Art

BUILDERS CLEANS
« on: March 14, 2006, 07:45:14 am »
We've done a few of these , but only for the smaller developers. I usually price them as i see them, which has always worked out ok.

I know that the norm is per foot or meter, can anyone give me an idea on curent rates when priced by the area?

Thanks in advance

Arthur

Phoenix

Re: BUILDERS CLEANS
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 08:46:14 am »
Arthur

We price them as we see them and not by the size.

number of bedrooms, Number of bathrooms, number of toilets, how many levels, number of ensuites etc etc.  You should be able to get this information from the plans, when you get the tender documents.

Regards

Graham

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 09:03:47 am »
Graham,

Your signature says that you have 5 fully equipped vehicles.  Could you say more about your fleet?

Regards,
Arthur

Phoenix

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 11:48:18 am »
Arthur

See my e-mail.

Regards Graham

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 05:42:21 pm »
Thank you Graham

Tim Downer

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 01:03:16 pm »
We used to work our prices out by the square foot.....However, more often or not, you are getting for example a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment at 645 sq ft....and an identical one next door at 690 sq ft. This also took us a lot of time working out our quotes.

I now use a spread sheet - which i have saved as a Master copy, and just copy and paste.... - Accross the page are headings such as:
     Kitchen
     Bathroom
     Hallway
     Per room
     Per window

Etc Etc Etc

Under these headings are the prices i deem set for each operation.

For example: A kitchen would be in the region of £25.00, a Bathroom in the region of £20.00, a hallway something like £8.00 etc etc

Down the side of the page are the plot numbers and along under the relevant headings i put in the relevant numbers: 1x under kitchen  2x under bathrooms  4x under rooms etc etc

The spread sheet has the equation to calculate the figures for my builders clean, also the price for the reclean / sparkle clean for me - around 60% of the builders clean price.

If i want to change the pricing, all i have to do is change the item price - i.e kitchen £25.00 change to £20.00 and the whole pricing matrix changes for me.

Personally, i don't know what i have just written and if you guys understand it, but it seems to work very well for me. If you like, i can email a copy to you.

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

Phoenix

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 01:12:17 pm »
Tim,

Interested in you spreadsheet, could you e-mail me a copy:

graham@phoenixdrivers.co.uk

Thank you

Regards

Graham

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 01:15:43 pm »
Tim,
and for me please: info@cleaningforyou.co.uk
Thank you,
Kind regards,
Arthur

Tim Downer

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 01:24:42 pm »
Sent details to both of you......

Let me know if the formula doesnt work when you change the quanties.

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

Seers

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 02:51:02 pm »
Hi Tim,

I agree that it is not always the sq ft of a plot that matters, but how many major items such as kitchens, en-suites and size of windows. Ive recently underquoted around a 150 flats based on sq ft. What I didn't notice on plans was the floor to ceiling windows across two sides of the lounge! These have proved very time consuming to clean!

Luckily, we only have a couple of flats left to handover. I can then re-quote for the next phase. 

Have often tried to make a spreadsheet based quote form, but have never been totally pleased with the outcome. If you would't mind I'd be glad to take a look at yours, my email is huw@seerclean.com

Cheers,

Huw.

garyj

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 03:31:02 pm »
Can  I have a copy to please.
Cheers,
Gary

Phoenix

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 03:48:50 pm »
Tim,

Have'nt got it yet mate!

Regards

Graham

Tim Downer

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 03:51:50 pm »
How about now Graham??

Have sent copies to the other fellow esteemed cleaners too.... ;D

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

Phoenix

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 05:06:15 pm »
Yea, Got it now Tim

Thanks

Graham

Liahona

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 05:09:16 pm »
I must say to start with that I dont know anything about pricing on this subject. However I would like to point out that I clean behind a few consruction clean up companies and they charge consideably more than that which is being talked about. Most of you know the properties that I work on so is it purely that???? Other than that I wonder why there is such a difference. Best, Dave.

Art

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 05:15:32 pm »
Hi Tim

Haven't received anything yet

Arthur

Seers

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 06:13:27 pm »
Hi Tim,

I haven't revieved it either.......oh well

Cheers'

Huw.

garyj

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 06:23:53 pm »
I got mine, its very useful cheers, thank you very much.  8)

BSF

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 06:43:27 pm »
I personally find it much better to charge by the sq ft, the developer/s will give you the dimensions of each plot, or ask for the plans; it is worth checking yourself though.

The price I charge per sq ft depends on the specification of the property; this would be at least 12p per sq ft for a very basic property, taking into account windows, kitchens, bathrooms etc.

