Peter Dawson

Which glider please
« on: August 08, 2008, 07:19:23 am »
Hi guys,
I have noticed a number of posts where people have mentioned the use of gliders. There seems to be different types ie ones with holes, ones with slots. Does a glider increase air flow or is it just to make the wand easier to work over the carpet. Where do you buy them.

Cheers Peter

colin thomas

Re: Which glider please
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 08:13:32 am »
holed glides suck up more water but wont pick up much 'debris', bits of carpet fluff etc, hybrid pick up a bit less water and will pick up bits of fluff and smaller bits off the carpet, slotted glides pick everything up but will leave the carpet a bit damper still.
all of them will pick up more moisture than not having a glide but more important unless your training for the olympics and want popeye muscles, they will save you being exhausted at the end of the day, the wand moves across the carpet SO much easier with a glide.

find out the make of your wand and phone around, hydramaster is one that springs to mind but others must be able to get them, usually around the £100 mark but worth it.

colin
colin thomas

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 02:04:24 pm »
Hi Peter
I have whats called a Hybrid - its holes and slots that Colin described and yes it leaves stripes on the carpet which brush out woth a carpet brush to finish.

Green Glide is the main make I suppose, but there are other alternatives and some are very cheap. Ive not tried these but some say not so good.
Green Glide says if you not satisfied with what you buy ie hole or slot or hybrid they will swop or money refund.

Glides can be wand specific so be careful.

Glides very useful if you have a poweful truckmount but for the average portable where there is less suction its not that important to get one but does and would make life easier.... after all it glides.

derek west

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 02:22:59 pm »
can't believe they don't make them in pink, cos lets face it, glides are for girls, agitation is minimal, use ya wand. 10 times better for scrubbing when needed, and remember you cant just take them on and off when you need to.
derek

clinton

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 04:53:29 pm »
 ;D

colin thomas

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 06:12:10 pm »
derek, you are correct, glides come into there own if you have a truck-mount, if your using a portable then i guess there isn't much point in getting one,

colin
colin thomas

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 06:26:20 pm »
Colin
Derek has a TM, and a glide still in its wrapper!

derek west

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 06:39:09 pm »
yes joe, all brand new in its wrapper, it says on the side, do not open unless u are a girl. it came with free chapstick and hand cream.
derek
ps.. there still unwrapped as well.

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 07:24:55 pm »
 ;D

What was you doing buying it Derek....... contemplating a sex change then changed your mind?

mark shannon

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 07:37:40 pm »
Derek i can take my Glide on and off, they make life easier, good for health and improve productivity. IMO only a mug would be without one.

However i am a bit of a girl even use barrier cream :-*

Mark

derek west

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 08:15:52 pm »
joe
i got it for free, all part of the haggling process when getting my truckmount, along with numerous other stuff i got for free.
mark
sorry i thought it couldn't come off once on as you have to boil it to make it fit, but barrier cream!!!! i rest my case ;D

mark shannon

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 08:24:43 pm »
Boil it Derek never done that mate.  ???

I will try giving it a soak with me in my Radox aromatic bath this evening,

Paul Davidson

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 09:42:14 pm »
Am i right in thinking that a glide wont work with a wonderwand?

Cheers

Paul

Peter Dawson

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 09:46:07 pm »
Thanks all, guess the answer is to try one but not admit to using it.
Peter

mark shannon

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 10:53:03 pm »
Peter you can buy them from HYDROMASTER. GREENGLIDES, A&M dont know if Express sell them,

Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 10:56:19 pm »
Derek you've been doing this job for 2 minutes wait until you have been doing it for 20 years and you'll be saying that you wish you had listened.

If you have a TM and you need to do loads of aggitation you are doing it wrong!

Shaun

carpet_care

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 11:15:03 pm »

Took the words right out of my mouth shaun  exactly the 2 things I was going to say.

I use a holed glide and wouldnt be without it.

Regards Andy Locke.

derek west

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 10:54:24 am »
shaun
when did i say i need to do loads of agitation?
occacionally i'll get a stain that wont quite budge with a standard draw or couple of draws with the wand so iput my back into it. gone. i very rarely pre or post spot. 100% satisfied customers so far says i'm doing it very right.
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 12:08:58 pm »
100% of 2 minutes is great, I've been doing it for over 20 years.

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 12:40:53 pm »
shaun.
i'll be retired in 20 years. and i still wont of used a glide. but then i work out.
derek
ps, does that mean that someone whos been in the business for 21 years is better than you.
derek