absolutecleaning

Blower flooded
« on: March 18, 2011, 05:13:34 pm »
My auto cut off on waste tank didnt work today for some reason and I came down to my blower exhaust spouting water out.

I spoke to Prochem and then ran the machine for a while and after about 2 mins water stopped coming out.

Sprayed a fair bit of WD40 in over the rest of the day and no problems.

Prochem advised me to lube with "a can or two" of WD40 at the end of the day but would I be better off greasing the blower with a grease gun or are these two different types of lubrication.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

PS Its a Blazer

Glynn

Re: Blower flooded
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 06:00:59 pm »
The grease is for the drive / gear end bearings, don't let it get dry.
Spraying WD40 is to coat the blower lobes to stop rusting and consequent rusting of lobes together. You spray it into the lube port on the front of the machine, it's not really that necessary proving you let the machine run " free air " for a few mins at the end of the day. The water that went through your blower won't harm it.
Regards
Glynn

absolutecleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 06:26:39 pm »
Thanks for that Glynn - stop worrying about it and enjoy my pint now! Cheers

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 06:43:16 pm »
a can or two of wd40???!!!

Glynn speaks the truth......

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 07:05:53 pm »
The Prowler is designed that the water goes through the blower - its the big bits you need to stop from going through.

absolutecleaning

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 11:08:58 pm »
a can or two of wd40???!

Those were the guys words!

Dean Cudd

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 09:22:03 am »
After every job I do . I block off the vacuum port then spray wd40 in the blow lube point. then unblock the port then switch off. pack away off to next job.

wynne jones

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 10:51:41 am »
It's not going to seize up inbetween jobs, just do it after your last job of the day.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Jim_77

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 03:22:38 pm »
Yep I think you might be costing yourself a lot of time and wd-40 there Dean!

To be honest, as long as you run your blower up open-flow for a few minutes at the end of the day you barely need any wd-40.

My end of day procedure: leave machine running on idle, open vac ports, remove waste tank lid & strainer, dump waste, attach pressure gun to solution lines and jet wash the tank & filter, put it all back together and then a little WD on max revs before shut-down.  I've just about finished a large can of WD-40 that I bought about a year ago!

With the waste tank lid off, your blower is getting some nice fresh air to dry it out.

Over Xmas when I knew I wasn't going to be running the machine for a couple of weeks I removed the blower filter and gave it a good squirt of WD on max revs straight up the spout, just to make sure.  Then I got a call out the next day  ::)

james roffey

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 08:11:55 am »
Cant WD40 damage rubber parts/seals ?