If you charge a set price per sq ft, it takes no time at all to quote for a job; it’s just a very simple calculation.
Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 07:25:49 pm »
Also to add another view to the topic, when a developer plans to build a development, it makes much better sense for him and you to know how much you charge, if as Tim says he charges a set price for each room, those rooms are going to be different sizes in each property, for example a kitchen in a 650 sq ft one bed apartment is going to be tiny, but a kitchen in a 5 bed house is going to be considerably larger, a hall in the apartment is going to differ in size to the hall in the larger property and so on…

What I’m trying to say is: Whatever happens you need to know the size of each room, this is why the norm for new build cleans is by the sq ft, but as I have stressed it’s the spec of the properties that makes you decide if its,  12p or 25p per sq ft, we’ve just completed a 8500 sq ft property of very high specification, the charge for the initial clean (although completed over 2 weeks in stages) was £2100

Just to add: it was on the news recently that the government have stated that there is the need for 5 million more new properties in the uk in the future. 

Regards

BSF

Tim Downer

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 11:13:31 am »
pfwest, yes my prices are set - but not in stone. I have a pricing matrix for a house and another for apartments.
However, the matrix is flexible, and i can change the price of a kitchen from £25.00 to £50.00 if needed, depending on the size.

I think the different systems work well for each of us at the end of the day, and who cares how we work them out, as long as we win the tender!!  :D

Kind Regards

Tim

P.S. S.N.A and Seercleen, have sent them again...........
Tim Downer
Manager

Billy Russell

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 02:25:12 pm »
Tim, I'm intrested in your pricing system any chance i can get one please???? ;D

Art

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2006, 02:34:43 pm »
Thanks Tim

Arthur

Tim Downer

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2006, 04:49:25 pm »
Its on its way Will.....

kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

Clean 'n' Tidy

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2006, 05:15:27 pm »
hi Tim,

Is there anyway that you could send me the pricing info.

RGds
Kim

BSF

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2006, 05:25:49 pm »
pfwest, yes my prices are set - but not in stone. I have a pricing matrix for a house and another for apartments.
However, the matrix is flexible, and i can change the price of a kitchen from £25.00 to £50.00 if needed, depending on the size.

I think the different systems work well for each of us at the end of the day, and who cares how we work them out, as long as we win the tender!!  :D

Kind Regards

Tim

P.S. S.N.A and Seercleen, have sent them again...........

Hi Tim,

Yes I agree with you, its whatever works better for you, Ive been working on a small development of 3 small houses today and to be honest I now think the quoted price of 12p per sq ft was a bit low, the windows are a right pain, my wife went to view them and I worked out the price from her details.

Its all good fun.... ;D

Kind regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

Tim Downer

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2006, 05:49:33 pm »
Hi Kim.....should be on its way now.

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

lynngc

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2006, 05:53:13 pm »
tim,
can i have one also please. ;D
many thanks
lynn ;D
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.

lisa123

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 05:59:27 pm »
Hi Tim
Anychance i could have your spreadsheet emailed to me please?
Its amazing how so many people come out of the wood work when things like this get mentioned.  ;D

Thanks Tim
Lisa

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 06:59:18 pm »
Hi

We are a window cleaning company and have been asked to quote for builders clean of just the windows we are meeting a guy on monday, could you tell me how you work out your price for windows and what % do you put on top of your quotes if you sub the windows out.

Thanks Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

BSF

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2006, 07:40:01 pm »
Hi Belinda,

I’m no expert on new build cleans, but the windows are a major part of the clean, as I’ve just mentioned in my previous post, I quoted 12p per sq ft for three small properties (approximately 1200 sq ft each)  for the initial clean half this for the second, the windows are a pain on this development: bad access, first floor windows cant be cleaned from the inside, the protective film on the frames is a pain to get off, these are factors that you will need to consider when you work out a price as each development is different.

Of course some properties have more windows per sq ft than others, this is why the price I quote ranges from 12p to 25p per sq ft.

But as I have said the windows are the main job on a new build, but I have never quoted for just windows, but I would say at a guess at least 60% of my charge is for the windows on most jobs.

So if I’m talking sense, one house today 1200 sq ft at 12p = £144.00 windows = £86.40 for 7 windows and 1 patio window, but if I’d had seen the job before quoting it would have been 15p per sq ft because of the reasons above.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

Paul 
Regards

BSF

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2006, 07:50:34 pm »
Hi paul

that would make it approx £9 per window do you agree,
i would have charged probabley £4 per window but i am quoteing to clean for a cleaning company and they also have to make money on our work aswell.

Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

BSF

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2006, 08:09:36 pm »
Hi Belinda,

Yes that is about £9 per window, but as I said only on this job, its one of them.. how long is a piece of string, each job is different.

I sub out windows on office cleaning, but make very little on the jobs, only because I havent got the time to do it myself, dont undercut yourself, they are hard work on new builds, put in a good price, have a good look at the job before you price it, wish I could help more, but without seeing the job its hard... ::)

If the cleaning company is sub contracting the job, they cant or dont want to do it, be cautious before you price it.

