Smurf

Re: How would you clean render
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2016, 12:11:39 pm »
I was informed to use 1 litre of algoclear pro to 40 litres of water for k rend walls.

As I was using a pf trolley and wfp to apply and brush it in I just put in 500ml of algoclear then topped up with water in 25 litre containers I bought new to use. In total I used only 6 containers and more than one was used to treat a large deck after it was pressure washed. So if you're tight like me then 5 litre of the stuff can go a long way. Still that was my first one so not done a really bad one yet that I've seen vids of them flooding the walls with the stuff.

Best to be aware as I found out the hard way first time mixing it is when topping up with water talk about froth or what as it’s like a bleeding foam making machine.  Best you don’t get the froth on the grass like I did as if left there and not given a good hose down does eventually turn the grass white. Likewise with any runoff that goes on grass too… Oops! I hope it grow back ok if not I'm right in the crapper?  ;D 

I'm betting now someone like chris will say when mixing you put the water in first then the algoclear and give it a wee stir.   
Howerver being a thick paddy like me thought to do it my way and create loads of froth that went everywhere. :P

serj shergill

Re: How would you clean render
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2016, 01:06:30 pm »
Thanks smurf, was told by Francois 1-20 which I thought was excessive and costly..

Smurf

Re: How would you clean render New
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2016, 11:37:33 pm »
Francois also advise me to use a 1- 20 mix. Also suggested to purchase 3 x 5 litre to be on the safe side when I actualy only needed to use 1 x 5 litre and still had about 2 litre left over in that 5 litre container.  I suppose if your going to be flooding the walls like they do in the vid then yes you would use much more as most of it would end up on the floor anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AT5vsaGyRk