Smurf

Re: Conservatory valet
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 10:04:05 am »
One-off conservatory valet especially the awkward minging ones I hate doing them so I go in high pricewise as need and good incentive or I would just not bother to do them now. I’ve found the ones you think are going to be easy are usually the ones that turn out to be pigs to do.

Regarding access I tend to use either a conservatory ladder or a set of ladders with an ankalad fitted so can gain enough height using the ladders free standing. Hopups are handy for detailing the lower stuff on the sides etc as I try to avoid using step ladders if I can.

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 04:29:03 pm »
Thomas sanderson do charge a lot £600+

Ive done a few recently, they tend to take 2-3 hours thats includes inside and out and ive been charging  £100-£120 ish which for me is great money, to you coming from carpets it may not be.

It has to be said i dont win many quotes at this price as the going rate around here tend to be about £60

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 05:29:12 pm »
I can't be going to do a quote, then 2 of us turning up, putting up a scaffold and spending 2hrs (inc the put up and strip  down of the scaffold ) cleaning a conservatory  for cheap money.

we would need to knock most of a. morning out of the diary.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Matt.

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 06:35:45 pm »
Hello Mike

I done these last year started off with just wfp each square section was taking me about 4 hour ( some due to metal stucture and frames ) but the water alone wouldn't touch it. Am not saying virosol is the answer to all but this next one had been sprayed and barely touched with the brush
For about £10 5litres would be enough to thoroughly clean any sized conservatory in and out

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 11:07:37 pm »
I can't be going to do a quote, then 2 of us turning up, putting up a scaffold and spending 2hrs (inc the put up and strip  down of the scaffold ) cleaning a conservatory  for cheap money.

we would need to knock most of a. morning out of the diary.

I would guess you would want to match the income you can get doing carpets otherwise whats the point, for me personally i do window cleaning, so 2 hours on a conny for 100 quid still leaves me 5-6 hours to get my windows done, i find add on jobs fit great with windows as you can just slot them in around. Sometimes iv started on windows broke off at 11 for a conny then back on the glass. With your business i suspect its a different game.

Smudger

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 11:16:49 pm »
Mike - no disrespect but that's far too much faffing about, you only need something like a scaffold tower for really big conny's the rest can be done from the ground or a third rung  of a leaning ladder.

Prices outside only start at £75 that will be an hour for a man or 35 mins for a pair.
£130 for in/outs

we do in excess of 150 per year, usually up sell and get soffit fascia gutter cleans as well, so just passing on some experience

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

samson

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 01:02:05 am »
We are getting quite a few of these lately, not my favorait work, but with two of us can do a complete gutter, full conservatory and upvc clean in a couple of hours.       You find because your van is parked up for a bit other neighbors ask you to clean theirs.
We did three last week in the same grove.            Been using Tadgh cleaning solution today at ratio of 30-1 and it works well as opposed to the high alkaline tfr we normally use.  It smell nice too, and doesnt taste that bad either  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 01:10:31 am »
Which one is that ?

We trialled the ultra, very good on wood frames and glass but smells like week old pee

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 01:29:26 am »
Hi Guys,  yes Thomas Sanderson do yield great pricing to valet conservatories, for anyone who wants to step it up a level get involved in detailing conservatories, yes detailing has to be carried out manually with proper access equipment but the results will justify the cost, we are talking here about earning £80 to £90 an hour, whats involved all glass and pvc surfaces interior and exterior must be deep cleaned by hand then when pvc surfaces are dry you apply a pvc  nano protect product which makes them shine better than their factory finish, this nano coating makes pvc finials frames etc glisten and will hold this sheen for two years, of course there is a limited market for this detailing work to be carried out and most of these type clients can justify putting £1000 or much more through their businesses for services carried out, for anyone interested in tapping into this market send me an email to  info@jskcleaning.ie  with your contact details and i will be happy to share some ideas under no obligation.  Tadgh

samson

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 01:35:29 am »
Been cleaning for 30 years, and never once after asking for price of a deep clean has anyone taken up the offer, and I am a good saleseman  ;D

