from edge2edge

which paint for von schrader
« on: March 14, 2008, 12:19:44 pm »
Hi guys i have an old von schrader upholstery machine it works great but looks well sad.Been told to paint  it but dont know what with(please dont say a brush).I think the casing is fibre glass or something similar. Any suggestions welcome cheers Alan Turner (swindon)

John Kelly

Re: which paint for von schrader
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 02:37:15 pm »
Any polyurethane paint should be ok. If you have a local Chandlery (boat shop) near you they will have a range of colours in very hard wearing paint for fibre glass boats which would do the job well.

lands

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 02:43:51 pm »
John, would that be the same for the ninja?

from edge2edge

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 03:56:50 pm »
Thanks john i will try that.

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:37:40 pm »
Pete, I wouldn't like to try and paint a Ninja. Once the paint started to scratch it would look terrible. If your casing is scratched to bits one way of improving it is to GENTLY go over the plastic with a blow torch. I mean gently, moving the torch quickly over the surface. This can remove any minor imperfections and loose strands of plastic. Not for the faint hearted and no responsibilty if you set fire to your machine. Failing that contact a car bumper restoration company.

lands

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 05:39:20 pm »
Nice disclaimer in there John. :) Don't think I fancy that. I'll stick to just keeping it cleans methinks

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 07:26:45 am »
Alan.
Any damaged areas of the gel coat first fill with a two pack filler plastic padding or any car two pack. Flat back with wet and dry to remove shine then you can use spray cans apply a primer first a few coats flat down the primer with 1200 grade wet and apply finish coats should look like new cheers m8 Tony. ps. if you want it the same colour your local motor paint factors can match and put in spray cans for you.
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk