Shaun_Ashmore

shop front gimmick required
« on: May 02, 2005, 10:44:11 pm »
I have a dry cleaners/ laundrette shop and am wanting to put something in the window to attract interest. In a local opticians they have a small doll that gets a change of clthes and different styles of glasses and a walking stick or set of skiies or something that sets the mood of the time like it was dressed up as a footballer when the world cup was on.

Any ideas (sensible ones please) I did think of a small scalelextrics track with a car going round with washing on the spoiler stating you don't have to do this to get your wahing dry!

Or any websites that will sell this stuff.

Thanks Shaun

Re: shop front gimmick required
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 10:52:48 pm »
flashing neon of elvis presley. always stops people in there tracks used in america at loads of servic outlets. with message highlighted in abubble coming from his mouth. there is a company making them in london
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

John_Flynn

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 11:13:31 pm »
You know what I would suggest Shaun so no need to put it on here. 8) 8) 8)
I get better looking each day!!

darrenlee

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 11:54:54 pm »
hi shaun

a wallace & grommit type them, not saying use them
piece of clothing going into old twin tub then through,
sugar a dont know what there called mangle i think,
u know squeeses water out.
costly and hard to be automated.

saying something like

dont do it the hard way

or put black vinyl on windows so know one can see in
re brand shop X RATED WASH counter staff in bunny suits or leather. remember a women  rep from paper i go in said best thing on any advert to get someone to look was sex

true or false, never tried it.

darren

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 10:08:15 pm »
Yes the 2 most powerful words in the English language are

Free and the other one is Sex, I have them tattooed on my forehead but the ink must have run :'(

Shaun

garyj

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 02:21:47 am »
Shaun, your tag line " I'll have a 'p' please Carol", where is it from, what does it mean?

Could it be from Blockbusters, "I'll have a 'P' please BOB" ?

or

From Countdown " I'll have a VOWEL please Carol" ?

Just wondered, been meaning to ask for ages.

Barry Pearce

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2005, 02:59:19 pm »
How about displaying the magic ingrediant that makes the garments you clean "so wonderfull?"  Its moving, mystifying, and takes no more room than 24" x 24" x 24, £5 or less and every body will have to stop and look, its irresistible.
Barry

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2005, 06:36:28 pm »
You've lost me Barry ???

Unless you mean love and that would take up the whole shop ;D

Shaun

Barry Pearce

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2005, 08:18:22 pm »
Shaun.
This will be the biggest thing to hit your shop, you will have to have a police notice to stop the public from blocking the pavement.
First of all find a friendly plumber, get one old brass tap and polish it up, one small working water pump, one large white bowl (deep enough to submerge the pump), some fairly stiff white card, take the tap to a glass blower, or glass merchant, or somebody who does neon signs, tell them what you are going to do and they will probebly give you the glass for your cheek, you need a glass tube about two foot long, it must a loose fit into the spout of the tap, don't worry if its to loose you can always wrap some tape  around the end, you need something to couple the end of the glass tube to the pump, so from the pavement looking in you have the bowl with the pump in it, the glass tube raising in the air with the tap on top with  the spout, handle ,and thread side on,  the card will be shaped around the bowl and at the top it it needs to be 6 inchs higher than the tap and also  curved with a strong fine thread which is fixed to one side of  the card tied around the tap to hold it stabel and secured to the other side of the card, fill the bowl to cover the pump with bright blue water, start the pump and the water goes up the inside of the tube and down the outside of the tube and back into the bowl, whilst the water is running the tube is invisable you can change the colour of the water every week, there is a never ending suppy of liquid but they cannot work out how it gets into the tap, you must remember to block off the thread end of the tap and make sure it cannot be got at from the shop side, because the water in the bowl is choppy you could secure some sparkley ducks in it, you may have to secure the pump because of viabrations
Cheers Barry

Neil Mc Anulty

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2005, 08:38:30 pm »
Youve done that before :o

Barry Pearce

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 07:52:53 am »
Nr Neil
The old ones are the best
Barry

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2005, 11:46:45 am »
Shuan,

In the Paul Gorman Book how to outsell the competion, he has an example of a promotion he did for a Dry Cleaner.

Cant remember the result but it was impresive

If you have not got it I will photocopy the section and send it to you next week.

Regards

Ian ;D :) :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2005, 10:26:43 pm »
Yes please Ian, do you know I knew I would regret not keeping that book!

Shaun

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 12:34:14 am »
Hope all is going well.

Been tied up with Election could not get out of it ,

Watched all the DVDs

Now Election over will get Pink Flyers out mine is  not Pink

Will answer your profile questions next week when I have had

some sleep

Been up 48 hours. Went to two counts General and then County

Will get Photo Copy extract to you soon