Kind regards

Paul

Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2006, 08:38:27 pm »
One more point if a developer wanted a quote for 100 of this property type they would get them cleaned for less per sq ft, as I said Belinda a lot of factors have to be considered when quoting, as with any job, the bigger the job the cheaper they get it... ::)

Kind regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2006, 08:43:10 pm »
Thanks Paul lots to think about

Regards Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

martin19842

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2006, 08:46:54 pm »
hi there

windows, we try to get on windows in advance of the buidl clean, we can get into a plot de tape and sticker clean, to create the street scene

and then on the build clean life is easier, and then the reclena and sparkle

if the windows are really bad, then the developer will contra the trade causiing the problem.

my guys are really on the top of windows now, and it isnt really a headache for us,

windows, wet rooms, kitchen , rest of house.  it all forms part of the clean.

oh and clean out the casement aswell, and the threshold on the doors

regards

martin

BSF

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2006, 10:11:01 pm »
hi there

windows, we try to get on windows in advance of the buidl clean, we can get into a plot de tape and sticker clean, to create the street scene

and then on the build clean life is easier, and then the reclena and sparkle

if the windows are really bad, then the developer will contra the trade causiing the problem.

my guys are really on the top of windows now, and it isnt really a headache for us,

windows, wet rooms, kitchen , rest of house.  it all forms part of the clean.

oh and clean out the casement aswell, and the threshold on the doors

regards

martin

Have you been drinking? ;D ;D ;D ;D

With respect Martin, Belinda is asking for some guide on price, I've tried to explain how I price a job, it might be helpful if you would give some constructive input into how you would price windows alone on a new build clean.

Kind regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

*Chris Browne

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2006, 10:21:09 pm »
i want what youve been smoking martin, anyone understand? or am i stoned as well ???

chris

Art

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2006, 10:27:09 pm »
I thought for a minute it was written in Scottish but... nope it's not  ::)

BSF

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2006, 10:31:31 pm »
I think its 8 pints of stella artois ::)
Regards

BSF

martin19842

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 11:19:23 pm »
hi there

we dont price windows alone  on the build clean, they just form part of the build clean, not seperate at all.
anybody dealing with developers, will understand detaping and maintaining the street scene as the build develops.  our teams will go on site to carry that out, so that when we do the build clean we are ahead of the game.

regards

martin

KR1

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2006, 11:29:55 pm »
Must admit, I stay well clear of builders cleans nowadays. Its the call backs that cost the money..trade cleans are ok though.

Sara

squeaky-clean 1

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2006, 10:38:02 am »
good morning guys

when you quote for builders cleans do you send a risk assesment with your quote or do you do individual risk assesment at the time of carring out the work?

does anyone have a copy of a risk assesment and method statment that i could look at and mybe use that is aimed at builders cleans.

i do have my own but wondered if there was somthing that was more appropriate for builders clean (Windows).

Thanks for your help.
Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2006, 06:18:03 pm »
Hi Tim,
Could i get a copy of your spread sheet please?
Regards Rob. office@crawleycarpetcleaning.co.uk

Tim Downer

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2006, 06:26:53 pm »
Sorry Lynn and Lisa, have just caught up with my reading, and noticed your requests......they have been sent. Let me know if you run into problems

Will, have just sent yours too

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

lynngc

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2006, 10:52:59 pm »
thanks tim, recieved it, but need to down load microsoft spreadsheet again,
my puter  lost all my data on sunday, caught a nasty virus.

many thanks

lynn ;D
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.

lisa123

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2006, 11:03:05 am »
Thanks Tim
This will help me price up my spring cleans properly, i'm terrible at guessing how long they take.
Thanks xx

gmccleaning

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2006, 05:00:18 pm »
Tim , any chance of u sending the spreadsheet, have been asked to do builders clean need help , thanks

Eureka Ventures

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2006, 07:23:31 pm »
Tim

I too would appreciate a copy of your s/sheet when you get a mo

Cheers

Freddie
A consistently good service

lroding

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2006, 01:30:34 am »
Hi Tim,
            I wonder if I could have a copy of your spreadsheet too

Many Thanks
                                    Keith Denton  gkd@simplymaintain.com

handyali

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2006, 10:27:46 am »
hi Tim
would be very grateful for a copy of your spreadsheet too . very popular man at the mo. thanks very much  ;D :-*
email is alison@posidacious.co.uk
ta

Ali_D

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2006, 09:42:24 pm »
Hi Tim

I bet you're sorry you offered now.

Could you send me a copy for future reference please?

