Joe H

Envirodri Gen4
« on: March 15, 2010, 06:29:16 pm »
The Gen4 is one of the new model Envirodri machines with a 16" head (some of the older models are only 12")
It is a carpet cleaning machine in its own right. With sponges or granuals available from a number of suppliers, carpets will be clean and dry within 30 minutes, which is a good selling point.
However, most carpet cleaners use this type of machine for agitation of the pre spray, and it is very effective at doing this. Agitation is part of the cleaning pie chart, and using machines such as this is much more efficient then using a long handled brush.

There are 5 sets of brushes in the Envirodri range. Each set costs approx £90 and I have 3 sets available.
White is the middle of the 5, and is a general purpose brush, not really suitable for carpets with a wool content.
White and gold, is softer and can be used on wool carpets.
White and black is harder then white, and used on dirtier man made fibre carpets.

So, for sale is the main machine plus a set of brushes, plus a further 2 sets of brushes (£180 new price).
I am looking for £700 or a very sensible offer.

Reason for sale - upgrading - just could not live without this type of machine.

carpetcleaning4u

Re: Envirodri Gen4
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:32:22 pm »
Upgrading to what  ??? ???
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master !!

carpetcleaning4u

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 11:35:36 pm »
Got it now maybe a 360  ;)
If you can dream - and not make dreams your master !!

derek west

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 06:00:28 pm »
i'd of had this joe but money's spoken for now with the hardfloor setup, just out of curiosity,whats your lowest on it?

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 06:30:34 pm »
Hi Derek

Shame you spent all your money. A machine like this does make a big difference to the job.

I put "a very sensible offer" so I, hopefully, get sensible offers.

I would be happy with £640.

Just a note on the brushes - they are about £90 a set for the Envirodri + vat.
Host brushes are about £170 a set +vat.
So to get 2 extra set of brushes is a good deal.

Did deep Derek, dig deep.
Couple hundred now and you can have the kit, rest at the end of the month when your wife gives you your pocket money  ;D

derek west

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 07:05:30 pm »
ive not bought me kit yet joe, i'm budgetting £3k so if i have any change left i'll have it, all though knowing me i'll end up going over budget, my first carpet cleaning machine was gonna be a rug doctor ;D if ya sell it ya sell it but like i said, if its still there and i got a few squid to spare i'll have it.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 09:30:09 pm »
Hi Joe, I would like 1st refusal if all was ok, I'd offer you £600 and would collect next week.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 07:34:33 am »
Joe,

If Derek changes his mind I will take it off your hands. I'm not going to try and out bid him coz he's a nice guy and I'm far too much of a gentlemen to do a thing like that.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 10:22:45 am »
very honourable of you simon but i'm in no position to buy at the moment. my hard floor equipment is taking full priority and untill i have spent all i need on this then i don't know what ive got spare to invest in the cc side. and besides, i do like my sebo, its small compact and quick and does a very good job.  i think joes enviro is worth £640 of anyones money especially with the extra brushes and knowing joe its been well looked after, grab yourself a bargain and go for it. ;)
ps... hope your at the show thursday, bring the tit, ;D i'm dying to see it. one day, (dream dream dream)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 12:08:49 pm »
Hi Derek,

I'm going to the show on Friday morning for a couple of hours on my way down to Southampton, if you're there Friday I'll show you the beast and if you're really lucky I may let you touch it. (the machine, I mean ;D)

Simon

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 03:53:58 pm »
Sorry guys.
Someone was showing a keen interest, and your interest must have just nudged them.
Went for £650 - good deal.

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 06:44:18 pm »
Never mind, you win some and lose some, maybe would have gone to £650 Joe if you'd had shown any interest in my offer/post, £600 was only my starting offer.  If the sale falls through and I'm not sorted please get back to me.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 07:55:25 pm »
Mmm, am I being paranoid or does Joe not want to sell it to me and has invented a phantom buyer that is more interested in me?
 :'( :'(

michael wadsworth

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 08:24:54 pm »
Think your barking up the wrong tree there Simon. I rang Joe to buy it an hour after it had been sold and I would have given him his asking price. Nice guy, asked me did I want a ride to Carpex on Friday, but I can't go as, thank goodness after the abysmal Jan. Feb., I'm heavily committed Thurs/Fri. Mike
All it takes for evil to flourish is that good men do nothing.

Simon Gerrard

Joe H

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 08:32:08 am »
Simon
Yes, you being paranoid. Not invented anyone, and why would I not want to sell it to you? (no need to answer)
Just a point though, "Westy" is not Derek West, it may be you didnt know that. They both come from the same town but different people.

Westy, Paul is it, your offer came on here whilst I was off-line on Tuesday evening. By the time I got online and read it yesterday you were off line. The I got a phone call with the offer.

and dont forget guys, I had the advert on 2 other forums as well.

Michael, would love to meet up sometime so I can take a look at the Bane. So much said about them but I never seen one.

michael wadsworth

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 08:52:19 pm »
Things are looking up Simon, and they need to as I don't remember a worse Jan/Feb in 38 yrs of trading. Hope everybody is getting some decent business right now . Regards Mike

michael wadsworth

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 08:54:04 pm »
Anytime we both have a minute Joe. Look forward to it. Mike P.S. Meanwhile try www.baneclene.com. The Bane family seem to be a bunch of lovely people. Bill Bane is a very warm sincere man, read his blog page, I'm sure you'll like his take on things both business and life. Mike

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 07:53:38 pm »
Simon
Yes, you being paranoid. Not invented anyone, and why would I not want to sell it to you? (no need to answer)
Just a point though, "Westy" is not Derek West, it may be you didnt know that. They both come from the same town but different people.

