ianhannaford

Re: New Software for Window Cleaners
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 12:13:38 pm »
Hi David,

Ok, thats fine this is what we have already in the accounts module. You have a daily/weekly/monthly and yearly summary of the amount you have charged your customers, the amount of money you have taken (including a breakdown by payment method), the amount of debt outstanding, the total amount of expenses - and it will also do all the VAT and tax calculations if you have this feature switched on.

I'm hoping that the system will become so familiar and easy to use that it will alsmost be a joy to update on a regular basis. Once people start using a system that they find actually helps than hinders them they include it in their daily routine and after a couple of month becomes almost habitual.

Thanks again for your help and I look forward to hearing your comments on the final product.

Ian
www.windowcleanerpro.com

Trevor Knight

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 12:14:59 pm »
Trevor

On point one you can see what date the customer last paid if you look in the history button for that customer.

I would like to see the cash/cheque feature as that is my one and only gripe about George.
It would save me working out a cash total for my cash book every week.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I know what your saying but I want to be able to look at the history and see:

Cleaned 22/05/06
Paid 25/05/06 Cheque

This will stop late payers thinking they paid recently when you can say no that payment was for last month etc...

Maybe that makes it clearer what i was after.

regards,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

ianhannaford

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 12:20:33 pm »
Hi Trev,

This is a sample screen shot from our system that shows the job history for a particlar customer/job.

http://www.windowcleanerpro.com/cleans.gif

I hope this is along the lines of what your looking for.

Thanks

Ian

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 12:22:27 pm »
I see what you mean now , i struggle to line the dates up myself sometimes.

I dont have to many problems with disputed payments so i dont have much call for that side of the programme.

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 12:24:18 pm »
Ian

It looks top bannana , you just have to sort your invoice numbering out now and stop cleaning the same property twice on the same date.   ;D

ianhannaford

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 12:27:15 pm »
lol, I knew someone would pick me up on that!! Like I said this is only a screen shot and not live data. The invoice column will actually be a button so that you can view the invoice that was raised (if any).

Ian

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 12:35:16 pm »
Looks and sounds really good, can't wait for the demo version. Any idea on what sort of price you will be selling at?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2006, 12:36:06 pm »
Ian

the ability to be able to give a paid invoice or reciept after the job has been completed would be good also.

On george this can only be achieved if the job has been put on the invoiced items list.

Some  times i am asked months later for an invoice for previously completed and paid cleans.

Dave

ianhannaford

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2006, 12:45:08 pm »
Hi David,

When you enter a clean against a job you can automatically rasie and print an invoice/receipt.

You will also have the ability to print a previous invoice or raise an invoice against any clean (including multiple cleans).

The retail price is expected to be between £50 and £100 but you can sign up at our site and receive 25% off the final retail price.

Thanks for all your comments and help and I too am very excited about releasing this product.

Ian
www.windowcleanerpro.com

Trevor Knight

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2006, 04:18:26 pm »
Ian,

On your screen shot there is not date when they made the payment, just if they owe or not, is there anyway we can enter the date they paid please?

regards,

Trev

ianhannaford

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2006, 04:20:40 pm »
Hi Trevor,

Noted and added!

Ian

ianhannaford

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 05:00:08 pm »
Hi Guys,

When adding (resolving) a debt against a customer, i.e. youhave performed the clean and not received that payment, would you:

1) Prefer to enter the collected money against each clean that has outstanding debts

2) Just enter the collected amount and let the system pay off the earliest debts upto the value of the collected amount

Thanks in advance

Ian

pjulk

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2006, 05:19:26 pm »
Hi Ian

It looks like its going to be a great piece of software especially have cheque or cash with payment dates.

When adding (resolving) a debt against a customer, i.e. youhave performed the clean and not received that payment, would you:

For me i would like them paid off in order with the oldest debt first.

Paul

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2006, 05:29:47 pm »
yes oldest first with the option to change if required

Dave

Davie T

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2006, 09:17:08 am »
Hasn't Paul from George handled this well !   He has done the correct thing by keeping a distance from all the points raised. I am more than sure he has been watching this closely and has every intention of adding all and possibly more features. Had he chosen to participate he would have been forced to defend his corner with every point raised. ...................    Now you have a chance to post Paul!

Trevor Knight

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2006, 09:23:48 am »
Agreed Davie,

I hope both parties can learn from each other and then we would have probably the best software programme available.

Trev

George Systems

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 11:27:05 am »
Hi Davie

Yes - I've been watching this thread closely !

So far, all the points are already handled by George - I added Payment Method recording (and analysis on the Daily Summary) to the next version this weekend. I think that's the only thing missing.

I will be very interested to see Ian's system when it's released. It appears to do a lot less than George - but maybe he has some surprises up his sleeve...

Paul

Davie T

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 11:57:50 am »
Hi Paul,  When is your latest update due whereby we will be able to use the new features?

George Systems

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2006, 12:43:31 pm »
Hi Davie

We have a few Beta testers trying it out at the moment. When it's stable I will need to rewrite PocketGeorge to handle the new features - so it won't be available for a couple of months (if all goes well !).

This update has taken longer than any previous one - but it's adding some really valuable features so it should be worth the wait ...

Paul