Many thanks
Ali

handyali

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2006, 11:23:48 pm »
i think we should recommend Tim for a knighthood !!  ;D

gmccleaning

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2006, 09:24:04 pm »
Tim thanks very much for the s/sheet very good,have u any more imfo on builders clean (going by your s/sheet should be very helpful) i second your knighthood

BSF

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2006, 10:28:57 pm »
Sorry to look on the down side of Tim’s generosity, but: I can just see loads of cleaning companies working for peanuts, I’m probably wrong, but… be careful,

These jobs have to be priced on size.

A guide of £25 for a kitchen means nothing.

Regards

Paul   
Regards

BSF

Eureka Ventures

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2006, 11:58:57 am »
Tim

Received with thanks.

Freddie
A consistently good service

Tim Downer

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2006, 03:25:28 pm »
Think i have caught up with the above requests, you should all have it now.

Looking at Pauls comment above, the pricing Matrix WAS based on a typical flat, and even if you were to charge £25 for the kitchen.....your staff should do it to a good standard within 1 - 1.5 hours. How much do you pay per hour?? Your still making good money here. Any windows in the kitchen are charged further along on the pricing matrix.

Prices for a larger house.....put the price up!!

Sorry to look on the down side of Tim’s generosity, but: I can just see loads of cleaning companies working for peanuts, I’m probably wrong, but… be careful,

These jobs have to be priced on size.

A guide of £25 for a kitchen means nothing.

Regards

Paul

You said it Paul.....

As i have said to all that recieved the sample pricing matrix.....this is only a guide....and you can change any price or % you deem necessary. So if you would like to charge £18 or £30 for your kitchen on any given site you are pricing up.....then the formula will work with it. Charge what you like!!!

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

martin19842

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2006, 03:28:15 pm »
tim

what is your email address please, seem to have mislaid it.

martin

Tim Downer

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2006, 03:31:46 pm »
Tim Downer
Manager

BSF

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2006, 05:45:48 pm »
Hi Tim,

By the way I’m not having a go at the way you charge for new builds, as you have said it’s what works for the individual.

Certain jobs have to be priced by the sq ft, sq metre, cubic ft, cubic metre, if I was asked to thermal fog a smoke damaged property, it would be worked out on the area concerned, if I was asked to clean a carpet it would be the same.

We used to work our prices out by the square foot.....However, more often or not, you are getting for example a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment at 645 sq ft....and an identical one next door at 690 sq ft. This also took us a lot of time working out our quotes.

Kind Regards

Tim

Hang on Tim, a lot of time to work out, 0.15 x 645 = £96.75 and 0.15 x 690 = £103.50
If the jobs a pain 0.25 per sq ft.

If I get an enquiry for a new build clean, I can give the developer a good idea of what I will charge for the initial clean from the size of the property immediately.

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

gary evans

« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2006, 06:27:54 pm »
Hi Paul

Just reading about build cleans, currently do sub-contract on them but want to do more on own. The question is did you say half price for second clean.

i.e.         10,000 sq ft x .15 = £1500.00. This is for initial clean

10,000 sq ft x .075 = £750.00. for hand over clean

Gary

Tim Downer

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2006, 06:32:26 pm »
Hi Gary

I dont know about the others who do builders cleans etc etc, but we used to do 45% of the builders clean price for the sparkle......but soon realised that it took nearly as long as a builders clean, to clean up again after the trades people had made a mess again!!

However, we try to get away with at least 60% of the builders clean price, if not more!!

Hope that helps and would be interesting to hear other comments on their %'s

Paul.....was not having a go back, just thought you had mis-interpreted the idea of how i price it up  ;D  ;D

Kind regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

BSF

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2006, 07:05:15 pm »
Hi Tim, Gary,

Gary yes I would normally charge half for the second clean, like I said currently 15p per sq ft is the minimum I charge for the initial clean, this would be on a basic property, in most cases I would go in a third time for the sparkle and like Tim said the property can in some cases need nearly as much time spending on it as the initial clean, but the main difference with the clean is that the windows should be ok.

In most cases the windows are the most time consuming job on the initial new build clean.

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2006, 07:19:11 pm »
Just another point, that myself and Tim posted on along time ago now, construction cleans are invoiced at zero rated tax, you can still claim back vat on all materials as they are taxable supplies.

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

Sarah S & P Cleaning

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2006, 07:26:25 pm »
Hi Tim,
I would be most grateful if you could email me a copy of your spreadsheet.
Many Thanks
Sarah
S & P Cleaning Services
Snpcleaningservices@yahoo.co.uk
Cleaning gets me hot !!!

BSF

« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2006, 08:42:14 pm »
You dont wanna be doing new build cleans dressed like that ::)

or then again you could charge alot more ;D is that you in the pic???? :o

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

Sarah S & P Cleaning

« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2006, 08:53:02 pm »
Hi Paul,
Its a pic of me a couple of years ago before i decided to start my own contract cleaning company, i heard that nude cleanings getting very popular in London i might consider it  ;D
Sarah
S & P Cleaning Services
Cleaning gets me hot !!!

