Darran Pryce

Anyone used Surround
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:08:29 pm »
for encap?  If so what results have you had from it.

Thanks
Darran

Paul Redden Countryfresh

Re: Anyone used Surround
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 10:10:35 pm »
Have used surround on common area's, was using a pad, but got a better result with a brush. Had to take
a small hwe machine for wicked up stains and a few stubborn marks, good results and nice smell, but
haven't used dynamall to compare
"So basically its a big vax!"

John Klucznik

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:32:06 pm »
This is what they say in the states.

http://bonnetpro.com/encapsulation/forum.html

http://bonnetpro.com/encapsulation/uscleaners_ultra_brightall.html

Not trying to disrespect this forum. Just trying to off answers to the question.

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 08:17:04 pm »
I will soon find out! Normally use Dynamall! What happened to the smell bring it back!!!!!
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

stuart_clark

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 12:08:39 am »
Len

I use a fair amount of Dynamal but get complaints about the odour,  after speaking to Lyn Kelly today she tells me thay have reduced the smell which I think is good news as the stuff works brilliantly
so watch this space I have a fair ammount of commercial cleaning to do in the next 6 weeks

Darran Pryce

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 07:48:23 am »
Stuart, your right about the smell.  The smell was that strong it made people cough.  We did 12000m2 of office space a few months back, used dynamall, made everyone cough, including me and my operators!

Smell is great and lasts a long time, but more importantly the finished product is excellent.  Just expensive an expensive encap product.  If they doubled the strength then well worth it.   

stuart_clark

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 10:09:23 am »
I think Dynamal now is one of the most economic encaps on the market! @ £25 for 4  litrees compared to surround which is £29.99 for 3.78 litres and releasit starts from about thirty quid and goes anything up tu £40  saying that I have'nt used releasit so maybe I shoukd not comment on it
got some large offices to clean next week and armed with the new less punjent Dynamal I will have to see how it performs, I use it at 10 to 1 prespray and ten to 1 in the bucket also not sure what other folk use it ?

Darran Pryce

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 10:25:11 am »
You will get more value for money with surround... Surround is Super Concentrated!  http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/0006l&ViewAction=ViewProduct

I'll try some see what it's like.  We have some NHS offices to do in a few weeks.

stuart_clark

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 07:48:21 pm »
The thing with Dynamal, its got hydrogen peroxide and that  helps greatly with the likes of tea/ coffee stains

mark_roberts

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 10:18:39 pm »
Stuart

How do you use it?

Prespray I get but whats the bucket for??

Is this using a cimex or rotary with a tank?

Pads, bonnets or brush?

Just curious.

Thanks
Mark

stuart_clark

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 11:37:26 pm »
Mark

after a thorough vacume of floor covering, the carpet is conditioned eith hot Dynamal at 10 / 1 then left for about 5 mins to dwell then the bonnet is  absorbed the same chemical  from the mop wringer at the same dilution rates , I Always find that bonnt cleaning using this method you will achieve much better results as the bonnet does not dry out and the chemical given a five min dwell time  makes all the difference ! Certainly with Dynamal as its peroxid
e basec

JandS

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 09:58:34 am »
I've always used it as pre spray and brushed in and left.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

cannon

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 11:10:11 am »
I believe you can boost surround with some sodium percarbonate if required.

stuart_clark

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 08:10:12 pm »
Dynamal is already boosted with Hydrogen Peroxide

John Klucznik

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 09:06:46 pm »
Bonnet Pro, the makers of Surround now offers a hydrogen peroxide based encap called Revive iT Confidence and it has a tropical berry scent that is very pleasant and mild.
Here is the link.  http://bonnetpro.com/encapsulation/revive-it.html

Maybe NSL Restormate will bring it in if you request it.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 09:09:06 am »
If you look at the concentrations/dilutions of Releasit and Surround you will see that they are much higher than other products on the market making their cost in use much more favourable.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2014, 09:18:21 am »
oh, yeah then there is HOS Environ which can run up to 1:128 if situations allow.

*Hector*

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2014, 09:30:57 am »
I use Environ at 1:64 as standard dilution rate, and 1:32 if carpet is minging..

works out at a very good value for money rate..

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Darran Pryce

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 01:21:03 pm »
What is a great dilution rate and works a treat, (encap) 2 scoops (3 scoops if really, really bad) of spm in 15L of water, sprayed left to dwell for 5 mins then agitated.  Every time carpets come up great.  Put some  http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/0088&ViewAction=ViewProduct  all never fails.

JandS

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 04:15:45 pm »
Try the cotton one Darren, especially on suites, it smells gorgeous.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 06:15:40 pm »
We have some cotton too.  We purchased a good selection of them.  Dilution rate is very good too.

stuart_clark

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 07:49:40 pm »
Jamie

I have compared your brand of releasit Hydrox compared to Dynamal and there isn't much difference in the dillution figures, ok the surround dilutes at 60 to 1 but is it as effective as a peroxide based encapp ?  I would beg to differ!I have tried the surround encap in the past but I diddnt gel with it

I may in the future try your releaseit products ie  ds and punch for maybe normal cleaning conditions

Stuart

David Ware

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2014, 09:13:20 pm »
Bonnet Pro, the makers of Surround now offers a hydrogen peroxide based encap called Revive iT Confidence and it has a tropical berry scent that is very pleasant and mild.
Here is the link.  http://bonnetpro.com/encapsulation/revive-it.html

Maybe NSL Restormate will bring it in if you request it.
I would give your Revive iT range a good try if Restormate take stock. Just used the Surround free on 1000 metres today, very pleased if they added HP would have been a benefit with tea and coffee stains.
David

stuart_clark

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2014, 11:25:15 pm »
Will have to have a word with Mr  and Mrs Kelly

stuart_clark

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 05:25:18 pm »
Who supplies inviron ?

