Plankton

Van storage ideas
« on: October 05, 2017, 12:23:46 am »
I had intended to order a ply rack but don't know for sure where everything will go in the van. I was then thinking of using velcro to attach some material boxes (Ikea type) or something in the short term. Has anyone used anything like that?
It's for cloths, gloves, mops, channels, brush heads,  spare connectors etc nothing heavy.

Re: Van storage ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 07:59:46 am »
I just use hooks for brushes.
I use one of those roll top waterproof bags that kayakers etc. use to keep kit dry for cloths and scrims etc. ....... hang that from a hook too. Everything else just goes in a tool box on the floor.

H2GoKent

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 03:59:04 pm »
I have used velcro on things in my van before, and it always seems to fall off with the rocking of the van.
I have a plywood rack on the side of my tank in the van for scrim etc to keep them dry. bought off ebay self assembly, as I don't have the time or skills to build my own.
I have an old steel chest of drawers (small) screwed to the floor for the various odds and ends I keep, I have put them just in a big box before but that didn't work for me.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 05:25:34 pm »
I bought these:   

https://www.primrose.co.uk/-p-18792.html?adtype=pla&kwd=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsNfOBRCWARIsAGITapZlRdvwAoapFCsz02wV0Lc-TrGMfK3SfGnAI2Wa6WThYNfsihJuTEUaAvNgEALw_wcB

I just screwed straight through the top bit into the ply lining of the van. Had them for years, probably need to replace them now.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 06:30:15 pm »
ebay or gum tree for old gas board racking if you sit and wait some great deals on there

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 05:08:24 pm »
i use back van door cards from grippatank for spare brushes and holder for BOAB.storage boxes on top of tank for spare cloths/mop sleeves,etc,one for dirty cloths and an old oblong unger bucket for detergents/spare rubbers,cloth pockets,scrapers/odds and ends. :)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 05:10:48 pm »
my gloves are stored in the cab above my head in the storage space and spare connectors are in my toolbox thats stored down the side of my tank(near the side door for easy access)
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 07:12:26 pm »
I looked at the grippa site, I  was surprised at the amount of stuff they sell now.  Might bite the bullet and get the ply rack but I would need to unbolt the reel to turn it and there will be a bit of corrosion going on so not jumping to do it. Otherwise being a manual reel the handle might be a bit close.
The passenger seats have storage underneath which helps but need stuff off the floor in the back for heavy equipment.
I took today off and ended up in Homebase, BnQ, Halfords looking for a solution but nowt