BSF

« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2006, 08:56:23 pm »
They'd be very popular in Cheshire ;D I'll be ur manager :P
Regards

BSF

gary evans

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2006, 06:04:15 am »
Hi Paul & Tim

Thanks for the help.

Will read in more detail & speak again.

Currently we do a lot of Window Cleaning 3 vans fully fitted with wfp & do builder cleans on windows to some contractors, previously done some in crewe & stoke near to you Paul, for SSG but found the builders clean was not up to scratch & has everybody else looking to expand & multiply.

Gary

Tim Downer

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2006, 09:23:45 am »
Hi Sarah

How could i resist after such a nice piccy  ;D

Have sent you the sample file.

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2006, 08:18:07 pm »
tim

u smoothy.... sarahs piccy has given me a great idea for my new cleaning team

;) ;) ;)

marts

Sarah S & P Cleaning

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2006, 12:06:29 pm »
Hi Marts,
just been having a nosey at your website, may i ask who designed it for you i did my own and its embarassingly crap.
Sarah
S & P Cleaning Services
Cleaning gets me hot !!!

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2006, 04:09:43 pm »
whats ur web address sarah?

cleaning gets me hot!!!!! what r u like? is that hot sweaty or just hot?

;)

suzieq

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2006, 05:26:40 pm »
hi paul

I noticed your based in Cheshire,may i ask where in cheshire,im in flixton 5 mins from the trafford centre.

Im looking for more internal communal cleans done a few and enjoyed them,i mainly do domestic cleaning (houses) which is great all on a weekly basis.

many thanks

suzieq

Sarah S & P Cleaning

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2006, 10:39:50 pm »
Hi Mart,
HOT in the way your imagination would prefer  :-*
www.geocities.com/snpcleaning
and dont laugh at the website or else
Sarah
Cleaning gets me hot !!!

« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2006, 11:48:58 pm »
Sarah, just have gone through your web and would like to ask:

Why do you not do houses?  ???

Regards,
Arthur

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2006, 12:20:18 pm »
sarah

if you designed the website yourself, i think you've done a really good job... looks alot better than some cleaning sites i've seen which have been designed by professionals..
if u go on my site... eleventy billion did ours, there link is on there... russ is reasonable and can do it all over phone and internet.... if u call him, name drop me

marts..........ps. whats the or else lol

BSF

« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2006, 02:37:31 pm »
Hi Suzieq,

Were based in Mid-Cheshire, but cover most of the Cheshire area ;D

If I hear of any domestic work near you, I'll pass on the details, as we no longer do domestic cleans.

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

suzieq

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2006, 04:18:56 pm »
Thanks for that paul,very much appreciated my mobile no is 07799735111.

suzieq

Sarah S & P Cleaning

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2006, 06:24:38 pm »
Hi all,
We do some domestics but at the moment were dealing with a lot of office contracts and some recreation centre work thats draining our time slightly, im also not quite sure how to change my Domestic work from doing them myself to staffing them, how would i take payment from the clients without the cleaners knowing what im recieving as they leave me cash at the moment, also what should i include as part of my cut? Should i be responsible for holiday cover etc please advise ???
Thanks loads Marts for the website compliment i had thought about shutting it down but ill leave it for now.
Sarah
Cleaning gets me hot !!!

« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2006, 06:56:33 pm »
So Sarah from your reply I conclude you do work in the domestic cleaning sector.  My advice would be not to publish on your website what you do not do, as you always can reject any kind of job...

Regards,

Arthue

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2006, 07:32:47 am »
hi sarah
u are responsible for holiday pay when u take on staff.... 4 weeks paid by law... so if ur cleaner does an hour a day, 5 times a week, then they are entitle to 20 hrs paid a year..

profit margines.... i normally make 50 - 60% but thats with contract work, i don't do domestic but a frend of mine has a domestic cleaning business which turns over 480k a year and he makes the same markup as me... but there work is 5star... they even leave a compliment bag when they finish there cleans... quality of service but they charge more than £15 per hour...

have u tried estate agents and letting agents ect... thats where there work is

marts

suzieq

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2006, 03:13:39 pm »
Hi there,what do they leave in the goodie bags

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2006, 04:12:49 pm »
Hi there,what do they leave in the goodie bags

some change  ;D

just kidding  ;)

BSF

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2006, 05:29:18 pm »
hi sarah
u are responsible for holiday pay when u take on staff.... 4 weeks paid by law... so if ur cleaner does an hour a day, 5 times a week, then they are entitle to 20 hrs paid a year..

profit margines.... i normally make 50 - 60% but thats with contract work, i don't do domestic but a frend of mine has a domestic cleaning business which turns over 480k a year and he makes the same markup as me... but there work is 5star... they even leave a compliment bag when they finish there cleans... quality of service but they charge more than £15 per hour...