David Ware

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 06:24:22 pm »
Who supplies inviron ?

It's Environ and Amtech and Cleaningsystems UK supplie
David

stuart_clark

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2014, 12:03:39 pm »
I have been cleaning some comunal areas in a very large sheltered complex approx 1500 sq mts and been using the new batch of Dynamall ! The fragrence has been much reduced but so has the  the cleaning ability of the solution, think I might try somthing different next time

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2014, 12:42:46 pm »
Is this a job you have cleaned previously with Dynamall?

The reason I ask is we often get comments like this when perfume or colour of a product has changed.

stuart_clark

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2014, 03:37:26 pm »
Yes as I explained to john kelly this morning its the  4th time ive cleaned with Dynamall ! We clean it every three months and this is the fouth clean, but this is the first time with this batch of Dynamal,

Darran Pryce

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2014, 07:55:19 pm »
In what way has the Dynamall change Stuart (Cleaning wise)?   SPM works really well with some nice smelly added to it. 

stuart_clark

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2014, 08:16:54 pm »
It just seem to cut through the dirt like it used to, saying that I will probably still use it for certain jobs as they dont realy get that dirty anyway and the odour is  kept to a minimum

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2014, 10:34:55 pm »
We tried dynamall and hated the smell (so did the clients) and wasn't overly impressed with the results compared to SPM in fibre shampoo with cotton fresh deodoriser.

Simon

stuart_clark

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2014, 11:10:33 pm »
So you mix spm with fibre shampoo and cotton fresh ! That must leave a hell of a lot of residue?

neil 47

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2014, 11:24:57 pm »
Ive been using shockwave on the heavily soiled areas and finishing of with dynmall with great results
IICRC

stuart_clark

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2014, 11:29:53 pm »
But shockwave is a high ph enzyme prespray and designdd to be thoroughly rinsed out

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2014, 11:31:36 pm »
You mix just enough fibre shampoo to give you a whitening effect basically so you can see where you have cleaned and provide an encapsulation element and a dash of deodoriser to add a pleasant smell, but that's optional.
Not sure what the residual elements are from encap products are but I assume they are similar.
Simon

stuart_clark

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2014, 11:45:13 pm »
Well the spm and the fibre shampoo are ionic and the deodouriser is kationic which means they dont mix! Hence the residue thats left in tbe carpet assuming you are bonnet or encapping  and not rinsing all products out from the carpet

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2014, 12:16:16 am »
That's if you choose to put a deodoriser in it.
I have also used Surround which I think is good and have tried Realisit which is also good, I think it comes down to 'horses for courses'

Simon

stuart_clark

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2014, 08:59:34 am »
Getting back to the topic of surround I have used it some years ago but diddn't like it as much as my regular encap at that time which was Fusion Clean ! I might try the release it range or the environ when John starts stocking it, but ive been back this morning to the instalation I was at yesterday with some of the older Dynamall product and apart from the choking odour it definately works a lot better

stuart

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2014, 10:36:18 am »
Just to clarify on the above

John @ Restormate has Surround & Dynamall

Jamie(me) @ Cleaning Systems UK has Environ & Releasit

stuart_clark

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2014, 10:38:44 am »
Yes Jamie (you) I know all that mate but john is going to get in Environ soon Mate !

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2014, 10:49:15 am »
Ah ok. I didnt know that.

John Kelly

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2014, 11:24:33 am »
Don't worry Jamie, we aren't it is Surround Revive it we are getting.
Simon the new Polymer Encaps work in a different way to crystallising shampoos and microsplitters.
The residues remaining from shampoos and microsplitters are just dry residues of the product and dirt. This residue can easily be re-distributed within the carpet due to moisture, spillages or wet feet.
Polymer based encaps encapsulate the dirt and the carpet fibres leaving a very thin coating on the fibres, a third of the thickness of a human hair. Once any residues dry they are completely innert as they are a plastic so can't be re-constituted with water.
John Klucznik posted some very interesting electron microscope photo graphs on the US truckmount forum.

David Ware

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2014, 05:45:37 pm »
Don't worry Jamie, we aren't it is Surround Revive it we are getting.
Simon the new Polymer Encaps work in a different way to crystallising shampoos and microsplitters.
The residues remaining from shampoos and microsplitters are just dry residues of the product and dirt. This residue can easily be re-distributed within the carpet due to moisture, spillages or wet feet.
Polymer based encaps encapsulate the dirt and the carpet fibres leaving a very thin coating on the fibres, a third of the thickness of a human hair. Once any residues dry they are completely innert as they are a plastic so can't be re-constituted with water.
John Klucznik posted some very interesting electron microscope photo graphs on the US truckmount forum.

Thanks John, good reply some cleaning chemicals are fine for bonnet cleaning but if you subscribe to the encamp principal, then stick with products that are designed specifically for that.
When are you looking to have other stock of the Surround range in stock.
David

stuart_clark

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2014, 07:11:39 pm »
Shucks ! Did I get it wrong John ?