Ian Gourlay

Re: Good Start
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2003, 10:15:50 pm »
I think they are in Scotland

STEVE71163

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2003, 10:26:25 pm »
Ian,
     John (Majestic) lives in Fleetwood Lancashire.

Steve

Majestic

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2003, 11:41:51 pm »
They came to clean my windows today.
There was a knock on the door at 7.40 am when my wife answered went it was our new window cleaners, they asked if we didnt mind them starting a bit early as they had allot on today, so they started.They had a large double ladder which they split and one of them went to clean  around the back .They put the ladder up to the bedroom window and one  went up and then another went after him , one cleaned the top while the other cleaned the bottom.
The one who cleaned the bottom kept dropping his squeegee , when I went to pay them I asked the one who kept dropping things  if I could have a look at his squeegee so he showed it to me and I told him the reason that he kept dropping it was he was right handed but was using a left handed one , and he said that it did feel funny and would invest in a right handed one .
I asked if they had a good responce to there leaflet drop , they said yes  they had delivered 1000 and had about 35 replys , and they were busy the rest of the morning as they had another 6 to do .So for a mornings work they had earned £7 each .It made my morning they reminded me of the 3 stooges , I asked them if they did partys ;D but I dont think they got the joke .
I told them that I would give there phone no to anyone who needs a window cleaner, they make me look  good , and it goes to show that you do get what you pay for.Oh yes it took 3 of them 10 mins to do my house  8)

STEVE71163

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2003, 10:49:47 pm »
Are they going to do it regulary John ??? ;D

Steve

Majestic

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2003, 11:10:30 pm »
Yes it was £3 well spent  ;D, I have given them some more work . I dont know how long they will keep it 8)

gibbouk

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2003, 12:09:30 am »
god i see people like that every day and customers have them cause they are cheap. crap but cheap. i used to charge that 10 years ago.

Neil

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2003, 10:38:41 pm »
Hi Majestic
It must be about time for the next episode of the 3 stooges. Have they been round yet?
I was thinking about their problem of dropping stuff. Why not suggest tying a length of wool to there squeegee run it up one sleeve and down the other and tie the other end to there scrim.
It used to work great with my mittens when I was a nipper!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D  

Majestic

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2003, 11:10:12 pm »
Re the three stooges
I have not seen them for a couple of visits as they have been comong a bit later,one of my customers told me that she saw a couple of window cleaners dressed up, one had a Santa suit on and the other was one of the three wise men , I cant wait to see them . Thet have been seen driving around in a truck  the type builders use  ;D ;D 8)

Neil

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2003, 11:35:49 pm »
HA HA HA!!! We could use someone like that round here to liven the place up a bit. I dont have the nerve to dress up! To many people know me ( its only a one horse town) ;D :D :P

Mikey Warner

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2003, 02:44:35 am »
Dress up!, how about this for a publicity stunt, We have a local radio station and it's set in a residential area, what i am going to do this week is canvas the houses opposite the radio station so hopefully i'll be up there on my ladders with my santa hat on in full view of the DJ doing his show!! ;) ;) and of cause that will cause a giggle in the station ;)

Long live free advertising!!

Mikey

Neil

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2003, 10:52:39 pm »
Hi Mikey
What ya gonna do hang a sign on your back with your phone number on it? ;D ;D ;D

Mikey Warner

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2003, 11:04:03 pm »
Nah mate, i mite wear me pantz on the outside of my trousies with me number on em :o ha ha
Nah, think the hat and my van will do the trick ;D

(Don't wanna look more of a prick do i, Alan/Steve)  ::) ;D
Mikey