Rog!
Crystal Clear Window Cleaning
A Business Bult on Recomendation

williamx

Re: Size of Flyers
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 04:26:38 pm »
A5

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 04:09:47 pm »
Yep. A5

ken dickinson

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 09:40:30 pm »
sorry chaps
but I use A4

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 03:25:30 pm »
sorry chaps
but I use A4

I've tried both A4 and A5 at different times.  I've not noticed any difference in the response rate though as all areas are different so it's hard to tell.  What I did find though was that all that folding to fit an A4 through ther letter box was a hassle.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 06:19:44 pm »
I have to agree with The Shiner. 

I've used both A4 and A5 and the only difference I found was that the A5 are easier to fold to get through a letter box.

They're less expensive too.  A5 is exactly half the size of an A4 sheet of paper; therefore just print (or stick) two A5 flyers onto an A4 sheet and take them to whoever is going to copy them.

They're easily cut (normally by the photocopying company), but if it's a friend photocopying them 'on the side' at work; just purchase a guilotine and cut them neatly.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 10:04:11 pm »
I have to agree with The Shiner. 

I've used both A4 and A5 and the only difference I found was that the A5 are easier to fold to get through a letter box.

They're less expensive too.  A5 is exactly half the size of an A4 sheet of paper; therefore just print (or stick) two A5 flyers onto an A4 sheet and take them to whoever is going to copy them.

They're easily cut (normally by the photocopying company), but if it's a friend photocopying them 'on the side' at work; just purchase a guilotine and cut them neatly.

I tend to print my own on a laser printer.  I do 2-up on an A4 sheet and guillotine them. I avoid inkjet as (1) it's more expensive (2) the ink can run if it gets wet.
I have my ad on one side and my T & Cs explaining how I work on the other.  I print them in one go as my printer does duplex.

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 10:51:01 pm »
I tend to print my own on a laser printer
I was looking at these today in staples as i want to get a new printer.
I have always used inkjets as i thought the laser one cost a lot more to run.
Looks like i might get a laser one after all after seeing this post.
Just have to see if they do an all in one laser printer.

Paul

nl window cleaners

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 01:34:37 am »
Can anyone help me get good quality supplies out to spain eg scrim ,squeegees,applicators

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 08:36:33 am »
I tend to print my own on a laser printer
I was looking at these today in staples as i want to get a new printer.
I have always used inkjets as i thought the laser one cost a lot more to run.
Looks like i might get a laser one after all after seeing this post.
Just have to see if they do an all in one laser printer.

Paul

My understanding is that laser printers cost more to buy but that they are cheaper to run.  When a toner cartridge runs out, it generally costs a lot more to replace than an inkjet cartridge.  However, the pages per pound is higher than inkjet.

ken dickinson

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 11:08:47 am »
nl
try
www.wintecs.co.uk
i believe they do and dont charge a lot for postage
or have a word with vince cobbold

Majestic

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 05:28:01 pm »
Vince has been banned from this site if you need to pm him you will have to visit another forum ( this 1 wont let me name the other forum but you know which 1 it is ) pros

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 11:50:28 pm »
It depends what you want the flyer to do. If you want it to take 100 passengers to New York in three hours - well Concorde has sadly had it's day.

If you want to re-live the age of 1943 fighter pilots in the RAF at 400mph then a Spitfire IX is about right.

But for a package holiday to Tenerife - a 757 will get you there in 4 hours.

Any more advice on flyers needed? Just ask. ;D

It's a game of three halves!