Colin Day

Where's my money Mr Tax Man?
« on: April 15, 2010, 09:08:36 am »
My Tax return seen me in credit of over £500.... Happy days..... But when am I likely to expect payment ???

Andrew Briscoe

Re: Where's my money Mr Tax Man?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:17:33 am »
Colin, i got a chq a coulple of weeks after my accountant told me i was due one.

Andrew

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 09:24:24 am »
Think they now donate it to a worthwhile cause now Colin........  Mr J Hatton has a nice ring to it.

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 09:40:39 am »
Might be worth giving tax man a ring Colin, sometimes they can be a bit slow giving back.

JandS

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 09:55:29 am »
Think it's up to you to ring them otherwise they knock it off next years.
Rang them up a few years ago about an unrelated matter, after I had got the answers I
needed the woman said "by the way sir do you want your over payment leaving on account
or we can send you a cheque"
I didn't know I had overpayed to the tune of £500 but told them to send the cheque.
To this day I still think they made a mistake but I wouldn't have known if I hadn't rung
them with a query.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 05:35:40 pm »
You get a better rate of credit interest from HMRC than you would if you put your money in a Building Society on over-paid tax credit balances. ;D
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

JandS

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 06:27:01 pm »
Think your right there Dr.
Is it 5%?

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

kerrpmiddleton

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 11:45:42 pm »
 :'( hope your books are up to date every time i got tax return , ok weebit bigger than that , they send some one to inspect your books , !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colin Day

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 08:36:10 am »
:'( hope your books are up to date every time i got tax return , ok weebit bigger than that , they send some one to inspect your books , !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were done by the accountant...

John, I took your advice and after waiting for 40 minutes on hold, I got it sorted thanks.... Funny thing is, I rang the wrong number originally to the payments dept and got through straight away ::) ::) ::)