*paul_moss

Which forum
« on: December 21, 2007, 07:41:03 pm »
There are quite a few cleaning forums up and going now which are normally frequented by most of us.
By far this one has the most members and activity and probably the most new comers to the business, I was wondering why this was the case.

Anybody know why?
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

liahona

Re: Which forum
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 07:44:13 pm »
Paul, 'cos I am banned from the others.

Best, Dave.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 07:48:09 pm »

Best, Dave.

what all off them ???;D

prodry

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 07:54:25 pm »
I now can't log onto cleantalk anymore I assume I have been banned. Not that I care that much. I have been having a pop at there facist ways latley. I will never buy anthing more from S. UK, so their loss.

This forum is very well moderated and different opions are tolerated even if they are not always agreed with. The mods dont always have the easiest of jobs, however I think they do an excellent job on this forum.

Paul Kettless

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 08:51:27 pm »
I frequent this board, and every now and then I will have a look at scsf and cleantalk.

However, I very rarely post on cleantalk as I do not use there products, and have had blasted down my throat every time I ask a question.

Regards
Paul
Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 09:16:04 pm »
I could never go on CleanTK because although I use some M/S I don't subscribe to it's that way nor no way attitude.
I don't know what's happened to CP's the last 6 months, there was some fantastic amount of knowledge to be gained there but that dried up. Perhaps it coincided with some of the bad attitudes on here disappearing.

Mark Roberts

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 09:29:13 pm »
I use all all the forums to my advantage, every now and then you pick up great tips or reviews that boost your business. The politics does not bother me, just press the next topic button and move on.

The Oz forums and American are the busiest ive seen with some great banter and people.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 09:55:37 pm »
Exactly, which ever Mark roberts you are?

Shaun

Mark Roberts

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 09:56:34 pm »
I'm the one that takes your money Shaun  :)

carpet guy

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 11:19:32 pm »
I was banned from the c/t forum about 2 years ago, forever, apparently, although they don't remember why and niether do I.

Sherlock was still active then and a lot more outrageous than me but managed to remain a member.

Does anyone know if Sherlock AKA Ron is still around, last I heard, he was very ill.

Mark Roberts

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 11:35:04 pm »
I think Ron is on on the other side now, but don't quote me on that, no-one he used to talk to has heard from him... some of his posts were made when on medication and were were entertaining to say the least, by all accounts he owned a very successful multi van company!

M

garyj

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 11:43:46 pm »
Last spoke with him in the summer of last year and he was in a very bad way.
I presumed he died but have no idea. Do wonder from time to time. He was a pain and phoned at all hours of the day and night, but what a character and more knowledgeable about the industry than he was ever given credit for. A legend. Hope he is around somewhere.

carpet guy

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 11:50:54 pm »
I remember Ron on here as Sherlock. He came across as an experienced and genuine man, with a wealth of knowlege, but was frequently pilloried for his opinions.

On most occasions, I agreed with his comments, but had a few differences along the way.

At that time there was an " emergence "taking place and a few guys on here, took my comments personally, although they were aimed at an organisation.

ecided to edit the comments which appeared below my post...................how did someone manage to edit my post ?

Mark Roberts

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 12:18:00 am »
For sure a bit of a legend, spoke the truth when all around were to scared to and didn't care about fitting into the click, if you took the time to read between the lines quite a guru in marketing and making a fast buck. I used to look forward to his posts and the flaming that followed.

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 01:03:04 am »

Best, Dave.

so why you banned from all the forums ,,there must be a reason  ;)

Jason Hedges

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 01:14:24 am »
Doesn't take a lot to be banned form some forums!

Speaking your mind and opposing the majority will normally work ;).

Forums should be for open debate, whatever your views on processes, products, suppliers etc!!!

Long live CIU.

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 06:43:58 am »
Actually miss my little 'discussions' with Ron  ::)

I have been ejected from one or two forums in the past ................... shame i type faster than i think  :o

carpet guy

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 09:12:34 am »
Something strange has happened to my post above. I only wrote half of it and would certainly never have suggested that I'd learned anything from Nick !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is worth noting, is how very quickly things can change.

Having someone with a contrasting opinion to your own can be a great learning tool especially if they have been successful in some walk of life. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, problem is, it's usually everyone else who sees them.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 10:09:49 am »
Hi Guys

I beleive this forums strengths are.

Wide range of knowledge and opinion.

No guru types.

No agenda to sell a particular brand.

Not too much BS.

Friendly discussion , most of the time !

Merry Xmas

Doug

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 10:57:16 am »
I remember Ron on here as Sherlock. He came across as an experienced and genuine man, with a wealth of knowlege, but was frequently pilloried for his opinions.

On most occasions, I agreed with his comments, but had a few differences along the way.

At that time there was an " emergence "taking place and a few guys on here, took my comments personally, although they were aimed at an organisation.

ecided to edit the comments which appeared below my post...................how did someone manage to edit my post ?

Dear Rob, many apologies I wondering where it had disapaired to I hit the modify buttin instead of the qoute button.

So I will repeat all Forums have their place  respect to JB and Nick , Ken , have learnt a lot from them.

Regarding Ron regretably during a bad period on Cleanitup  Ron had to leave .

He reapaired on Cleantalk but I am told was a very ill man.

It appears JB knows who he is or was. as he no longer posts his worlds of wisdom.