Westy, Paul is it, your offer came on here whilst I was off-line on Tuesday evening. By the time I got online and read it yesterday you were off line. The I got a phone call with the offer.

and dont forget guys, I had the advert on 2 other forums as well.

Michael, would love to meet up sometime so I can take a look at the Bane. So much said about them but I never seen one.

No problem at all Joe, I missed a real bargain.

Simon, Joe is correct, myself and Derek West are both from the same town, we share the same surname, he is alot older than me  ;D he also supports a team that couldnt win a raffle ;D and I'm much slimmer and better looking  ;D lol.

oh and he's also t-total  :'(

But even with all these faults, he is a really nice guy!

derek west

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 09:01:46 pm »
 ;D

clinton

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 08:30:39 am »
Am sure its dereks altered ego this westy ;D ;D

Joe H

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 08:42:44 am »
Clinton - the thought had crossed my mind  ;)

derek west

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 09:37:12 am »
clinton/joe
well westy has just landed a £50,000 contract so i sure hope your right ;D

clinton

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 01:57:43 pm »
Joe think your right ;)

Is that the supermarket contract ;D

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 07:47:51 pm »
These machines are only £940 new
secondhand anything is about 20% of cost and then in prestine condition which equates to--
@£230

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2010, 08:01:19 pm »
secondhand anything is about 20% of cost and then in prestine condition which equates to--
@£230

Pay the £940 plus vat and another £200 plus vat for more brushes, cause you would'nt get one for £230 in that sort of condition.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2010, 08:02:38 pm »
@£230

Yeah, if only.
Kept my eye open for a used one to come up for 18 months before I got mine about 8-10 months ago.
And then I considered myself lucky to get it for the price I did.
If the market was flooded with them then obviously you would get used ones cheaper but while they are so few and far between you'll have to pay the extra to get one.
Don't forget Joe's one included 2 extra sets of brushes as well at around £100 pet set.

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2010, 08:10:12 pm »
Seondhand is secondhand !!
Would you buy second shoes ,clothes,underwear,car,mobile phone, ect ect  I personally strive to be better.
Secondhand cars for an example sell at @£3000 less when you drive them off the forecourt ,same as carpet cleaning machines. If you can,t afford the real thing do not try !!

derek west

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2010, 08:16:17 pm »
@£230
20% of cost. ;D ;D ;D

anything ;D ;D ;D

just seen a house for sale, was 200k new last year, must be up for £40k now, think i'll get 2.

oh and i'll have that 08plate testarossa while i'm there.
how much are prowlers new, cos one just went for £5000 on here s/h couple of days ago, must be £25,000 new then according to cleanmachine.

some people eh!
ps... 3000 less off the forecourt, so is that 20% then

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2010, 08:22:13 pm »
Crikey Derek You are a clown.
I only retotrt to you because of your posts, how sad the way you are,any lets get busy.

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2010, 08:47:13 pm »
I can not understand this post ???
This item is only worth £500 max
or if you are p+++++d 
Who bought it?

derek west

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2010, 08:58:37 pm »
how can it be only worth 500 if someone paid more for it? like i said, some people eh.

that van gogh painting is only worth £60 max. its worth what some one is willing to pay for it, think your the clown mate, one minute its worth 230 now its worth 500, make ya bluddy mind up.

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2010, 09:04:56 pm »
You Know your wrong
CALM DOWN

derek west

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2010, 09:09:48 pm »
ha ha ha ha, okay, i'm calm now.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2010, 11:23:10 pm »
Seondhand is secondhand !!
Would you buy second shoes ,clothes,underwear,car,mobile phone, ect ect  I personally strive to be better.
Secondhand cars for an example sell at @£3000 less when you drive them off the forecourt ,same as carpet cleaning machines. If you can,t afford the real thing do not try !!

Shoes - No! Clothes - No! Underwear-Noooooooo!!!!!
Mobile phone - Have done and would do again
Car - Almost certainly, never had a car from new and don't think I would. Like you said yourself loses £1000's straight away. Pointless!

As mentioned something is worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it.
If you move house and offer more than someone else, your prepared to pay more because its worth more to you to pay that extra.

But each to their own opinion.

Joe H

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2010, 07:03:54 am »
I wonder who Cleanmachinery really is?  As he/she is a guest, there is no profile to complete so we dont know gender, age, location.... we know nothing except.......... he/she is a stirrer.
Could it be one of those from the past who regularly stirred matters on the forums, come on now under a different name?     Who cares.

To suggest a machine of this quality is only worth £230 is ridiculous. Even the older and smaller blue machines go for more then that.
And of course, where a person may not buy this sort of machine new for £1000 (plus 2 sets of brushes) they would pay £650 with the 2 sets of brushes. This is provenby the fact that there was more then one wanting to buy this machine ........ but you do only need one.
Logic usually wins the day.  ::)

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2010, 09:57:54 pm »
I would agree that anything secondhand is worth as much as somebody is prepared to pay for it, and that is usually determined by what it is, age, condition, availability and "value to the purchaser".  What I can't understand from this thread is how a guest is able to post on a thread ?
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire

Joe H

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2010, 04:12:22 am »
Good point.
Perhaps a guest should only be able to view threads/posts but not start or answer to one.

Over to Jason Williscroft

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2010, 07:39:38 am »
He wasn't a guest until Jason, quite rightly, deleted his account

Joe H

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2010, 07:56:28 am »
Didnt know that Steve, I was off line at the time.

Mark_Jubb

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2010, 10:43:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply Steve
If there isn't enough time to do the job right,  how do we find the time to go back and do it again when the customer is not happy ?   Do it right the 1st Time.
NCCA Member 1399.  Swindon, Wiltshire