M.Acorn

Re: Where's the work gone
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2010, 04:26:37 pm »
Better than expected here ! Took Monday off to go to Sidcup,to get my van sorted 180 mile round trip,Kent got some bad snow,all done now ,phew !
Did a 3 bed today,and a red wine removal,which came out with just red rx,as in no heat.and a set of stairs,son back from uni,and didn`t reach the toilet in time,when he had had a skinfull !
2 jobs for estate agy tomorrow,done a few quotes,got a couple just waiting to confirm day,so all in all a good start.
What goes around comes around

james roffey

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2010, 05:01:04 pm »
Im glad its not just me then i had one job last week a cooking oil spillage and thats been it for this year lucky for me December was very good so put it all in the bank.

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2010, 12:05:46 am »
I have just had a job today cleaning a beer spillage in a Golf club changing room - it was a barrel that had been spilled - if they had called 2 days sooner before the beer had dried it would have been much easier and I could have extracted it without a machine.  :P

That aside it has been quite.

Mike
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

Colin Day

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2010, 08:25:25 am »
I have just had a job today cleaning a beer spillage in a Golf club changing room - it was a barrel that had been spilled - if they had called 2 days sooner before the beer had dried it would have been much easier and I could have extracted it without a machine.  :P

That aside it has been quite.

Mike

Hic..... ;D

jsm

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2010, 03:39:39 pm »
quite here but with all the snow im glad - waitng for the mad rush - but when it clears , then we got 3 weeks of window cleaning to try and somehow do .... !!

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

The Great One

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2010, 04:34:29 pm »
Hi

Just finished a clean and paint and starting another one tomorrow (3 bed house)

got to say that my dec and jan have been busier than normal but that is from marketing a few months back and getting 3 new clients (LA's)

Regards

Martin 8)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2010, 04:44:11 pm »
Got the work just can't get out, the snow has turned to thick black ice and it's getting worse.

Shaun

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2010, 05:21:30 pm »
but that is from marketing a few months back and getting 3 new clients (LA's)

Martin, can I ask what is your marketing based on? Repeat customers, cold calling, leaflets, via web site, publications.

Got the work just can't get out,

Shaun, same questions as above

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2010, 05:36:28 pm »
Old custies mostly and web.

Shaun

paul moss

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 06:52:26 pm »
Snowed in again today :'( :'( :'( Up at 7.30 with the spade but to no avail. Had to cancel work yet again. I have now booked all domestic work from Monday.
Had another 3 flood jobs today and have managed to secure them for tomorrow and Fri with the builders going in to do the prep work ready for m to dry them out.

Next week will be a better week. Fingers crossed ;D

The Great One

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2010, 08:46:56 pm »
but that is from marketing a few months back and getting 3 new clients (LA's)

Martin, can I ask what is your marketing based on? Repeat customers, cold calling, leaflets, via web site, publications.

Got the work just can't get out,

Shaun, same questions as above

Mine is direct Marketing.

Martin 8)