david knowles

Re: Whats your best chewing gum remover?
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 10:18:31 pm »
i always use the bazooka chewing gum remover its a great tool and by complete chance i have one for sale on ebay
here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bazooka-Chewing-Gum-Remover-/261051056963?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item3cc7db0343#ht_500wt_1202
well its worth a try
I used to be a tight Yorkshire git ! but now im a recycle Eco warrior.

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 10:29:50 pm »
Sorry david,but that thing is a waste of money,,,,

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 12:25:53 am »
Not at all, The bazooka is an awesome tool when used right,

Combined with a steamer we can clear a full nightclub of chewy, barely getting down on hands and knees much at all.

Just steam away at it for about 10 secs then go over it with the bazooka and it's gone, wouldn't be without ours on jobs like this.

Really really tough ones, donkeys years old ones might need a bit of a stab with one of these first
http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/4904
Bit pricey but a great little tool none the less
Www.2venturegroup.com

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 12:47:19 am »
reason for selling such a valuable tool??????????

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 01:00:31 am »
Suppose if you don't do nightclubs, pubs or cinemas etc that have high volume of chewing gum you wouldn't need one as they are no use in a domestic role.

Works for me
 ;D ;D ;D
Www.2venturegroup.com

david knowles

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 09:53:01 pm »
i saw this valuable tool in a auction and left a bid on and won it so i got it cheap but im not a carpet cleaner
the dewalt drill in it alone is worth 80 quid
I used to be a tight Yorkshire git ! but now im a recycle Eco warrior.

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 11:47:51 pm »
Good buy, Honest mate, forget the add on bazooka solvent and all that it's not needed.

The best way by far to remove ground in chewing gum on a high commercial level is by firstly breaking it down then hitting it with a wire brush..... IMO

So steam away at it and then bazooka it, the bazooka allows you to gradually apply the wire brush to looses gum, saving you the hardship of getting down on all fours and scrubbing!!!...... yeah yeah it's just a drill in a tube and loads of people go on about it been a waste of money but in the right environment this cheap little tool can make you loads and save you time, especially if you charge per gum spot.......... which I don't I might add and still it paid for itself in the first couple of hours of use ;)
Www.2venturegroup.com

robert meldrum

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 12:25:09 am »
I tried all of the gum removers but when faced with a national retailers premises I bought a steamer with pressure and vacuumation which proved to be fast and efficient ..............after removal each area was given a gentle scrub with a course towel impregnated with orange to remove surplace .