Brendan B

Where to look for used machines
« on: November 20, 2008, 12:11:18 pm »

Just wondering do any of you know of anywhere that sells second hand HWE machines, besides ebay and the forum sites which are the ones I know but is there a site that sells second hand cc equipment? or would anyone sell a spare machine they have let me no ;)

russell morgan

Re: Where to look for used machines
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 01:21:32 pm »
where are you nbased brendan

Mark Sadler

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 05:31:46 pm »

Just wondering do any of you know of anywhere that sells second hand HWE machines, besides ebay and the forum sites which are the ones I know but is there a site that sells second hand cc equipment? or would anyone sell a spare machine they have let me no ;)

Ebay mate I got a cracking deal with a ninja and crap piles of other stuff.
Mark Sadler

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 05:49:54 pm »
Beware, I wouldn't buy a machine from ebay if my life depended on it, unless you can have a look at it first. I bought a back up Exel and a Spirit 1 for £950. The guy did a 250 mile journey to deliver which was good of him. When he got the gear out of the van I was so shocked at the state of the 2 machines and told him to put the Spirit 2 back in the van.... It was a pile of rubbish, fit for the tip! The Exel wasn't much better and needed 2 new motors and a pump and a service.... I was also left with a load of other junk which was of no value whatsoever! You live and learn eh?

clinton

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 09:19:22 pm »
Sometimes your local supplier will have recons and a three month ticket on it might be worth a try brendan :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 09:24:19 pm »
Have a look on ebay and filter it so you get local sellers.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 09:44:02 pm »
Brendan

I do think that if you wait till the early new year ie feb and march there is going to be some good buys coming up out there with the slowdown you will also find there will be full cleaning packages that the suppliers sold :)

Mark Sadler

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 10:13:15 am »
Beware, I wouldn't buy a machine from ebay if my life depended on it, unless you can have a look at it first. I bought a back up Exel and a Spirit 1 for £950. The guy did a 250 mile journey to deliver which was good of him. When he got the gear out of the van I was so shocked at the state of the 2 machines and told him to put the Spirit 2 back in the van.... It was a pile of rubbish, fit for the tip! The Exel wasn't much better and needed 2 new motors and a pump and a service.... I was also left with a load of other junk which was of no value whatsoever! You live and learn eh?

I took a pal with me whos an electrical engineer and he gave it a thorough once over and tested all the motors etc..

I must have been one of the lucky ones because ive had it 4 month now its never let me down and ive got the service receipt from ashbys. Boy are ashbys dear for servicing.

I aggree you do have to be beware of whats on ebay but if it doesnt feel right use your common sense that normally works for me.
Mark Sadler

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 04:02:41 pm »
The other bad ebay experience was when I bought a snail, the guy wouldn't post it so we arranged for me to pick it up..... 200 miles away. Only problem was that he was taking his family out for the day so we both agreed that he would put it in a bin liner and hide it in his back garden.
After a 5 hour journey we eventually pulled up outside this blokes house, looked in the garden and started to think that he was a championship snail hider. Then I spotted it... inside his locked up garage.... He'd forgot I was coming... He posted it free of charge in the end so it wasn't a complete loss.....

prodry

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 06:17:29 pm »
Colin

I had a bad experience with my pet snail. He escaped into next doors garden and their pet tortousie beat the crap out of him.

When we asked him what happened he said he wasn't sure as it all happened so fast..