have u tried estate agents and letting agents ect... thats where there work is

marts

are cleaners who are under the tax limit, liable for holiday pay?

yes, whether they work 1 hour per wk or 100

regards

Paul

It's nice when we can help other people ;D thats what this site is all about :D
Regards

BSF

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2006, 05:36:29 pm »
paul

i knew about the holiday pay.. was wondering if anyone had found a hole for non-tax payers or non paye....

but i use ur good advice to help others

BSF

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2006, 06:43:39 pm »
paul

i knew about the holiday pay.. was wondering if anyone had found a hole for non-tax payers or non paye....

but i use ur good advice to help others

Sorry Martin,

Must have got the wrong end of the stick :o

Regards

Paul
Regards

BSF

TVCS

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2006, 04:32:47 pm »
Hi Tim,
Hope you don't mind me asking but, could you email me a copy of your WORLD FAMOUS spreadsheet please.
tvcsinfo@tiscali.co.uk
Many thanks indeed.
Ant
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Andrew P

« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2006, 03:59:05 pm »
Hello Tim

Would there be any chance of getting a copy too ;D

Thanks

Andrew
adpkeeps@msn.com

Tim Downer

« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2006, 11:13:59 am »
There you go Ant and Andrew..........have fun with it.

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2006, 11:16:19 am »
can i have one tim

martin@sirdal.co.uk

Tim Downer

« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2006, 11:21:53 am »
No.....not for you chap  ;D  ;D  ;D
Tim Downer
Manager

Tim Downer

« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2006, 11:22:18 am »
Joking.........its on its way  ::)  ::)

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

Andrew P

« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2006, 02:06:05 pm »
Thanks for that Tim

Really appreciate you letting me have a copy.

Regards

Andrew

marts - Martin Reed

« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2006, 02:36:37 pm »
thank you OLD boy... interesting  ;)

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2006, 07:54:13 am »
hi tim. i ould be a grateful for a copy.mark.laycock1@ntlworld.com
mark

Tim Downer

« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2006, 08:05:43 am »
Info sent to you Mark....

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

suzieq

« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2006, 02:17:54 pm »
Hi tim. Please can i have a copy of your spread sheet please,many thanks

suzieq

Tim Downer

« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2006, 08:23:39 am »
suzieq......there you go, have sent one to you.

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

arleysangels

« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2006, 11:46:48 am »
We do construction cleans and I haven't come across any that we invoice at zero rated yet.
Maybe its the case for new builds - needs checking

regards

Nora

BSF

« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2006, 05:54:49 pm »
Arleys Angels..

I’m glad this topic has been brought back, I always thought the 17.5% should be added if vat registered, a while back now I quoted for some new builds, they accepted the quote but pointed out that it was zero rated, I just agreed on the phone conversation and apologised for the mistake, I then called the HM Customs and Excise helpline 0845 010 9000 to enquire, I was told construction cleans were zero rated tax and in all cases the correct rate of tax should always be added (construction 0%), since then I don’t add the vat, I keep meaning to ring back and get this in writing, as I feel this would be wise.

I have added vat on loads of construction cleans in the past, but as I have pointed out before the builder does claim it back, but I suppose it looks more professional on your quote if it states zero rated.

One more point I will mention, I also asked if it would affect the materials I used on the job because obviously I am claiming back the vat, it doesn’t as they are taxable supplies.

Regards

BSF  ;D
Regards

BSF

Paul Kettless

« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2006, 05:08:36 pm »
Tim,

Could I also ask for a copy of your spreadsheet.  paulkettless@hotmail.com

Kind regards

Paul
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

Tim Downer

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2006, 08:02:28 am »
Paul......have sent the spreadsheet.....enjoy.

Regarding the 0% rate on construction sites.....Yes, it is 0% on NEW BUILDS....the empty unoccupied plots......However, if cleaning an occupied plot or a showflat/house, then you would add the 17.5% (or so i have been led to believe)

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

Paul Kettless

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2006, 12:08:09 pm »

True Gent, thanx very much..... ;D
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

BSF

« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2006, 07:28:53 pm »

Regarding the 0% rate on construction sites.....Yes, it is 0% on NEW BUILDS....the empty unoccupied plots......However, if cleaning an occupied plot or a showflat/house, then you would add the 17.5% (or so i have been led to believe)

Kind Regards

Tim

Thats Correct Tim ;D
Regards

BSF

Tim Downer

« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2006, 06:21:54 am »
Pheww....thats Ok then...... ;D
Tim Downer
Manager

steviego1

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2006, 06:00:06 pm »
hi tim.
          could you send me a copy of your spreadsheet thanks mate.
( VisionClear )

Seers

« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2006, 08:03:54 pm »
Tim,

What about stock plots then? When the plot has been completed and handed over to the sales department, but has not been sold?  Currently we charge vat when we clean these standing plots, perhaps we should't then as they are not occupied?

