all clean and pristine

Which carpet cleaner
« on: December 02, 2012, 11:05:48 am »
can any one give me an opinion on tha karcher puzzi 100 carpet cleaner I am thinking about buying one for my domestic cleaning buisness. Any advice appreciated, as well as any other tips,brands

Cheers all

Simon Gerrard

Re: Which carpet cleaner
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 12:21:11 pm »
It's not a professional machine. You need something a lot bigger than that if you're to look professional and do a decent job in a reasonable amount of time.

Simon

all clean and pristine

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 12:52:41 pm »
Thankyou for reply Simon I am new to this site and replys seem a bit thin on the ground mate ;). Can you give a few suggestions as a place to start

Paul Moss

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 02:05:34 pm »
You can start by just doing a search you will find loads ofinfo you want thats not thin  ;D

wynne jones

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 02:50:05 pm »
You can start by just doing a search you will find loads ofinfo you want thats not thin  ;D

You will also find posts where some wonder product made a fAg burn disappear.  Take everything with a bucket full of salt.  ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

all clean and pristine

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 03:03:12 pm »

Well thanks for those words of wisdom Paul

Paul Moss

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 03:13:07 pm »
No probs, now get off your back side and do some research instead of being lazy :(

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 03:18:19 pm »
Using a puzzi 100 is like cutting  a steak with a spoon.

What sort of budget you working too? I  would  guess you need to spend a grand on a second hand machine to get anything half decent
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Deep Cleaning Solutions

David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 03:40:31 pm »
It's not a professional machine. You need something a lot bigger than that if you're to look professional and do a decent job in a reasonable amount of time.

Simon

I'm sure someone's selling a TM and Tranny haha  ;)
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

all clean and pristine

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 03:58:52 pm »
No probs, now get off your back side and do some research instead of being lazy :(

Lol  thats what I was doing paul research you dont even know me so calling me lazy is just trying to provoke argument..... I maybe mistaken but thought a forum like this was intended to help  ::)

all clean and pristine

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 04:01:50 pm »
Thankyou very much that reply was very helpful I appreciate your help Deep cleaning solutions.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 04:05:45 pm »
You never actually stated what you would be using it for a puzzi would do on upholstery but for carpets get yourself a 2nd hand steempro which you can use for both Carpets and upholstery and also make sure you know a bit about the chems your using alot of the work is in the chem. I only use Dry fusion and would never buy a puzzi only if it were for stairs and upholstery.

Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

all clean and pristine

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 04:07:30 pm »

What sort of budget you working too? I  would  guess you need to spend a grand on a second hand machine to get anything half decent

At the moment its a new start buisness Mike so budget is not too good.I was just advised that a puzzi was ok for starters by another domestic cleaning company.but would upgrade as soon as got some more dollar coming in but full understand where you are comin from

jasonl

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 04:21:02 pm »
You could use the puzzi for upholstery /stairs then use a low moisture system for carpets, this consists of a buffer/pads, vac , sprayer and rake, can be bought new for under a grand , or used under 300.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Paul Moss

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 04:30:32 pm »

At the moment its a new start buisness Mike so budget is not too good.I was just advised that a puzzi was ok for starters by another domestic cleaning company.but would upgrade as soon as got some more dollar coming in but full understand where you are comin from

But your website says you offer a professional service :D

tim handley

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 04:47:12 pm »
look on e bay, look up cleansmart website, look up cleantalk cc forum, youll really need to spend a grand or more to get going and that will be pretty basic kit... forget the puzzi though, unless for car valeting........... youll also need to get on a training course..........

all clean and pristine

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 05:08:10 pm »

But your website says you offer a professional service :D
We do offer a proffesional service mate because at present carpet cleaning is sub contracted

all clean and pristine

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 05:13:14 pm »
look on e bay, look up cleansmart website, look up cleantalk cc forum, youll really need to spend a grand or more to get going and that will be pretty basic kit... forget the puzzi though, unless for car valeting........... youll also need to get on a training course..........

Thankyou for Advice Tim

Richard Meads

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 05:20:09 pm »
I have a local cleaning company and if their clients want carpet cleaning they point them in my direction, they started to clean carpets themselves but without a decent machine it took too long and the results were not good enough.  If you are serious get some training, then you will know about machines, what carpets to clean and how and when to walk away. You would be better to keep sub contracting the work out than getting poor results, over wet carpets etc. that could have a knock on affect for the rest of your business.

all clean and pristine

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 05:51:52 pm »
I have a local cleaning company and if their clients want carpet cleaning they point them in my direction, they started to clean carpets themselves but without a decent machine it took too long and the results were not good enough.  If you are serious get some training, then you will know about machines, what carpets to clean and how and when to walk away. You would be better to keep sub contracting the work out than getting poor results, over wet carpets etc. that could have a knock on affect for the rest of your business.

Good Honest advice richard Thankyou.And yes I agree which is why at the moment I do sub the carpet jobs out.I am just looking at ways to improve profits at the moment,but am in full agreement with your comments.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 06:30:31 pm »
Thankyou for reply Simon I am new to this site and replys seem a bit thin on the ground mate ;). Can you give a few suggestions as a place to start

As has already been stated, get some training. Then you will need a professional quality machine, like a twin vac machine with 150 psi pump. There is no point in skimping on training or buying the proper equipment because without them you won't last long anyway. So if you haven't got the budget then wait until you have.

Simon

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 06:44:45 pm »
Puzzi!!! No chance would I ever clean any customers items with that!! You'll look like a gypsy aswell as doing a bad job.

Seriously, you'll give yourself a bad name mate.

Look on ebay or on here for a second hand airflex or even a steampro.

If you buy a new machine from a suppliars, most will offer a free training course. I.e. CleanSmart.com

all clean and pristine

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 07:40:14 pm »
Puzzi!!! No chance would I ever clean any customers items with that!! You'll look like a gypsy aswell as doing a bad job.

Seriously, you'll give yourself a bad name mate.

Look on ebay or on here for a second hand airflex or even a steampro.

If you buy a new machine from a suppliars, most will offer a free training course. I.e. CleanSmart.com

Yes mate  I will certainly get trained before attempting any jobs myself. For now tho sub contracting is the way for me lol