UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

Cold Water or Hot Water Cleaning

(1/10) > >>

Neil Grainger:
HI all

Would like to get your thoughts on whether Cold Water Cleaning will have any differnet results to cleaning with Hot Water.

On another forum they are trying to say that Coldwater using M Power works better than using hot water with M Power or detergents.

Does anyone have any views on this as i think that the views being aired are somewhat staged.

lands:
Neil,

Something I learnt from Doug H. The molecules in hot water have more energy so they move around quicker. Nuff said I think. Hot water is better during pre-spray and extraction certainlky on detergents anyway (not used M power so not qualified to comment) but does sound a bit staged to me too.

Pete

stevegunn:
Do you bathe in cold water.This has been done before obviously their machine does not have a heater so they brainwash people into thinking cold water is better

stevegunn:
http://www.cleanprosonline.com/Hotter_chemicals.html

http://www.cleanprosonline.com/greenexcerpt.html

Ken Wainwright:
After many years of using Woolsafe microsplitters with a warm to hot rinse, I've recently been experimenting a little.

I've used Liquid One Clean and Ecogent as cold water rinses with various pre-treatments and they've performed perfectly.

Ecogent is designed to work in cold water, can be used as a pre-spray, rinse and a spotter. I've used it as directed on various stains including filter soiling, all with excellent results. I've also used it for maintenance bonnet cleaning and it performed as good as the competition. All of this with cold water.

Although MS's only require a freshwater rinse, I had some REALLY greasy polyprop to clean (chinese student let), so I used Prochem Citra-Boost. This type of product is not free rinsing, hence the need for a detergent rinse. I still rinsed cold and the results were stunning. I now adopt this practice for all extreme greasy soiling. I'm not sure of the overall Eco-Credentials but I'm using a Woolsafe, food grade product boosted by a citrus derived booster and a highly acclaimed green rinse agent all using "carbon friendly" cold water. And the whole package works extremely well. I can't detect any difference between a hot or cold pre-spray.

Now, if my business was focused more on the hospitality sector, with constantly high levels of soiling, and I wanted to reduce time on the job by just pre-spraying and rinsing (not uncommon with T/M power) then my practice would fail miserably. Cold water rinsing needs to be supported by high levels of agitation.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version