richy27

Re: Which Portable
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 03:00:33 pm »
I have a cfr perfect heat 1350 500 psi although new to the job it was the best i could afford found the ninja from ashbys just as good but found them confusing to deal with they kept on tryin to get me to add things to the spk like the solvent ad on for an extra 8 hundred. find the cfr i bought from cleansmart great continous heat through the perfect heat system. Would love to have a truck mount in few years but from my perspective i spent adequate amount for the best porty i could afford leaving enough in the coffers for advertising and promoting. at the end of the day no good having the best kit in town and all it does is sit in the garage.
ps when buyin a porty always think what it would be like to load in and out of the van the weight of the cfr ph 1350 is 64 ish and i can easily load it with the top loading wheels.

Richard

Joe H

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 03:41:15 pm »
you are right Richard, those top loading wheels on the CFR made loading really easy.

the Scorpion is not too bad, I find i have to use my knee to lift it a bit, but John Bolton sent me a vidoe where he lifted his into his transit with one hand.
I didnt believe it until I saw it - and yes, I went out and did it myself with mine. Not for me on a regular basis though.

Darren O

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 03:44:51 pm »
There is a lot of hype with the Scorpion at the end of the day its got 3 vacs personally i would rather have heat and 2 vacs also i like a machine with a preasure gauge but each to there own.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 04:03:36 pm »

NiNJA 400psi Tank heater + buil in heat exchanger 2 x 3 stage vacs Top loading wheels an option to
great package and really easy to work on for servicing.

xxxx TONY  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

richy27

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 04:07:52 pm »
good point joe in my opinion the cfr as far as portys go is a good controllable machine easy to cart about looks good and most importantly of all is capable of doin a good job also combined with the 3 jet wonder wan due to the fact cause of d ( bad name in my opinion makes it sound like a gimmick) is good as an entry level kit set up as the wonder wand with its internal jets .helps to reduce the risk of over wetting for beginners. Only thing not sure on is parts availabilty but matt at cleansmart seems switched on. any ideas on the part front joe

Joe H

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 04:18:52 pm »
The important thing with the CFR is keeping the filters clean.
If you dont do that it will just stop, but I suspect quite a bit gets thro the system and starts to wear important bits inside - and the pumps will not be cheap. I had mine serviced by Matt and it was quiet expensive IMO - but it is a 500psi pump which cost a lot more then say a 100psi.

Other then that - ok

the wonder wand in conjunction with the CFR was really good.

Darren
your quote "There is a lot of hype with the Scorpion at the end of the day its got 3 vacs"
thats 50% more vacs then most other portables.
If you aint got the knowledge to know the benefits of that then I will eat my hat.

Darren O

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 04:42:13 pm »
Joe i seen you comming a mile away god forbid anybody saying anything negative about the Scorpion Joe can you not get it into your head i would rather have 2 vacs and heat than 3 vacs and no heat i would love another vac but not at the expence of a heater.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 04:54:55 pm »
Feldon

2 hours may seem a long drive , I am about 80 mins from Alltec but they will turn your machine around as quick as poss and I have been back at work by 12.30, having got there early.

Personally I like the idea of being able to go to the manufacturer as they will have all the bits.

I had probllems with parts being sent in the post before.

I would not buy a machine without a heater.

Cheers

Doug

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 05:37:57 pm »
I'm sticking with my exel and exel back up machine until I can afford a TM. It copes with anything coupled up with the scrubba tool and it's certainly better than a daft RD by miles.  Loads up onto the van nice and easy and seems to impress my customers.... That's before I even switch it on... (Don't ask!) Maybe the last C/C turned up with a daft RD!

The psi is just over 100 but until I use a machine with a psi of 500, I don't feel I'm missing out on much. I am very sure that when I do use a high psi porty (Richy  ;)) I will be able to judge better and it'll probably sway me even more to buy a TM.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2008, 07:00:13 pm »
Last porty i had was a cfr 500 perfect heat, used with the wand was great,

however, my recoil (old version scorpion) out perfoms it with warm tap water.

I do have an inline heater, but only gets used on blacktop or greasy restaurant carpets.

So its an extra cable, so what, how hard is it to plug in, a couple of mins, about same as

running a hose from t/mount to a tap.

If i buy another porty it will be the newer version Scorpion, whoever it is that sells it.

regards,

Andrew

Joe H

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 07:36:41 pm »
Its obvious that  some have hang ups about the buisness that sells the Scorpion.  The supplier provides a first class service and great backup, both hardware and fluids etc - what else can a buyer ask for.
The machine is designed and built by Ed Valentine in the USA - check it out.
http://cross-american.com/product_info.php?products_id=38&osCsid=44bf50f0306f56640801f3bb26262b24

Just because the machine does not have onboard heat DOES NOT mean you have to clean in cold water - unless you want to that is, and with the right fluids and right attitude from the operator it does that task well too.

