edd

which one ???
« on: January 12, 2007, 07:07:00 pm »
which porty would you buy if you were to buy again???

JS2

Re: which one ???
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 08:59:02 pm »
Well, I like the sounds coming from the SCORPION camp.

Pete (JS2)

Alan Brooker. Aqualink Carpet Care

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:08:26 pm »
Definately either the Scorpion XPS, the Mytee Speedster, or a 750 psi CFR with a seriously molested Vac section ;D

Why not the Ninja? On the odd occasion I need to get it out 'n about those 8" rear wheels are too damn small >:(

Alan
Experience does not qualify as Knowledge and Understanding.
Understand how and why and you'll produce great results.

IICRC, Woolsafe, Fenice & LTT trained.
Member of Eco Carpet Care, NCCA & Woolsafe.

Macarthur

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:44:36 pm »
Same as Alan, although at this time quite happy with Rhino 3x3 stage.
Nigel.
Orion Cleaning Services - Southampton

edd

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 11:04:07 pm »
where do i get a scorpion xps from which shop or web site or even name
plz help

dave washbrook

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:06:51 pm »
SOLUTIONS UK

01208 79450 ASK FOR NICK

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 12:21:53 pm »
Nigel, I used to have a rhino, about five years ago from Masterclean. They've probably addressed a lot of issues with it now, for instance it used to be that any water that missed the small fill spout went down the front of the machine and got sucked staight into the electrics via the fan at the front - I see Vernon has now mounted the fan at the side whereas the Speedster is mounted at the front ( little thing but REALLY annoying >:( )

Have you had any probs with yours? - Flat tyres, bow bottomed water tank (from the heat), the front hinge mounts cracking through to the inside of the clean tank and the rear slide locks allowing too much movement - which probably caused the problems with the front hinge. These problems seemed to be pointing to the quality of the body / tanks rather than how they were assembled.

I'd be glad for your feedback and / or from Speedster owners about any chassis / body problems they may have experienced.  I'm considering getting a speedster.

Alan

Macarthur

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 04:27:18 pm »
Alan, Hi there, can`t say I have had the same problems with my Rhino other than the rear slide locks allowing too much movement, and to solve this I just wound some duck tape around the centre of the catches thus restricting any movement.
Okay regarding the fan, as it is mounted on the side of machine (had the same problem as you on last portable - Truvox President).
The only small problems I have had with the Rhino are - solution valve at front was leaking so I replaced with a better double ringed one, had to re-stick foam ring back down onto inside of lid, ball kept coming up in filter (common problem with alot of portables I believe) so I pushed a piece of metal down into between ball and mesh to prevent it coming up (if you do this always remember to empty dirty tank before it fills up) and one of the vac hoses inside of machine was melting a little as it was feeling the heat from one of the vacs, again I just sealed around the hose with some duck tape, checked it again recently and was fine.
Considering the price I paid for my Rhino from Matt from Cleansmart (£1770 inc VAT)   All in all this portable has been a good buy for me so far, especially when you look at other similar specification portables for twice this amount of money.
Nigel.
Orion Cleaning Services - Southampton

spickandspan

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 04:39:01 pm »
Which machine do you consider the lightest???
If at first you dont succed.......Dont try skydiving.

darren72

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 05:48:33 pm »
prochem powermax

edd

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 08:56:51 pm »
i have a powermax and had nothing but probs and now its has blown both
vacs so i would like too get somthing new as soon as.
so which one??? has the scopion got a heater?

Mike Roper

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 09:30:41 pm »
To me the weight of a machine has to be a consideration , thats why I chose the Powermax 3yrs ago. As I'm ready for a change now the Scorpion appeals not only for its performance but also weight.
Mike

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 10:38:16 pm »
powermax cost under 2500 and made loads and loads and loads
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

trevor perry

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 01:52:28 pm »
i am just looking into buying a new ninja the one i have got at the moment is the  135psi version but looking at the 400psi one , the one i have got has been excellent and never let me down in seven years i was just wondering what is the advantages of the scorpian over the ninja because looking at the picture of the scorpion it seems to be a bit clumbersum and not as manouverable as ninja , the scorpion weighs 86 pounds does anyone know the weight of the ninja.
 any comments on either machine will be appreciated
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

des

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 02:20:17 pm »
Dont let the looks fool you the scorpion is one of the lightest machine,s i have ever had and it is not hard if you needed to take it up stairs (flats etc)
des at mister clean

spickandspan

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 05:04:51 pm »
What is the weight of a scorpion????
I am looking at buying a new machine does anybody have anything to say bad about it.
If at first you dont succed.......Dont try skydiving.

stevegunn

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 06:02:32 pm »
Personally I thought it looked a bit flimsy

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 07:51:40 pm »
the scorpion weighs 86 pounds does anyone know the weight of the ninja.
 any comments on either machine will be appreciated

The Scorpian I haven't got although If money were no object I'd get one for the hell of it. A V8 in a GO KART chassis ;D. Very light but I just dont think I could let an up market client actually see it without trying to explain that it isn't really a multiple Kinder egg kit ;D

The top spec Ninja I do have. It's a fantastic piece of kit, well designed, very well built but I wish they'd come up with a way to fit BIGGER WHEELS >:( :'(                            If the Scorpian weighs in at a featherweight 86 pounds then the ninja 400psi with V2 has got to be considered a heavyweight Mike Tyson that's out of training and been enjoying a few burgers on holiday..... ;)

I reckon either one's a safe bet to be honest

Alan

edd

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 08:21:11 pm »
i still fancy the mytee anyone else convert me to the ninja 400/500