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 01:56:48 am »
Been cleaning for 30 years, and never once after asking for price of a deep clean has anyone taken up the offer, and I am a good saleseman  ;D
Hi Samson, are they letting you in through their electric gates, this is where you can yield the honey.

samson

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 02:48:20 am »
Hi Samson, are they letting you in through their electric gates, this is where you can yield the honey.
LOL, pressure washing is my love now, only take on other jobs to pay the bills  ;D

Mike Halliday

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 07:15:58 am »
Mike - no disrespect but that's far too much faffing about, you only need something like a scaffold tower for really big conny's the rest can be done from the ground or a third rung  of a leaning ladder

Your right it is too much faffing about but  I need to offer something different from the WFP companies, I want to sell my services as being something different and better( whether it is better or not, it's about how the customer perceives it) I'm looking at a price of £180 which is what I would earn in the same time cleaning carpets. Plus erecting a scaffold will take less than 5 minutes (and it will easily fit in my trailer) so it's not too much trouble for the extra impression it will make on the customer.

I'm even thinking of using my propane water heater on the van to use hot steaming water to clean with. But remember so far I have not cleaned a single roof!! So all my talk is just theory until I actually clean one then everything might change.

I'm trying to move  my cleaning out side of the house  away from the carpets and upholstery  to more PW and hopefully conny roofs & facia/soffits.

On Sanderson charging £800-£1000 for deep cleans, in my late 20s I worked as a double glazing salesmen For Anglian windows for 5 years, at the time they were the biggest and most expensive company in the UK. I sold conservatories for over  £20k when other companies were offering them for £5k. these companies used to laugh at our prices saying no one would pay so much for a conservatory. But Anglian sold 20 a week,  it's like tadgh says it's about finding & getting past the electric gates to the customers who will pay the high prices. Luckily I live in an area with lots of high end customers
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

samson

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2015, 07:31:14 am »
Mike why don't you offer the conservatory valet to your existing carpet/press wash customers.     You are more than welcome to come out with us to see how we do it.   Don't claim to do it perfect but we look good doing it  ;D

samson

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2015, 07:32:59 am »
Also if you get the van sign written with the service you will pull in the custies, we have had 7 since we had the van done, so paid it for itself.

Smudger

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2015, 11:07:53 am »
I'm not saying there isn't a market for high end, the fact that Thomas Sanderson exist and advertise on TV proves there is, however whether you can jump straight into this end of the market and make it worth your while is another matter.

If your looking to provide something different, better then your looking at things like removing end caps to clear compromised polycarbonate panels, removing and re sealing old silicone joints, etc..
Anything less is just a slower more time consuming version of just water fed pole people where you will earn no more per hour for all that extra effort

Darran

Smurf

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2015, 11:58:00 am »
Thomas Sanderson earn their money apparently installing high end products like window shutters / blinds not cleaning conservatories.

If someone is going to pay 20k upwards for window shutters/ blinds then 1k is nothing to clean a conservatory to some before they install the blinds.   ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ltfi-MmZds

On another forum a chap use to work cleaning conservatories for them and the boss did not want them to look like window cleaners nor use wfp for hard to reach bits either. I wonder why?

Rob@Blast off

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2015, 06:07:38 pm »
Just don't be quoting over the phone as I've turned up to do a "normal conservatory" that was 40ft x 12 ridged with a fall towards the house  :(

samson

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2015, 09:40:35 pm »
Just don't be quoting over the phone as I've turned up to do a "normal conservatory" that was 40ft x 12 ridged with a fall towards the house  :(
We had the same last month, said it was an average size consevatory, and it was covering a swimming pool !!!    They still havn't paid either after 3 weeks  ::)roll

Smurf

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2015, 10:12:31 pm »
We had the same last month, said it was an average size consevatory, and it was covering a swimming pool !!!    They still havn't paid either after 3 weeks  ::)roll

Classic mistake...I'm betting you are well peed off then?