Art

BUILDERS CLEANS
« on: March 14, 2006, 07:45:14 am »
We've done a few of these , but only for the smaller developers. I usually price them as i see them, which has always worked out ok.

I know that the norm is per foot or meter, can anyone give me an idea on curent rates when priced by the area?

Thanks in advance

Arthur

Phoenix

Re: BUILDERS CLEANS
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 08:46:14 am »
Arthur

We price them as we see them and not by the size.

number of bedrooms, Number of bathrooms, number of toilets, how many levels, number of ensuites etc etc.  You should be able to get this information from the plans, when you get the tender documents.

Regards

Graham

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 09:03:47 am »
Graham,

Your signature says that you have 5 fully equipped vehicles.  Could you say more about your fleet?

Regards,
Arthur

Phoenix

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 11:48:18 am »
Arthur

See my e-mail.

Regards Graham

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 05:42:21 pm »
Thank you Graham

Tim Downer

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 01:03:16 pm »
We used to work our prices out by the square foot.....However, more often or not, you are getting for example a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment at 645 sq ft....and an identical one next door at 690 sq ft. This also took us a lot of time working out our quotes.

I now use a spread sheet - which i have saved as a Master copy, and just copy and paste.... - Accross the page are headings such as:
     Kitchen
     Bathroom
     Hallway
     Per room
     Per window

Etc Etc Etc

Under these headings are the prices i deem set for each operation.

For example: A kitchen would be in the region of £25.00, a Bathroom in the region of £20.00, a hallway something like £8.00 etc etc

Down the side of the page are the plot numbers and along under the relevant headings i put in the relevant numbers: 1x under kitchen  2x under bathrooms  4x under rooms etc etc

The spread sheet has the equation to calculate the figures for my builders clean, also the price for the reclean / sparkle clean for me - around 60% of the builders clean price.

If i want to change the pricing, all i have to do is change the item price - i.e kitchen £25.00 change to £20.00 and the whole pricing matrix changes for me.

Personally, i don't know what i have just written and if you guys understand it, but it seems to work very well for me. If you like, i can email a copy to you.

Kind Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

Phoenix

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 01:12:17 pm »
Tim,

Interested in you spreadsheet, could you e-mail me a copy:

graham@phoenixdrivers.co.uk

Thank you

Regards

Graham

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 01:15:43 pm »
Tim,
and for me please: info@cleaningforyou.co.uk
Thank you,
Kind regards,
Arthur

Tim Downer

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 01:24:42 pm »
Sent details to both of you......

Let me know if the formula doesnt work when you change the quanties.

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

Seers

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 02:51:02 pm »
Hi Tim,

I agree that it is not always the sq ft of a plot that matters, but how many major items such as kitchens, en-suites and size of windows. Ive recently underquoted around a 150 flats based on sq ft. What I didn't notice on plans was the floor to ceiling windows across two sides of the lounge! These have proved very time consuming to clean!

Luckily, we only have a couple of flats left to handover. I can then re-quote for the next phase. 

Have often tried to make a spreadsheet based quote form, but have never been totally pleased with the outcome. If you would't mind I'd be glad to take a look at yours, my email is huw@seerclean.com

Cheers,

Huw.

garyj

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 03:31:02 pm »
Can  I have a copy to please.
Cheers,
Gary

Phoenix

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 03:48:50 pm »
Tim,

Have'nt got it yet mate!

Regards

Graham

Tim Downer

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 03:51:50 pm »
How about now Graham??

Have sent copies to the other fellow esteemed cleaners too.... ;D

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

Phoenix

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 05:06:15 pm »
Yea, Got it now Tim

Thanks

Graham

Liahona

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 05:09:16 pm »
I must say to start with that I dont know anything about pricing on this subject. However I would like to point out that I clean behind a few consruction clean up companies and they charge consideably more than that which is being talked about. Most of you know the properties that I work on so is it purely that???? Other than that I wonder why there is such a difference. Best, Dave.

Art

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 05:15:32 pm »
Hi Tim

Haven't received anything yet

Arthur

Seers

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 06:13:27 pm »
Hi Tim,

I haven't revieved it either.......oh well

Cheers'

Huw.

garyj

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2006, 06:23:53 pm »
I got mine, its very useful cheers, thank you very much.  8)

BSF

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 06:43:27 pm »
I personally find it much better to charge by the sq ft, the developer/s will give you the dimensions of each plot, or ask for the plans; it is worth checking yourself though.

The price I charge per sq ft depends on the specification of the property; this would be at least 12p per sq ft for a very basic property, taking into account windows, kitchens, bathrooms etc.

If you charge a set price per sq ft, it takes no time at all to quote for a job; it’s just a very simple calculation.
Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 07:25:49 pm »
Also to add another view to the topic, when a developer plans to build a development, it makes much better sense for him and you to know how much you charge, if as Tim says he charges a set price for each room, those rooms are going to be different sizes in each property, for example a kitchen in a 650 sq ft one bed apartment is going to be tiny, but a kitchen in a 5 bed house is going to be considerably larger, a hall in the apartment is going to differ in size to the hall in the larger property and so on…

What I’m trying to say is: Whatever happens you need to know the size of each room, this is why the norm for new build cleans is by the sq ft, but as I have stressed it’s the spec of the properties that makes you decide if its,  12p or 25p per sq ft, we’ve just completed a 8500 sq ft property of very high specification, the charge for the initial clean (although completed over 2 weeks in stages) was £2100

Just to add: it was on the news recently that the government have stated that there is the need for 5 million more new properties in the uk in the future. 

Regards

BSF