Suffolkcleaners

traditional or wfp?
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:20:31 pm »
Hi,im new to this site and have been cleaning windows for over 13 years using traditional methods and never had a problem. Although i have to say ive never actually tried wfp so cant knock what i havent tried. My work is mainly domestic and cant actually see the point in using wfp. I work about 25 hrs per week (30 max) and earn a good living. Also if using traditional methods it also keeps you physically fit. I personally think traditional is great for domestic and wfp for commercial and maybe some awkward windows. Any comments would be great and glad to be a newbie on the site.  ;)

Re: traditional or wfp?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 05:57:36 pm »
Hi,im new to this site and have been cleaning windows for over 13 years using traditional methods and never had a problem. Although i have to say ive never actually tried wfp so cant knock what i havent tried. My work is mainly domestic and cant actually see the point in using wfp. I work about 25 hrs per week (30 max) and earn a good living. Also if using traditional methods it also keeps you physically fit. I personally think traditional is great for domestic and wfp for commercial and maybe some awkward windows. Any comments would be great and glad to be a newbie on the site.  ;)
firstly welcome to CIU  ;)

I have mainly domestics and changed to wfp last year. wfp gets you toned and fit same as trad you just dont have to walk as many steps each day to do it.

I am not going to try and convert you over to wfp thats up to you. I did it and would not go back to ladders I like being with 2 feet on the floor.

As way with any questions you have most questions can be answered.

best wishes

Ian Wicks

Stephen Dwyer

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 05:05:47 pm »
I work using the traditional methods and for the most part I don't have a problem with it.  My work is almost completly domestic though so maybe if I was to do more commercial stuff then I would start to question the traditional approach a bit more.  The only thing I sometimes have an issue with is if a house has awkward windows that are too high of above a large slant.  I suppose if I used a wfp these windows would no longer be a problem but I don't know how some of my customers would react if I was to abandon traditional methods and go over to 100% wfp.   

Xline Systems

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 05:18:39 pm »
hi stephen. i think if you asked most people who made the change ide say 99% of people would say it went well. its scary at first but if you have a cood relationship with your custys then they would be willing to give it a go. and with the right training you cant go wrong, we switched onto wfp nearly 5 years ago now and wish we had done it sooner. when we switched 99% of our workload was domestic.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 06:50:46 pm »
I work using the traditional methods and for the most part I don't have a problem with it.  My work is almost completly domestic though so maybe if I was to do more commercial stuff then I would start to question the traditional approach a bit more.  The only thing I sometimes have an issue with is if a house has awkward windows that are too high of above a large slant.  I suppose if I used a wfp these windows would no longer be a problem but I don't know how some of my customers would react if I was to abandon traditional methods and go over to 100% wfp.   
the answer would be very few would complain, I changed all work to wfp last year, I got a few canceled but overall went smothly, I am not trying to talk you into changing I am guerss pointing out the the change over is alot easier than some like to say, I did not give letters to every customer (was not asking for trouble and questions) if anyone asks I say it is safer for me and the guys (most are happy with that answer) the ones that are not I replace.

Nothing wrong with trad at all, but wfp is faster overall.

Ian

TennetClean

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 12:53:21 am »
If your working trad near where I live you may want to re-think your work practices.

I am starting a crusade to report ladder monkeys to the health and safety bods.

THE LAW IS COMING,

you have been warned.
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

bluefrog

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 07:42:39 pm »
OH Mate hope your only joking about reporting people for using ladders :-X

TennetClean

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 12:48:53 am »
OH Mate hope your only joking about reporting people for using ladders

NOPE!

Sanity

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 07:57:08 am »
Traditional and WFP are both just tools to be used.  They both have their uses (I would like to see anyone clean 20 ft internal shop windows without a ladder...) and a good WC'er should be able to use both proficiently.

Ian W

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 11:35:38 am »
Tennet, why do you say you are reporting 'ladder monkeys'? It isn't against the law yet!  >:(
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

TennetClean

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 12:38:38 am »
Tennet, why do you say you are reporting 'ladder monkeys'? It isn't against the law yet!

OH yes it is.  You're just lucky there arent too many H&S inspectors wandering about in the suburbs

Until i start reporting that is.  I will also be taking photos

WHY report the ladder monkeys?  Because theyre breaking the law.  Its my civic duty to report them, it is also my duty to then take their nice juicy contracts when they get done.

Alls fair in business

Pat Purcell

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 01:04:19 am »
What a low-life scum-bag ::)
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

TennetClean

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 01:33:30 am »
What a low-life scum-bag

It is them that are breaking the law.

I mean, have they no honour? Ha ha.

LOL I see it as my duty to help uphold the law.  It is also my duty to take their contracts.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.  If you cant afford waterfed pole, then dont become a window cleaner.  Especially if you work near me cos I WILL report any ladder monkeys I see.

Smile for the camera now.

Ian W

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 02:53:35 am »
Tennet, why do you say you are reporting 'ladder monkeys'? It isn't against the law yet!

OH yes it is.

OH NO, it isn't. (and it isn't even panto season yet...)
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 12:39:36 pm »
ive come across wc like you a few times whilst i have been doing the job (ill take all there work) scum, in my experience window cleaners should stick together and help each other out whatever method they choose....  oh and by the way ladders are not illegal...

TennetClean

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 01:44:45 pm »
in my experience window cleaners should stick together

LOL righto.

You stick together with other window cleaners then mate, I'll be doing the contracts that you wont be getting on ladders.  LOL

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 01:48:17 pm »
i forgot to mention i do both methods, and them wc i have met in the past dont do the job anymore because i have it all...

cooper

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 01:36:54 pm »
Hello TennetClean.

Think it will be me doing the reporting

of u being caught in a compromising  position with one of ur elderly

customers...think on tosser !!
So many windows ,
so little time.

stig

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 07:43:59 pm »
 :D
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

WCE

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 12:01:55 am »
Hello TennetClean.

Think it will be me doing the reporting

of u being caught in a compromising  position with one of ur elderly

customers...think on tosser !!

Tuppence clean - Making fans as usual!
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!