Egg

Comments Book
« on: February 18, 2013, 07:40:58 pm »
I want to start leaving a comments book with my commercial customers so rather than having to phone or email me about small things they can just leave a comment and of course vice versa.
For those that already do this what do you use? Is it just a plain day to day diary or notebook you use or can you buy something specially designed for the job?

I've only been doing office and commercial cleaning for a few months so i'm sure i will have some more questions in the future but will also try to offer any help or advice I can.

Thank you in advance for your help

Nicholas Head

Re: Comments Book
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:52:30 pm »
Hi

I used this type of system both as a contractor and more recently as "a buyer" of cleaning services.

It works very well - I have used a "day to view" diary, a notebook but more recently a specially drafted form (with both organisations logos at the top). The form is simple it just has a date, comment/request, action taken and date addressed.

Whilst it started as a "complaints" book, it is now in all the locations as a valuable communication medium with compliments, general requests and the odd complaint!

Nick

pristineclean

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 12:55:04 pm »
I use a badged page a day diary on all contracts and their use is part of  service level agreements/key performance indicator monitoring. We also use the books to feed back any issues which we think the client should be aware of.  I have to say that most diaries come back at the end of the year blank or with very few entries which makes me wonder whether I'm wasting money on the branding but for the time being, I'll stay with it.

Denise l

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 05:11:39 pm »
We leave a communications book which is justa day to day diary for both the clients to leave messages for the cleaner and vice versa. Works well and any issues are resolved on a daily basis by the operative and saves on phone calls and visits.

Scotbrite

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 11:45:36 am »
I have a site manual at all sites ( as is required) & in this i place a section with pages i print up myself pretty much the same as Nicolas says. I feel this makes it more professional than just a "normal" diary. However they never seem to be used much !!

Office Cleaning Company

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 09:35:01 am »
Good idea and relatively standard I would imagine. We just made up a table with our logo on (I think in word or maybe excel, it was a long while back) with a few columns, one for comments, another for time/date and one for signature and one for action taken / to be done - and then we print off and bind them up in a cover for new jobs and when they need replacing just replace the pages.

One thing though, I certainly wouldnt see this as a replacement for calling or emails just an additional means of communication.
Low Cost Office and Commercial Cleaning Services for London and Essex Companies
http://www.ics-online.co.uk - We Clean Better You Save Money - Get your instant cleaning quote now

Drewheald

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:19:05 am »
Hi

Just seen your thread, but this is nothing to do with that.

I am asking for your help seem as you are new to office cleaning.

I am building an app for pricing guidance its free but I want some feedback from people so I can work on it.

please would you mind using it its free, just give me some feedback

http://www.appsgeyser.com/getwidget/CleanCalc/

Thanks
Drew
Leeds City Cleaners