dennis moriarty

School Contract
« on: May 10, 2013, 09:54:01 am »
Hi all

We have been asked to quote for a junior school in our area. We are a where of TUPE of course but having never quoted for anything quite this big I need some advice in pricing, we have been sent details of staff currently employed and their wages E.C.T. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Den.

Paul Hill

Re: School Contract
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:38:18 am »
Are you quoting for the supply of materials also?

dennis moriarty

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:59:30 am »
Hi Paul
Yes, we've been asked to quote for labour and materials. We currently do lot's of office cleaning, commercial mobile cabin cleaning but never been into a school. We know the labour costs of the current staff which we will be obliged to keep. We charge £12 per hour for our usual cleans and wondered if we could going in with the same sort of price? Any suggestions will be most welcome, thanks,
Den.

clarkson

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 06:03:56 am »
Hi just beware schools often want a a 40 or 41 week contract. Leaves you with a load of staff on 13 week hols.

I know some operations pay slightly less during term time saving up some money for downtime but how this works with NMW I don't quit get.

Your 12 pound an hour sounds about right some would pay more some wouldn't pay it, as with all pricing.

Just remember you will have crb costs as well. Last thing we always found the 3.30 start time a difficult time to staff.

Hope it helps a bit

John