paulchambers

when cleaning soot
« on: October 10, 2004, 10:48:39 pm »
when cleaning soot.  would you agitate citrus gel or leave it not top to do its work the carpet contains latex.   Paul

Glynn

Re: when cleaning soot
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 11:04:19 pm »
use pc ultrapac ren
Regards
Glynn

Dynafoam

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 11:07:08 pm »
Paul,

Agitate citrus gel and it de-gels, which is why the printed instructions say "Do not agitate"

On soot I would use a cationic surfactant such as Prochem A217 Ultrapac Renovate (which also has a label with words on)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 08:37:24 pm »
Hi ,

All these gels etc will thin if you shear them , psuedoplastic.

Cheers,

Doug

ecoklean uk ltd

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 09:14:48 pm »
Hi
I have removed soot with micro splitters

steve

paul@ctcs

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 09:22:12 pm »
What type of micro splitter did you use, solution number3, eco spotter or similar??

Paul

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 09:24:19 pm »
Fresh soot can be removed with talcum powder, cover the soot and leave for a few minutes to absorb the soot then vacuum with hose attachment do not touch the soot.

On older soot Solution no3 or Eco spotter are very effective lightly misted and removed with a poly-micro fibre cloth,

Best regards Nick

dave washbrook

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 09:49:41 pm »
hi nick
 i have a job next week which involves removing soot from an ottaman which is covered with material should i do as you said above mist with no3 and remove with cloth or will i be able to extract using my normal hwe the soot is from a builder putting his foot through the roof and the soot is just over 1 week old

all advice apreciated
thanks
dave 

paulchambers

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 08:42:50 am »
Nick i'll need to come and see you still when time permits . Might drop in on my way to Dorset to see my kids.

I used citrus gel and the soot came out but its a chemical i dont like using    Paul

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 11:43:37 am »
Hi Paul & Dave

Give me  a ring before you call in Paul just to make sure I'm in.

Dave very thorough pre vacuum is required do not attempt to wet clean until as much dust residue as possible has been removed you will only wash it into the material when vacuuming finished lightly mist Solution no2 and clean working to dry do not over wet the material you may need an addtional rinse using an amonia solution followed by a fresh water rinse again great care not to over wet, also be careful not to promise too much to the client as some ceiling material can also be difficult to remove.

Hope this helps

Best regards Nick