mark_roberts

Which Portable
« on: January 18, 2016, 10:08:27 pm »
Ive been out of the portable loop for a while and its time to buy another.

Its to be used as a backup to the TM BUT I'm aiming for a second van and like the idea of using it van mounted up to 100ft of hose.

Currently using a scorpion 3 vac machine with no heat.  Its loud and carrying buckets is still a pain.

So questions as follows:

1) what is the most powerful vac configuration available for running 50-100ft. 

2) how does the above compare to my 3 vac scorpion

3) does auto dump really work and how.  Id want to be using it on every job

4) whats the options with heating the water in the machine.  I don't want a third cord or a external inline heater.

5) does anyone use little giant heaters or similar and if not why.  Any legal issues over here?

6) ive seen people using zeta heaters.  Whats the pros and cons on these

7) is the enforcer really shower proof as that's a nice touch but are we talking a 5 min shower or Irish 5 hours showers.

Thanks lads
Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Which Portable
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 11:02:30 pm »
Mark Blazey has a machine mounted alltec and had a storm before that.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 07:53:43 am »
you dont like the scorpy any more? if this is not the case then there is no machine stronger then scorpy, as scorpy is 3 motors and storm is two 6,6 which is actually the same, maybe scorpy is even a bit stronger.
if you can get waste water check valve/hose from the storm from cleansmart then you have auto empty, fit the immersion heater if you like and also you will be able to fit remote as well.

mark_roberts

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 08:29:53 am »
So is two 6.6 or two 8.4s not giving more power?

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 06:23:41 pm »
i dont know 8.4 but 6.6 not
even if a bit, is it worth for you to spend more  money? Dont think so. I got Storm because I dont like scorpy, crapy machine, but not when we talk about suction.  So if you happy yourself with scorpy then just do some modifications.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 06:25:03 pm »
i dont know 8.4 but 6.6 not
even if a bit, is it worth for you to spend more  money? Dont think so. I got Storm because I dont like scorpy, crapy machine, but not when we talk about suction.  So if you happy yourself with scorpy then just do some modifications.

unless you want to buy machine with 2 x 6.6 + 6.6 booster, on two cords you can run storm and booster.

john martin

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 08:51:57 pm »

7) is the enforcer really shower proof as that's a nice touch but are we talking a 5 min shower or Irish 5 hours showers.

Thanks lads
Mark

Any weather ,  all day long

mark_roberts

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 11:51:56 pm »
John

As you seem to be the vac expert, which configuration is the most powerful

3 vacs
2 x 6.6 vacs
2 x 8.4 vacs

Cheers
Mark

john martin

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 12:31:33 am »
John

As you seem to be the vac expert, which configuration is the most powerful

3 vacs
2 x 6.6 vacs
2 x 8.4 vacs

Cheers
Mark

I like four vacs series/parallel these days buy no point going there as none available to buy  ...

There is not a great difference between any two of the better vacs combined , so perhaps pick the machine with the best features for you .

The 8.4 only have about half a HG more suction than the 6.6  , the 8.4 is still a few hundred to buy here but the 6.6 is selling for as little as 99 these days so thats comforting from a replacment point of view .
Also thers no modern designed machine using the 8.4 here yet  ...

You should try and test out  the various machines available and see which suits you or have the best features

The Enforcer is now also available as a parallel 6.6 two cord so if u came from a high airflow setup a twin 6.6 might feel similar to you .  The standard in series Enforcer gives u the option of one cord convience and good heat on cord two .

the Storm ...  no one have ever being dissapointed so u can go wrong there

The alltec evolution , some clever combining of heat and good vacs on two cords might meke it a great allrounder .

Its really hard to say which is the best , there is no real standout high performance suction machine available really ,
but most of the better ones available should be good for 100ft using two inch .

Ian Harper

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 06:38:38 am »
"Currently using a scorpion 3 vac machine with no heat.  Its loud and carrying buckets is still a pain."

The old two vac CFR 500, the heat is great, hoses are best on market. wand is just so cool, and if you use a TM the the productivity is great.

stuart_clark

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »
I have a three year old Scorpion and a Storm, I prefere using the Storm over the scorpion but I know the Scorpion is more powerfull
The Storm has more lift, but I think the airflow is about 287 but I am sure john martin knows better and will correct me ! The Scorpion has 325 cfm and you can tell when you are using both machines side by side, that the scorpy is the more powerfull one, saying all that, the you can't rely on the vacume shut offs working if its left in a van, its all very well if when you are working you can see the scorpion as its recovery tank is translucent and you see the recovered water rising in the tank, so you know when to switch it off, its a bit priastoric in my oppinion buts thats how it is, The storms build quality is by far superior and has an excellent shut off system so it can be left in the van with the knowledge that water won't enter the vacs, its also got a gravity pump out system, no filters to clogg as they always did in the jag and the Storm is remote controll , so after cleaning a few carpets its merely a case of switching the machine off via the remote and the recovery tank automatically emties

mark_roberts

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 12:23:16 am »
Cheers Stuart.  How did your jag with the 8.4 vacs compare with the 3 vac scorpion and storm with its two 6.6 vacs

Heading over next week to the Alltec tilemaster day so will see their machines and will take run up to cleansmart too.