Cheers,

Huw.

anne

« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2006, 02:19:34 pm »
not been on for a while and feel really cheeky but could i have a copy of your spreadsheet tim please ::)
anne68x@msn.com

richyvezy

« Reply #109 on: August 07, 2006, 10:48:16 am »
Tim

Just come across this thread, so appologies. But seeing as we are about to quote for this sort of thing this week I was hoping I could be really cheeky and ask you for a copy of your spreadsheet.

Cheers

Richy

richard.verrinder@ntlworld.com

bscleaning

« Reply #110 on: August 07, 2006, 09:13:35 pm »
hi tim, please would you kindly send me a copy of your spreadsheet. many thanks. bscleaning@msn.com   Thank you. anne

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2006, 09:07:11 am »
hiya
Could i have one please?
I think i had one before but i cant locate it.
Cheers,
Lisa

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2006, 06:42:23 pm »
just read about the turnover test to apply for CIS cards
it says we should have £30k per partner in the last 12 months trading.
We are no where near £60k, does this mean we can not apply and go for the builders cleans yet?

Mr BSF

« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2006, 08:14:25 pm »
just read about the turnover test to apply for CIS cards
it says we should have £30k per partner in the last 12 months trading.
We are no where near £60k, does this mean we can not apply and go for the builders cleans yet?

Hi Lisa,

The 30 grand turnover test per partner or director means that if you can prove that you turnover this amount within the construction industry, you receive a cert telling the builder/developers that you are exempt from the deduction, if this was the case no tax would be deducted from your invoice value.

As I said this is only turnover generated from within the construction industry, you can apply for a CIS 4 card regardless of your turnover, this will enable you to get paid for this type of work.

Regards

BSF

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2006, 08:25:52 pm »
Hi
Thanks for the info. i have been on to the CIS people at the IR. i'm popping along to see them tomorrow to get registered. hopefully it wont take too long.

How do you get rid of all the dust in shops when the builders have been in?

Mr BSF

« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2006, 08:44:56 pm »
A couple of  big numatic vac's with brush attachment's for all surfaces, then just wipe everything down- splash of stardrops in a bucket of warm water, wet glass with this method and use a clean blade in a glass scraper for stickers, try spraying wd40 on a duster to clean off the glue left by stickers on sinks/toilets/other fittings, then wash down with the soapy water and buff with a good quality cloth.

Regards

BSF

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2006, 08:57:57 pm »
wow, is that all, will it work, thats too much info, no one else would give me a hint.  :-\

Thank You  ;D

Mr BSF

« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2006, 09:11:37 pm »
wow, is that all, will it work, thats too much info, no one else would give me a hint.  :-\

Thank You  ;D

I dont know if your being a wee bit sarcastic with your above reply..

If you are, i'm ok with it ;D

If you not being cynical please accept my apologies in advance for coming to this conclusion.

Regards

BSF :-\

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2006, 09:23:16 pm »
i'm not being sarcastic, i'm really grateful for your reply, ive been asking around for help for this builders clean and no-one will offer any advice on here.
I've never done one before, have no idea of how to quote for it, but the girls have surveyed and its mostly a dust clear up, with some of the rooms not been changed like the toilets staffroom etc, and the main shop floor area bein where it has had a total revamp.
how does this kind of clean get priced up?

martin19842

« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2006, 09:46:46 pm »
lisa

builders cleans are generally very hard work,

pricing varies if you have the plans and know the sq fotoage, and the lkitchen and toilet sizes.  that may help with the price.

how much work needs to be done in the building between the build and teh sparkle clean, thats quite important for pricing

regards

martin

Mr BSF

« Reply #120 on: August 08, 2006, 09:51:56 pm »
Lisa,

Usually from sq ft, although some on here will/have slated me for it in the past, but I don’t think they do this type of clean anymore (wonder why?), measure the area/s in question, if its 50ft by 90ft that’s 4500 sq ft, then depending on the complexity of the clean ie: amount of fittings/windows/floor type/etc multiply by minimum 12p sq ft to max 25p sq ft.

A normal spec 3 bed, 2 bath, small kitchen, house approximately 1200 sq ft would be £144.00 (4 hrs max 2 people= 8hrs) for the initial clean, half for the second (£72.00) then £48.00 for the sparkle clean.

Always quote for the three cleans; if they only require one or two cleans adjust the sq ft price accordingly.

Always remember to weigh up the windows/fittings- accessibility/state etc, these are a big part of the clean and can take up the most time.

Regards

BSF

PS. Sorry I thought you were pulling my leg before, please accept my apologies.

