davep

Where to deliver leaflets?
« on: July 07, 2006, 04:59:42 pm »
G'day,

I am about to start delivering leaflets for cc myself soon..  I see that there are different response rates on here, like 0.2%-2%..

Liverpool has many different kinds of areas, terraced houses where there isn't so much disposable income and the more well off areas..  I could deliver 4 times the leaflets to the terraced ones..

What would be the best area to target for the best redsponse?

nick p

Re: Where to deliver leaflets?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 05:02:39 pm »
hi

i find the new looking housing estates work well

cheers nick

chemoclean

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 05:06:59 pm »
The question is What are the quality of your leaflets like?
Are they cheap 80gm one colour with little information with loads of special offers or are they 150gm glossy informative leaflets?

If they are the later then go for the up market areas where people have disposable income. If they are cheap, then just go local and hope for the best.

To attract work in you, your company and your advertsing literative needs to look professional at all times - I hope that you have adopted this image.

Jim

davep

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 05:10:44 pm »
Thanks Jim.  I am in the process of designing a leaflet now.  No one on here seems to want to share the secret though!

Im going for an eye catching logo, freephone, and no jargon just facts.  Maybe a referal reduction and oap discount.

gwrightson

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 05:53:20 pm »
Dave, How wrong you are,
their is lots of info on here regarding leaflets, i suggest a search may help,
another point terraced housing, as you pointed out can be leafleted alot faster if you are aiming for the lower end of the market, go for it. having said that just because they terraced doesnt mean to say they want cheapo,s.
and dont beleive the figures of 2% return , them that quote these figures have been eating to much cheese ;D  ;D and as they say cheese makes you dream.
 Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 06:38:15 pm »
unless you live in the crapest part of town you need to walk out of your door and start putting out leaflets, what would you rather do, travel 2mins to clean a carpet in the next street or spend 80mins traveling across town ( and back)

in you live in an average populated area there is enough work within 2 miles of your home to keep you busy for a lifetime,

Mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

chemoclean

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 06:47:01 pm »
Why not ditch the leaflets and put small adds under 'tradesmen' in your local paper.

davep

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 07:01:03 pm »
Will do but as just starting need to see what works and what doesn't..  Any do's and dont's for leaflets and marketing?

davep

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 09:54:05 am »
Would it be an idea to have a small part of leaflet saying how to deal with different spills, so then the customer is more likely to pin it up somewhere?

the red carpet

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 04:26:37 pm »
I like newish private housing estates myself, go for the ones with plenty of 3-4 bed houses, and your in buisness.

These new homes are pretty up to date inside and that means lots of leather suites and wood flooring, but were there is carpet you can pretty much guarantee it is cream or light coloured, and if they have large homes they have kids, and kids and cream carpets dont go together.

These type of customers are usually pretty house proud as well so you usually get called in to clean before they get to trashed.

All in all good customers to have, plenty of repeats to be had with cream carpets as well.