Brendan (chem2clean)

Marble floor to clean tomorrow New
« on: June 22, 2012, 06:14:41 pm »
Hi,i have a big house to clean tomorrow,carpets,upholstery,leather.Property management company was talking about getting 7 bathrooms,and what looks like marble floor downstairs.I have the tools but not the training so kinda hoping they did not want it all cleaned.Anyway client moving in monday and they want the marble cleaned tomorrow.....property company tells me to clean it.Kinda have to take it on.I been around trying to get a marble cleaner,,,none about...would i get away with using prochem ultrapac.Its a high alkaline,,I know iM A HACK ON THIS ONE.

Jamie Pearson

Re: marble floor to clean tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 06:15:53 pm »
Ultrapac should be okay.
Do a test patch.
Just make sure whatever brush or pad you use isnt too agressive.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 06:25:52 pm »
Your a gent,what about a red pad for or bonnet mop.Should i then polish up with a white pad???Thanks

craignozza

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:52:07 pm »
Try not to use a red pad as they can sometimes shed the red dye in the grout .. Just use a soft to medium scrub brush with the ultra pac left to dwell accordingly then give a good rinse with some clean water and wet vac up.. if in doubt always do a test patch first  ;)

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 07:00:54 pm »
Thanks,ok no red pad.I have a tm to rinse and vac,would 600 psi keep me out of trouble.Again thanks for everyone's input.

craignozza

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 07:04:14 pm »
If your just using your tm to rinse and vac you  wont need hardly any psi at all as the rotary agitation and chemical would have done all the hard work :)

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 07:06:31 pm »
Brilliant thanks,man i have to get some hard floor training,hate been a hack .

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 09:44:47 pm »
One last thing,how much water is safe to but on the floor with the chemical for dwell time before i might get some problems.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 10:22:22 am »
Ultrapac won't damage the stone. It may affect topical sealant if any has been applied. Wet the floor with water and a mop then mix and apply the ultrapac on the same way.
10mins dwell should be enough.
Be careful of any surrounding woodwork for water ingress.