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2006, 09:53:06 pm »
how long on average would this type of clean take?
sorry for so many questions, just need to get my head around it.
It is quite a large shop, it used to be a music shop.

keen2clean

« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2006, 09:05:13 am »
Hi tim if possible cold i have a copy of the spreadsheet as i thinkn this could eb a really good way to go on pricing.
thanks a lot
ray

mxg

« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2006, 04:15:48 pm »
Lisa

This sounds like a slightly different sort of builders clean to the ones normally discussed on here. This sounds like a single retail unit as opposed to a new build of multiple houses, flats etc

We have done a good few of these retail jobs lately and I have developed a rather sophisticated method for pricing them !

Every one of these is different so I look at the job and try to estimate how long it will take, multiply that by our normal rate and then DOUBLE it. That way if we get the business it can be either very profitable or else we are well covered in case of under estimating

A lot depends on the actual size of the shop floor and how much shelving is going to be installed - we did one recently where on the first visit the shop floor was bare but when we returned for the 'sparkle' on the Sunday there were rows and rows of shelving that all had to be washed down!

Also windows in and out can take some time - we did 3 McDonalds a few months ago and they had a lot of glass

The worst thing is that you are last in and there will probably still be a guy walking around with a paint brush in his hand. If you're really unlucky there will also be a guy with an elctric saw still genrating dust!

The worst of all is if there are staff there from the end client ie the store trying to set stock up

Hope this helps

Mick

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2006, 05:12:12 pm »
When you are qouting for these builders cleans I presume it means the outside windows aswell

So is that included in 15p sq feet price

and then the price for second and third cleans.

S.C.S

« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2006, 05:55:14 pm »
A freind of mine just built the house in the picture i myself have never done builders cleans before but my dad has do when my freind asked me if i could clean this i said yes.
To be honest i really enjoyed doing it and i would do one again no trouble.

Andy

Mr BSF

« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2006, 08:20:06 pm »
When you are qouting for these builders cleans I presume it means the outside windows aswell

So is that included in 15p sq feet price

and then the price for second and third cleans.

Yes Ian I include external windows within the price of the initial clean, but all circumstances have to be taken into account when deciding what price per sq ft to charge.

I myself within the quote exclude the external windows on the second and third clean/s, but do give a price if the developer requires external windows at a later date.

A basic 1200 sq ft property normally has around 9 windows.

regards

BSF

kate eddies

« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2006, 09:58:20 pm »
Hi could i have a copy as well
many thanks kate.eddies@ntlworld.com     :-*

sueh

« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2006, 05:40:43 pm »
Please could I have a copy also
Sue
lastingtouch@millieellis.karoo.co.uk

Tim Downer

« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2006, 09:36:31 pm »
To Richard, Lisa1234, Kate eddies, sueh and ray @ kleen2cleen.....you have mail.

Anne @ bscleaning......i could not find your email address anywhere to send you some info. If you let me know it i will send it to you.

My email address currently is leana-tim@tiscali.co.uk    until further notice that is

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

richyvezy

« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2006, 10:07:39 pm »
Tim

Got your mail mate. Very handy

Appreciate you getting back to me.

Cheers

Richy

kate eddies

« Reply #131 on: August 15, 2006, 09:36:23 am »
Thanks Tim great help  :-*

Tim Downer

« Reply #132 on: August 15, 2006, 09:07:49 pm »
No worries people.

Kate.......love the picture of the baby. Think i will practice the face myself. When in doubt......  ;D  ;D  ;D

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

myvanwi

« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2008, 08:12:08 pm »

I now use a spread sheet - which i have saved as a Master copy, and just copy and paste.... - Accross the page are headings such as:
     Kitchen
     Bathroom
     Hallway
     Per room
     Per window

Etc Etc Etc

Under these headings are the prices i deem set for each operation.

For example: A kitchen would be in the region of £25.00, a Bathroom in the region of £20.00, a hallway something like £8.00 etc etc

Down the side of the page are the plot numbers and along under the relevant headings i put in the relevant numbers: 1x under kitchen  2x under bathrooms  4x under rooms etc etc

The spread sheet has the equation to calculate the figures for my builders clean, also the price for the reclean / sparkle clean for me - around 60% of the builders clean price.

If i want to change the pricing, all i have to do is change the item price - i.e kitchen £25.00 change to £20.00 and the whole pricing matrix changes for me.

Personally, i don't know what i have just written and if you guys understand it, but it seems to work very well for me. If you like, i can email a copy to you.

Kind Regards

Tim
Could we have a copy of the spreadsheet please  houseproudcleaning@btinternet.com. Thanks

Spotless UK

« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2008, 12:07:51 pm »
Hi Tim,

Could you email me a copy of your spreadsheet please? garry@spotless.uk.com

I am particularly looking to quote for serviced apartments at the moment but I am sure I can modify your sheet. Any advice would be welcome!

Cheers

Garry.