SimonW

Which one will be more efficient-suitable?
« on: March 02, 2015, 10:12:09 pm »
Is Oreck Rotary or Sebo Duo better for most domestic jobs?
I am at conclusion which one should I pick up.

Any advantages or disadvantages as well as suggestions more than welcome.

Thanks

Radek Jablonski

Re: Which one will be more efficient-suitable?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 10:15:26 pm »
oreck orbiter

stuart_clark

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 10:19:23 pm »
Simon

the sebo is easier to use, the thing against it is its weight, had it been 5kg heavier it would of been a much better animal, ive had an oreck and a cleanfix but sold them on as they weren't much cop, a cheap slow speed rotary would be much better

dan paton

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 10:23:16 pm »
Between the duo and the Oreck I would go Oreck . Much better, especially with a green brush but Stuart makes a valid point. A 15" slow speed rotary would be good too

SimonW

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 10:27:05 pm »
@ Radek

Could you please expand your choice? what made you pick Oreck ?

@Stuart

Thank you for yours summary.
From what I've caught up there is no point investing money onto sebo or oreck either.
Cheap slow speed rotary such as Numatic HF1515 150rpm makes a sense as I saw great deal at Ashbys website?(as an example. don't have to be brand new)

neil 47

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:27:30 pm »
I've got a rotary had two Sebos a and have a oreck .

If I had to choose one it would be the oreck with the right attachments .

It's more Versatile scrubs with green brush , bonnets with pad is great on stairs and is far better built than sebo which will last about 2 years if your lucky .
IICRC

SimonW

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 10:29:25 pm »
I might find myself lucky listening few Cleanitup Gods hah.

Thank you all for replies.

robert stubbs

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 11:10:32 pm »
Rotary machines can leave swirling and distortion,Oreck with it's orbital action does'nt.

Rob

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 11:53:14 pm »
simon, love it on stairs as no need to bend, no need to clean brushes constantly, more robust, many more uses like light tile cleaning

tim handley

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 08:05:03 am »
orek/floor mac is brill on stairs and good for agitation in small spaces, wouldnt bother with the sebo, waste of time in my opinion, sold mine....

Robin Ray

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2015, 08:15:06 am »
I don't have a oreck but have a sebo and various rotarys. I use both, usually the sebo on cut pile domestics and the rotary with a shampoo brush on restaurants or for encap or to bonnet off after hwe. If i had to choose one over the other for residential agitation I would go for the sebo as even a lightish 15" slow speed is unmanageable in a crowded domestic situation, is a pain to lug around and also the sebo lifts the pile better. However both machines have their uses.

ShaunL

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2015, 11:26:47 am »
can the oreck be used on any carpet or are there limitations?

neil 47

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 03:33:19 pm »
Any with the right attachments .
You could make a pt wage with one and some encap quite easily
IICRC

stuart_clark

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 05:56:22 pm »
If I was in the market for a conto rotating agitator I would go for an envirodry or a TDM  propper tools not toys

Stuart

peter maybury

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 08:49:37 pm »
The problem with any rotary is that is just rotates in one direction flattening and swirling the pile. CRB machines are far more effective, but the sebo is a little puny to do t he job well. You need to be looking for a TM4 or rotowash or something else that has the weight and power to do the job properly. You will be surprised at how much crud an effective CRB will actually bring out of the carpet. Lots of sand and grit is removed from the pile and the pile is lifted and opened up, instead of being flattened. This makes the extraction process far more effective.
Peter

SimonW

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 06:13:24 pm »
In the end I bought bergain XL Oreck and i am more than happy as its going to be great addition for my running business.
I am at the beginning but as seen many videos and feedbacks its surely good stuff and wasn't that cost effective.

Tony Stewart

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 06:28:29 pm »
 Peter is spot on and if you have a sebo or an oreck then so be it - but when you have a TM4 the difference is huge. You can see the pile being lifted especially around where people sit and flatten the carpet.
Without wanting to convey the wrong message I had a white wool mix carpet in a third floor flat to clean and couldn't rely on the grunt of a truckmount to help me out. I used a TM4 and a portable and did the job. I would hate to think what result I would have had with just a brush. Hats off to porty guys! ;)
Starts at the bottom likes it and stays there