john leigh

Which machine?
« on: March 12, 2017, 01:58:38 pm »
Hi, I'm looking to get a new portable machine. Currently have a 5year old Ashby's Enforcer. What machine would you all recommend? Thanks

john martin

Re: Which machine?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 02:11:19 pm »
How about another enforcer  :) what makes u want to change .there might be a different spec version that better suits u . I have one three years , I can't buy anything else , what else can be left out in the rain , has good loading system , bomb proof construction , unless u hate dealing with Ashby's I'm not sure what you'd gain with a different machine .

john leigh

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 02:14:11 pm »
Thanks, we're thinking of another enforcer, but thought it was worth looking around to see how others compare. thanks for your comments.

dek

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 10:22:53 pm »
Enforcer is a great machine . Ashbys are a little difficult to get telephone advice in the event of a minor malfunction .Only my opinion.

tim handley

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 10:41:38 pm »
see heres the thing, i love the look of the enforcer, i really do. It just seems every other post about customer service has a big but attached, i dont get buts with cleansmart or any other  companies ,  i know we all have problems now and then but generally speaking they are sorted, however there always seems to be an issue with ashbys. I have bought chems from them no issues, prompt deliveries, fantastic  chems, but in terms of buying a machine ive heard so many whispers about customer service.
Maybe somebody can put this to bed for me?

john leigh

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 08:17:49 pm »
Thanks Tim, we really like the machine too and there's been some improvements since we had ours so hopefully a lot of the issues we've had should of been fixed. Agree customer service can be hit and miss depending on who answers the phone. We always ask for Derek, he's knowledgeable and trustworthy.

Miles Luckett

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 03:59:39 pm »
Let me know if you're gonna sell your machine!  8)

Angelo

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 08:12:31 pm »
Alltec  have great machines  and great custmer service .

scott aird

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 08:51:51 pm »
Alltec  have great machines  and great custmer service .

totally agree

swanson

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 05:01:51 pm »
You can't go wrong with the Jags 8.4 And the Cub
Best portable machines on the market today
Blow the enforcer out of the water

john martin

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 06:32:06 pm »
You can't go wrong with the Jags 8.4 And the Cub
Best portable machines on the market today
Blow the enforcer out of the water
Swanson  ...   everyones opinion is valid  ...  but ... i can pretty much guarantee u have never owned an Enforcer , and most probably never seen one up close let alone used one .
What , your a window cleaner who keeps a cub spotter at the back of the van for the couple of carpets u might get asked to do in the week .   And youv being told on CT your machine is  more powerfull than xyz    ::)roll   
If you ever become a full on carpet cleaner then might come to appreciate machine quality , design , ergonomics , power , heat

swanson

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 07:53:49 pm »
For your information  I've been cleaning carpets  full time  as well as cleaning windows for quite a few years.
Yes I do own a Cub  which is more then just a spotting machine
And is more adequate then a lot of machines out there.
I'm aloud my own opinions  so why don't you get off your high horse.
I no quite a lot of carpet cleaners with enforcers and I don't rate then  ( just my opinion)

john martin

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 09:30:43 pm »
Its just u posted a pic of your van a few posts back  ...   and its all full of nice window gear , but not a hint of carpet cleaning 

just to show yours and mine in comparison below  ...  im sure id value your opinion on window cleaning  ... but not so much on which portable is best for carpet cleaning    ;D

swanson

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 07:30:06 am »
Fair play

swanson

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 08:03:33 am »
Also you will notice there's quite a lot of room at the front
That's were I keep my Cub , Tm3 , sebo , hoses , chemicals ,wand etc etc