Andrew CHOOSES to use warm tap water for most jobs but has an inline heater when he feels he needs it.
I CHOOSE to do the same.
Last Wednesday I used my Scorpion to do a top floor in a hotel cause I couldnt get to it with my TM.
I used the inline heater which was making the brass QD at the wand hot - almost untouhcable.
Could a onboard heater have done any better? - and remember I have had a CFR Perfect Heat.

So Scorpon with in line heater for me - any day.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 07:58:45 pm »
NINJA NINJA NINJA NINJA NINJA NINJA NINJA NINJA NINJA NINJABEST OF BOTH WORLDS TANK HEATER AND BUILT IN V2 STEAM MATE HEAT EXCHANGER  ;) ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

rich hand

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 12:15:49 am »
I could never give up the vac power of the Scorpion for a little heat. I only rinse in cold but one day may try a heat exchanger (hot tap water does no extra for me). Until that day I will just keep leaving carpets clean and dry  ;D

will01

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 12:16:13 am »
Bought a used ninja today. Christ I didnt realise how heavy they were!!!  :o

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 01:44:56 am »
It p*sses me off when i read people slagging off an individual or a company,

it does not matter to me who the individual, or the business is,

if they have the machine i want i will purchase it, if they give good advice, service and fast delivery, even better.

If it was prochem, hydramaster, ashbys, alltech or any other company, it wouldnt matter, if they had the best, i would buy it..

Solution uk sell it so i have to get it there.

there are some great individuals at all these companies, offering great service and quality,

most know more about the cleaning industry than we will ever know, you just have to decide what is best for you.

Think the Jamesons is kicking in now, off to bed  now.

make your own minds up, try it, if you like it, buy it.

regards

Andrew

Neil Grainger

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 08:59:26 am »
Looking at the scorpion, they are great machines, the only problem is having to deal with Nick at solutions. He give me the same feeling as when I have to deal with estate agents.

If it was sold by any of the other company this machine would be the best around but the companies rep amongst alot of CC's is very poor and that casue alot of rubbish to be said about it.

Joe H

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 09:09:41 am »
I take people as I find them - and I find Nick and his staff very helpful.
Nick will always help with any queries on anything.
Same goes for John Bolton and Steve Carpenter.

I, and many others, dont find a problem with them.

Must say, other dealers who I get stuff off like John Kelly and Matt at Cleansmart are very helpful too.

and I have bought stuff off this forums owners, Express Cleaning Supplies, and quick delivery service as well.

Lets give credit where credit is due.

Darren O

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 09:31:48 am »
I think its hard for some people on here to understand some of us wouldnt buy a machine any machine without an on board heater nobody is saying the Scorpion is crap as for using inline heaters iam on my 3rd in 4 years and when using my powermax with the inline heater it dosent even come close to the heat from my Raptor.I use 40ft of vac hose 99% of the time and my 2x3stage vacs are more than enough also my main chemical i use is Formula 90 and the hotter the water the better thats a FACT.If i ever changed to microsplitters or Mpower and heat wasnt a factor i would deffinetly consider the Scorpion but to be honest cant see that happening as i get brilliant results with F90 as i said before each to there own but some people on here dont get that.

clinton

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 10:11:55 am »
Joe

How do you find the heater attatchment for the scorpion ???

Does it get too hot etc ???

Is the service a good one then from solutions ???

nevil

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 10:19:04 am »
Its obvious that  some have hang ups about the buisness that sells the Scorpion.  The supplier provides a first class service and great backup, both hardware and fluids etc - what else can a buyer ask for.
The machine is designed and built by Ed Valentine in the USA - check it out.
http://cross-american.com/product_info.php?products_id=38&osCsid=44bf50f0306f56640801f3bb26262b24

Just because the machine does not have onboard heat DOES NOT mean you have to clean in cold water - unless you want to that is, and with the right fluids and right attitude from the operator it does that task well too.

Andrew CHOOSES to use warm tap water for most jobs but has an inline heater when he feels he needs it.
I CHOOSE to do the same.
Last Wednesday I used my Scorpion to do a top floor in a hotel cause I couldnt get to it with my TM.
I used the inline heater which was making the brass QD at the wand hot - almost untouhcable.
Could a onboard heater have done any better? - and remember I have had a CFR Perfect Heat.

So Scorpon with in line heater for me - any day.

I agree with all of that Joe. I hope you don't think I am one of the folks that has a problem with Nick and World of clean because of my earlier comment.

They are a good company to deal with, helpful and knowledgable. All I mean is that I personally am not a big fan of the whole MS and aggitate approach. ( Diplomatic incident with neighbour averted )

For me that is slowing down the cleaning process and adding time and labour that in many instances is not needed.

Anyone looking for a porty should try to buy one that has a piston type pump rather than the 100 or 135psi Shurflo ones. Not just because of the extra psi but because the shurflo pumps will not cope with with hot water in the tank if running for long periods. they tend to stop running as the have some kind of thermal protection built in. Whereas the piston pump is a much more robust unit that can run all day with hot water. 65-85 degress centigrade depending on the make and model.