Mr BSF

Re: BUILDERS CLEANS
« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2006, 09:51:56 pm »
Lisa,

Usually from sq ft, although some on here will/have slated me for it in the past, but I don’t think they do this type of clean anymore (wonder why?), measure the area/s in question, if its 50ft by 90ft that’s 4500 sq ft, then depending on the complexity of the clean ie: amount of fittings/windows/floor type/etc multiply by minimum 12p sq ft to max 25p sq ft.

A normal spec 3 bed, 2 bath, small kitchen, house approximately 1200 sq ft would be £144.00 (4 hrs max 2 people= 8hrs) for the initial clean, half for the second (£72.00) then £48.00 for the sparkle clean.

Always quote for the three cleans; if they only require one or two cleans adjust the sq ft price accordingly.

Always remember to weigh up the windows/fittings- accessibility/state etc, these are a big part of the clean and can take up the most time.

Regards

BSF

PS. Sorry I thought you were pulling my leg before, please accept my apologies.

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2006, 09:53:06 pm »
how long on average would this type of clean take?
sorry for so many questions, just need to get my head around it.
It is quite a large shop, it used to be a music shop.

keen2clean

« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2006, 09:05:13 am »
Hi tim if possible cold i have a copy of the spreadsheet as i thinkn this could eb a really good way to go on pricing.
thanks a lot
ray

mxg

« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2006, 04:15:48 pm »
Lisa

This sounds like a slightly different sort of builders clean to the ones normally discussed on here. This sounds like a single retail unit as opposed to a new build of multiple houses, flats etc

We have done a good few of these retail jobs lately and I have developed a rather sophisticated method for pricing them !

Every one of these is different so I look at the job and try to estimate how long it will take, multiply that by our normal rate and then DOUBLE it. That way if we get the business it can be either very profitable or else we are well covered in case of under estimating

A lot depends on the actual size of the shop floor and how much shelving is going to be installed - we did one recently where on the first visit the shop floor was bare but when we returned for the 'sparkle' on the Sunday there were rows and rows of shelving that all had to be washed down!

Also windows in and out can take some time - we did 3 McDonalds a few months ago and they had a lot of glass

The worst thing is that you are last in and there will probably still be a guy walking around with a paint brush in his hand. If you're really unlucky there will also be a guy with an elctric saw still genrating dust!

The worst of all is if there are staff there from the end client ie the store trying to set stock up

Hope this helps

Mick

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2006, 05:12:12 pm »
When you are qouting for these builders cleans I presume it means the outside windows aswell

So is that included in 15p sq feet price

and then the price for second and third cleans.

S.C.S

« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2006, 05:55:14 pm »
A freind of mine just built the house in the picture i myself have never done builders cleans before but my dad has do when my freind asked me if i could clean this i said yes.
To be honest i really enjoyed doing it and i would do one again no trouble.

Andy

Mr BSF

« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2006, 08:20:06 pm »
When you are qouting for these builders cleans I presume it means the outside windows aswell

So is that included in 15p sq feet price

and then the price for second and third cleans.

Yes Ian I include external windows within the price of the initial clean, but all circumstances have to be taken into account when deciding what price per sq ft to charge.

I myself within the quote exclude the external windows on the second and third clean/s, but do give a price if the developer requires external windows at a later date.

A basic 1200 sq ft property normally has around 9 windows.

regards

BSF

kate eddies

« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2006, 09:58:20 pm »
Hi could i have a copy as well
many thanks kate.eddies@ntlworld.com     :-*

sueh

« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2006, 05:40:43 pm »
Please could I have a copy also
Sue
lastingtouch@millieellis.karoo.co.uk

Tim Downer

« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2006, 09:36:31 pm »
To Richard, Lisa1234, Kate eddies, sueh and ray @ kleen2cleen.....you have mail.

Anne @ bscleaning......i could not find your email address anywhere to send you some info. If you let me know it i will send it to you.

My email address currently is leana-tim@tiscali.co.uk    until further notice that is

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

richyvezy

« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2006, 10:07:39 pm »
Tim

Got your mail mate. Very handy

Appreciate you getting back to me.

Cheers

Richy

kate eddies

« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2006, 09:36:23 am »
Thanks Tim great help  :-*

Tim Downer

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2006, 09:07:49 pm »
No worries people.

Kate.......love the picture of the baby. Think i will practice the face myself. When in doubt......  ;D  ;D  ;D

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

myvanwi

« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2008, 08:12:08 pm »
We used to work our prices out by the square foot.....However, more often or not, you are getting for example a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment at 645 sq ft....and an identical one next door at 690 sq ft. This also took us a lot of time working out our quotes.

I now use a spread sheet - which i have saved as a Master copy, and just copy and paste.... - Accross the page are headings such as:
     Kitchen
     Bathroom
     Hallway
     Per room
     Per window

Etc Etc Etc

Under these headings are the prices i deem set for each operation.

For example: A kitchen would be in the region of £25.00, a Bathroom in the region of £20.00, a hallway something like £8.00 etc etc

Down the side of the page are the plot numbers and along under the relevant headings i put in the relevant numbers: 1x under kitchen  2x under bathrooms  4x under rooms etc etc

The spread sheet has the equation to calculate the figures for my builders clean, also the price for the reclean / sparkle clean for me - around 60% of the builders clean price.

If i want to change the pricing, all i have to do is change the item price - i.e kitchen £25.00 change to £20.00 and the whole pricing matrix changes for me.

Personally, i don't know what i have just written and if you guys understand it, but it seems to work very well for me. If you like, i can email a copy to you.

Kind Regards

Tim
Could we have a copy of the spreadsheet please  houseproudcleaning@btinternet.com. Thanks

Spotless UK

« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2008, 12:07:51 pm »
Hi Tim,

Could you email me a copy of your spreadsheet please? garry@spotless.uk.com

I am particularly looking to quote for serviced apartments at the moment but I am sure I can modify your sheet. Any advice would be welcome!

Cheers

Garry.