D4ch0l

first contract - few questions
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:00:37 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have been asked to do the contract cleaning in one of the Frankie & Benny restaurants. We had a look around, the managers said they have a cleaner who works for 2.5h, 6 days a week, but is an older man and he may leave at any time, therefore they would need contract cleaning. Hence few questions:

1. Who is responsible for providing written contract. Is it down to me or them?

2. What would you (those with experience with employing people) charge for an hour work in there. There is no kitchen involved. Small gents, ladies, and disabled toilets, hoovering, mopping the floor, polishing some brasses, and some dusting. I have no experience in employing people, and I know I have to charge enough so in case when I employ people in the future, I can pay them and have some profit.

3. Shall I take care of every aspect of cleaning, including supplying equipment and toilet rolls and soap? I know they have been doing it so far, and because I have no experience on this field I don't know how often I will have to do it and what cost will be involved.

Hope to hear from you soon guys.
All help appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Adam

Drewheald

Re: first contract - few questions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:59:41 am »
Hi

Well done on getting the job

You should provide the contract

the hourly rate will depend on where you are, But as an average I would charge out at £10.30 then giving them a 5% discount for standing order payment

if you need any help with templates and advice just give me a call

drew
Leeds city cleaners

D4ch0l

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:44:19 pm »
Thanks Drew for your reply.

I guess £10.30 is an average cost of labour only, no cleaning products included.
If I charge £12/h and supply cleaning products, apart from toilet rolls and soap as they use their own, would that be to much?

Thanks, Adam

dmckellar

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 08:11:27 pm »
you pay a cleaner £6.80 or so per hour, do you then drive them to the place of work? pay their travel? pay for another van on the road? you then need to maybe pay tax etc

also  remember employers liability insurance for each person you employ.

at £10 an hour it might be hard to turn a profit - not even £2.00 an hour? is it worth it?

Drewheald

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 02:52:59 am »
I guess the simplest answer is to find out what your local opposition are charging.

Sadly if you want to be in business, you can not be a million miles out of them.

Where are you based?

D4ch0l

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 06:29:18 pm »
Do you charge double for bank holidays if you invoice based on hours?

Thanks, Adam

Drewheald

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 08:43:47 am »
Hi Adam

It depends on your contract you supplied but in general I would,

Did you give them a contract

Drew

D4ch0l

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 08:54:18 pm »
Hi,

No I haven't yet. I thought about offering one month trial, invoicing on weekly basis. That will allow me get to know the place and see how much of what I will need and they will be sure of having good contractor ;].
Don't actually have any contract prepared yet, and I keep working on it (any help would be appreciated), but I will follow your advice Drew and I will charge double for bank holidays ;].

Thanks,
Adam

Drewheald

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 09:12:01 pm »
my email is admin@leedscitycleaners.com

send me an email and i will send you a copy contract over for you to take a look at

if you run on my contract you will be covered for just about everything, also have you the needed paperwork ie

insurance
health and safety policy
risk assessment
method statements
etc

if not call me on 07833051961 for a chat