Dynamall
Revive iT
Surround
Releasit
Other - Please post what

Richard Cole

Which Encap / LM Chemical? Poll
« on: November 15, 2014, 07:05:15 pm »
I have used a couple of the above, Fusion Clean and Dynamall, running low and got another office clean coming up just wondering which everyone thinks is the best encap or lm chemical for office carpet cleaning as i have not done much commercial carpets to date but looking to find what works best for me.
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

David Ware

Re: Which Encap / LM Chemical? Poll
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 08:11:21 pm »
Environ is a good product, dilution and cost per RTU gallon. I must have tried them all which you will have to, too make your our mind as to which is best. If you use a supplier for other cleaning products then sometimes its best make one order with that supplier.
ps all the products that you have mentioned I honestly could say any were no good.
David 

stuart_clark

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 10:58:22 pm »
I get most of my chemicals from Restormate (John /Lyn Kelly) Chemspec, Prochem, Craftex, Dynamall ect, a one stop shop with realy good serivice why go elsewhere?  Ive tried most encapps but always come back to Dynsmal, its economicle , works realy well and has a nice smell unlike most of the other Hydrogen Peroxide products

Stuart

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 12:38:00 pm »
i tried Rotobrite 2 on Friday and was impressed - only tried it once so far though

Richard Cole

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 01:16:16 pm »
I had fairly good results with both Fusion Clean and Dynamall although did not like the smell of Dynamall it was a bit overpowering for me although not sure if formula has been changed since i brought it late last summer (2013) I want to try at least one more product before i decide to go with in the longer term  but obviously don't want to purchase every available product on the market.

mark shannon

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 01:56:36 pm »
Chaps you have to try DS2 far and away the best encap product.

stuart_clark

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 02:01:10 pm »
The thing with Dynamal is, if its airborn through a sprayer then you get choking problems ! But when used through a pad  say on a chemstractor or a cimex machine there isn't a problem,  I have quite an armory in my garage of encap chemicals from Chemspec , Releasit and Dynaman,  although when I have depleted all of my stock I will stick with Chemspec and Dynamal as they work for me

Stuart

dan paton

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 03:46:21 pm »
Richard I reckon there's a clear winner in your poll :)

heritagecleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 03:54:23 pm »
I recently requested some Releasit samples from CSUK. Didn't get any though.

SteveAllan

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 04:00:26 pm »
Richard the new dynamall smells better. I have been using Surround and it's very good and a great smell, also worth a try.

stuart_clark

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 04:30:29 pm »
I too have used the new suround confidence but it isnt a patch on Dynamal,
Dynamal dilutes at 30 to 1 costs £27 plus vat for four litres,  all the others are more expensive for less product! Thats why Dynamal is a clear winner !!!!!

mark shannon

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 04:53:04 pm »
DS2s 1/32 a fiver more for 250mls less product, doesn't smell as nice as Dynamall buts a better cleaner.

stuart_clark

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 05:03:24 pm »
DS2 is £5.95 more expensive than Dynamal plus vat for 250 ml less product, I use both products all the time and DS2 is good but doesn't have the stain removing hydrogen peroxide in it like Dynamal

Stuart

stuart_clark

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 05:05:01 pm »
Mark

how are you using DS2 and Dynamal ?

Stuart

Kevin OBrien

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 05:29:07 pm »
Got this off the site Months ago forget who's it was, I found very helpful

Looking at the main encap products I have used the difference between them is in their make up.

Dynamall contains detergent, deodoriser, copolymer protector, oxi booster (5%) and the encapsulation polymer

Surround contains detergent, encap polymer and perfume depending on version

Prochem Procaps - as Surround, Woolsafe approved.

Chemspec Rotobrite 2 - Detergent, encap polymer, hydrogen peroxide (5-10%)

HOS Environ - High Surfactancy for zero dwell and greasy soil, hydrogen peroxide (?%) encap polymer. CRI approved.

Releasit Hydrox contains Encap polymer, Hydrogen Peroxide (10%) & Detergent. It is also further on the acid side of the pH scale (3.5) making the additional booster more stable in the bottle and effective on problem acid side soils, its Crystalon HP polymer is different from the regular Crystalon 3 in the rest of the range to make it more compatible with the oxidiser for improved cleaning.

If protector is required it can be applied afterwards.

Why one worked better than the other will be down to the above factors/features of the product and obviously the carpet & soil type.
Obviously there is only so much "space" in concentration for each ingredient so choosing what you actually need for the job will determine what to use.

Dynamall gives you a bit of everything thrown into the mix making it a great all rounder.

The Releasit range lets you tailor what you actually require to get the maximum performance.

Basic - Straight cleaning and encapsulation (no perfume or protector) 1:16 or 1:32 dilution
DS1 & 2 - Double Strength with Flurochemical Protector, Tea Tree Extract 1:32 dilution
Bio - As DS1 & 2 but no protectoe and EDFA approved
Punch - Surfactant loaded for greasier areas and zero dwell time, Protector, Tea Tree Extract variable dilutions as a pre-spray (before DS2 or Basic), Extraction Rinse, Spotter, Bonnet Cleaner (doesn't foam like the others so better for spray application), Upholstery Cleaner (synthetics) CRI approved.
HydrOx - Cleaning & Encapsulation (acid side) with peroxide booster. The favourite for wool carpet, organic soils & spills and upholstery cleaning.

Surround, Procaps, Releasit Basic, Punch & DS2 could all be boosted with Sodium Percarbonate (Chemspec Energizer, Prochem Oxibrite, Craftex Energybryte) if desired. Not something I have found the need for with the Releasit range.

mark shannon

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 06:31:33 pm »
With a Cimex Stuart to be honest only tried Dynamall on a few jobs will order some more from John and test it more thouroughy. Not sure HP is necissary in most situations.

stuart_clark

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 06:48:05 pm »
Mark

stick with what suits you best mate, I find that any chemical will clean carpets with a  cimex

Richard Cole

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 07:23:26 pm »
Thanks Kevin that is a great help. 

I've decided to try Dynamall again as i only had a little bit left from last time but dare say i will try some of the others over time. I like the look of the Releasit range too so might plump for that next time.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 10:42:52 pm »
I recently requested some Releasit samples from CSUK. Didn't get any though.

When was that? As far as I know we only have two requests for samples. One for Hydrox and one for Punch.

The product only came back in stock on Wednesday last week after quite a wait and we have been working through the backlog of orders.

Over 150 boxes shipped in one day last week!

If you can forward your details/requirements to me jamie@cleaningsystemsuk.com I will progress it tomorrow when I am back in the office.

stuart_clark

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 11:13:43 pm »
To be honest when I spoke to jamie for the first time earlier this year he kindly sent me quite a few free samples of releasit encap products, cant knock the service of his company and its not his fault if he sells out because the products are so popular

Stuart