andy

Re: Marketing with Brochures
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2003, 10:42:28 pm »
THIS IS A REPLY TO THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE!!!

Im really a new guy to the window cleaning industry but i have a few idea which i know will work from working with similar business.

ME NOT OWNING THEM BUT, MAKING PROGRESSIVE DECSIONS FOR THE COMAPNYS.

If you want to put you business across better to the potential customer in a more professional dont go using templates of word and usuing there stuff on there site.

ITS GOOD IF YOU WANT TO MAKE LITTLE MONEY!

Why dont you save a little bit of money and get a national business rather then a local business, ADVERTISE ON THE RADIO! LOCAL RADIO. THIS IS THE BEST WAY OF GETTING CUSTOMERS!

TRUST ME.

Andy

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2003, 01:15:38 am »
Hi Andy
What does the costs start from to advertise on the local radio? And do you have to make sure it is broadcasted in peak times mornings,evenings etc and is this extra.
Cheers for Help
Alan

andy

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2003, 09:45:59 pm »
hi ya alan!

Yes, there is different prices for peak times and thats all down to you and the radio station.

I thought i would just put the idea across to everyone!

andy!

andy

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2003, 09:48:38 pm »
Another idea!!!

What you could even do is buddy up with another local window cleaner and split the price and the customers when they phone in on your national number.

andy!

andy

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2003, 09:51:46 pm »
sorry! me again. Do you live in the kings cross area. i used to but now i live in kensington.

I COULD GET CUSTOMERS IN KENSINGTON BUT I CANT CLEAN THEM!

Would you like to operate in kensington as well and expan your business!

ANdy!

STEVE71163

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2003, 09:53:06 pm »
Hi
 The only problem i can see with radio advertising with window cleaning  is that you would end up with work all over the place. I would have thought you would be better off door knocking with your business card. :D

Steve Lowe

andy

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2003, 01:24:41 am »
yes, you are right! but it still can be controled,

its just up to people weather they want to run a little piggy bank of customers or have a full-time business.

yes it would need more people working for you, but money and real freedom doesent come cheap! you have to work for it.   What i have noticed is that most people are happy with this industry because its easy because people can control there customers, time, and money.

SOME people have things called comfort barrers. you have to break these to get reall success. COME on guys, do you want to make small money or do you want to e the one to make the window cleaning industry a name so everyone can get more business!!!

STEVE71163

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2003, 10:52:44 am »
Hi Andy,
           Its great to see someone who achieves great things from small beginnings, You just have to look at people like Craig Mawlam from ionic systems. :o But most of us on this forum have got a lot more than as you call it a piggy bank of customers. Part of building up a successful domestic window cleaning business is getting all your work close together otherwise you are spending most of your time in the van. :'(

Steve Lowe

andy

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2003, 03:15:31 pm »
hi ya steve! i work in london, as you proberbly know that customers pay a bit for window cleaning out here.

You could divide work areas in to section and employ or train people to be window cleaners and then pay them a percentage of the house clean. (self employed basis)!

what do you think about this?

ANDY!

andy

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2003, 03:21:43 pm »
ON A WHOLE! if you advertised on the radio in your local living area things would get tighter as time goes on.

Because your not expanding the area! your expanding your work load and employee's

And that its self well get tighter!

ANDY!

STEVE71163

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2003, 03:24:27 pm »
Hi Andy,
           I think if you could employ people on a self employed basis you would be in a win win situation but i dont think the inland revenue would accept that your guys could be classed as self employed. :'(

Steve Lowe

andy

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2003, 03:30:23 pm »
I have checked in to it! And yes you can.

They would just have to register them selfs with inland revenue and get insurance them self.

And then you can draw up contracts for periods of time to work to geather!

Just like contracting work!

andy

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2003, 03:33:36 pm »
Plus you would need a canvassering team of 50 people to get the customers!

This process has to be quick as at the end alot of business can be lost as you will be teaching the business to the new window cleaners! and they think they can go of and do the same.

andy!

STEVE71163

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2003, 03:37:39 pm »
Thats great if whoever gave you that information is right as it is a bit of a grey area. I was told that to be classed as self employed they would need to do about 50% of their own work as well otherwise they would need to be on paye ??? I have always thought that the potential of window cleaning is huge :D

Good Luck if you give it a go!

Steve